Steam options Pre-order and Season Pass

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dorimi

VS mods creator
83 Badges
Feb 15, 2011
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Hello,
so as for CK2 there is a lot of DLC being released which is really good, but i was thinking that we obviously will have some DLCs for EU4 and maybe Paradox wouldn't be mind to sell a Season Pass for all future DLCs? For example i would definitely buy all the future DLCs so Season Pass would be an insta buy for me. I bet it would be popular among Paradox fans.
And as an option - is there pre-order option will be available on steam? Idk what bonuses you can include, but as example it could be like -10% discount or something different.

dl:dr take my money

It might be too early to ask, but I`d rather like to know if there will be a non-steam version of the game.

It might be too early to ask, but I`d rather like to know if there will be a non-steam version of the game.

Probably, yes. They have hinted that Steam represents about 90-95% of their sales, but I don't think they will stop selling non-steam versions from Gamersgate. I'm always going to buy non-steam if I can, but since you can run the games without Steam anyway it wouldn't bother me much if Steam was the only alternative.

Yes there will be a non-steam version like always.. I will almost guarantee that.. if it was only steam half the people I know would not buy it :D
That being said, I use steam for all other games than pdox games, so to me it would make little difference.

No one from devteam could confirm or deny it?

Yes there will be a non-steam version like always.. I will almost guarantee that.. if it was only steam half the people I know would not buy it :D

Try "maybe 5% of the people wouldn't buy it". As furga mentioned above, what numbers we have seems to point at upward of 90% of PAradox sales being on Steam already.

Still interested

We will not do any seasonpass, as the amount of DLC produced simply can not be projected at any time.

Would you be happy if we sell a season pass for 100$ at release, and then only release 2 dlc ?

And no, there won't be a non-steam version.. We had a huge forum-demand for a non-steam version of CK2, and it had an even less percent of the market than we had expected.

And no, there won't be a non-steam version.. We had a huge forum-demand for a non-steam version of CK2, and it had an even less percent of the market than we had expected.

I fully expect some feathers to be ruffled by that comment, but if the nonsteam version simply wasn't viable from a business standpoint there is no point letting people get there hopes up... It's not like steam is a 'bad' business platform like the origin store or stardock.

Also the point of a season pass is generally when you know there is going to be X amount of items and they've all been announced prior to sale, like a tv 'season' or a game which uses a episodic format. For DLC something which is created after the event - or atleast should be - and not created during or planned that far ahead it doesn't make any sense. As Johan said.

Afterall you don't expect the developer to be thinking 'Well we'll take out feature X and put it in DLC' the thought process is more often 'If we're lucky maybe we can expand on feature X and make it feature Y'...three months later 'We'll stick with X maybe release Y as a DLC'

Higher chance for steam workshop support which means it will be more easy to search for, download and install mods (using steam workshop).
And of course, my loved achievements.

Is there some cost involved for putting stuff out on Gamersgate or other sales channels? I'm completely ignorant on the matter.

Higher chance for steam workshop support which means it will be more easy to search for, download and install mods (using steam workshop).
And of course, my loved achievements.

+1 I am totally for steam only game , that would utilize more steam features.

Status
Not open for further replies.