Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam options Pre-order and Season Pass

59 games registered

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries

Steam options Pre-order and Season Pass

Hello,
    so as for CK2 there is a lot of DLC being released which is really good, but i was thinking that we obviously will have some DLCs for EU4 and maybe Paradox wouldn't be mind to sell a Season Pass for all future DLCs? For example i would definitely buy all the future DLCs so Season Pass would be an insta buy for me. I bet it would be popular among Paradox fans.
    And as an option - is there pre-order option will be available on steam? Idk what bonuses you can include, but as example it could be like -10% discount or something different.

dl:dr take my money

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It might be too early to ask, but I`d rather like to know if there will be a non-steam version of the game.
    SIR!, WE'RE SURROUNDED!
    Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Sathariel View Post
    It might be too early to ask, but I`d rather like to know if there will be a non-steam version of the game.
    Probably, yes. They have hinted that Steam represents about 90-95% of their sales, but I don't think they will stop selling non-steam versions from Gamersgate. I'm always going to buy non-steam if I can, but since you can run the games without Steam anyway it wouldn't bother me much if Steam was the only alternative.
    Bra där.

Konungr of Scandinavia DarkieBabZ's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Sathariel View Post
    Yes there will be a non-steam version like always.. I will almost guarantee that.. if it was only steam half the people I know would not buy it
    That being said, I use steam for all other games than pdox games, so to me it would make little difference.
    to unite scandinavian as one that is my true goal in life...
    Remember the Kalmar Union
    //Darkie

He who does not understand a joke, he does not understand Danish.
    //Georg Brandes

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm definitely pre-ordering EUIV , I'll al so buy all DLC's , so this would be great.

59 games registered

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    No one from devteam could confirm or deny it?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by DarkieBabZ View Post
    Yes there will be a non-steam version like always.. I will almost guarantee that.. if it was only steam half the people I know would not buy it
    Try "maybe 5% of the people wouldn't buy it". As furga mentioned above, what numbers we have seems to point at upward of 90% of PAradox sales being on Steam already.
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

59 games registered

Blog Entries
    Still interested

500k club

With many DLC packs over the long-run, as is currently the case with CK2, they might not want to do it as it risks becoming a net loss.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    We will not do any seasonpass, as the amount of DLC produced simply can not be projected at any time.

Would you be happy if we sell a season pass for 100$ at release, and then only release 2 dlc ?

And no, there won't be a non-steam version.. We had a huge forum-demand for a non-steam version of CK2, and it had an even less percent of the market than we had expected.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    And no, there won't be a non-steam version.. We had a huge forum-demand for a non-steam version of CK2, and it had an even less percent of the market than we had expected.
    I fully expect some feathers to be ruffled by that comment, but if the nonsteam version simply wasn't viable from a business standpoint there is no point letting people get there hopes up... It's not like steam is a 'bad' business platform like the origin store or stardock.

Also the point of a season pass is generally when you know there is going to be X amount of items and they've all been announced prior to sale, like a tv 'season' or a game which uses a episodic format. For DLC something which is created after the event - or atleast should be - and not created during or planned that far ahead it doesn't make any sense. As Johan said.

Afterall you don't expect the developer to be thinking 'Well we'll take out feature X and put it in DLC' the thought process is more often 'If we're lucky maybe we can expand on feature X and make it feature Y'...three months later 'We'll stick with X maybe release Y as a DLC'

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Bwhahaha, Steam fight!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Higher chance for steam workshop support which means it will be more easy to search for, download and install mods (using steam workshop).
    And of course, my loved achievements.

Ouch. Deathblow to GamersGate

Is there some cost involved for putting stuff out on Gamersgate or other sales channels? I'm completely ignorant on the matter.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by justin6477 View Post
    Is there some cost involved for putting stuff out on Gamersgate or other sales channels? I'm completely ignorant on the matter.
    Different patches have to be made for different vendors. If you make a game Steam only, then only one patch needs to be made.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Die Steam Die! (if im accused of spreading hate, ill use the Simpson defense)
    There are no more cannibals among us, we ate the last one yesterday!

На Львов!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Die Steam Die! (if im accused of spreading hate, ill use the Simpson defense)
    It is "Das Steam, das!"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    Higher chance for steam workshop support which means it will be more easy to search for, download and install mods (using steam workshop).
    And of course, my loved achievements.
    +1 I am totally for steam only game , that would utilize more steam features.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast