• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter XXVI: Cleaning up Africa

With such a positive gain in Mexico, The only nation we bordered was Castille. Ah Castille... War with Castille was inevitable. We had crossed paths with Castille once before when we wanted a territorial gain in Africa. Now they stand between us again. We wanted the Iberian Peninsula and their holdings in Mexico. Such a strong nation stood in between Brittany and all she wished to accomplish. Hopefully this war would go better then last time we met. But before that, we needed to get a feel on all these minor nations in Africa and Italy. Who's side are they on??

Morocco?

Modena?

Venice?

Ferrara might take a little more time, seeing as they are allied to Tuscany and have a strong hatred and fear of us. But there is nothing that money cant fix.

Then Cores started pouring in from all over our land.

Africa.

Speaking of Africa, Kanem Bornu has yet to be annexed....

Integration of Algiers. They accepted without a fight. Very smart of them.

So, Who is next. We just integrated a vassal so we have to wait a while longer to annex another.

How about Kongo?

Very nice. The Cores from Aniuby(Netherlands), Wiliart(Flanders), and Burgundy( I wouldnt want to be Burgundy if I were you) have now just cored.

Naples has Cored as well. Ducats are going to start rolling in. We should Find something to Spend it on. Maybe a CoT in Panama..... Nah, More military!!

Wait, we still have more ducats left over? CoT in Panama!!

Now, I believe we are ready to start a war. Castille, Your bell has been rung..... You said that the second we declared war, Aquileia did the same to us? A pity. Well, March to Fruila.

The Pope has been vassalized. Let me see you excommunicate me now!! All is going according to plan. At least we didnt have every nation in the world declare war on us.

Arent they Allied with Tuscany? This will end VERY well!!

End of Chapter XXVI​

Last edited:
The Mamluks? Why on Earth? Have you got a border with them in Africa?

Good to see that Panama has developed further - a centre of trade, no less. Very nice.

Looking forward to seeing how long it takes you to get Tuscany.

Why is your War Capacity at 61% when fighting Castille? That's why Aquileia thought they could attack. Quite simply put, if you own France, the Low Counties, and England, you should be rolling all over them, which makes me wonder if Castille secretly has (or had) a massive empire somewhere that's not shown in the screenshots. Or maybe you have too few soldiers for the size of your country.

In my games, once I'm strong enough I never get attacked by obviously weak countries unless I'm near the infamy limit. But this seems to happen with regularity in a few of the AARs that I've been reading.

The Mamluks? Why on Earth?

Ditto, I'm wondering the same. It's not like your infamy is atrociously high. And they used the wrong CB, perhaps a hidden bit of AI brilliance, because now you'll have to pay twice the cost to take things from them. And why do you have a fixation with Tuscany - unless they're one of the electors to the Empire?

I'm also mildly amused that you're using my (misspelled) name as a synonym for "Netherlands", when I have yet to form the thing in my AAR.

The Mamluks? Why on Earth? Have you got a border with them in Africa?

Good to see that Panama has developed further - a centre of trade, no less. Very nice.

Looking forward to seeing how long it takes you to get Tuscany.

Yes. I am Bordered to Alexandria. Panama shall Flourish, I shall make sure of it!! I think Tuscany is already Dead. Yes. I just used a Fist of the North Star Reference. Deal With It.

Why is your War Capacity at 61% when fighting Castille? That's why Aquileia thought they could attack. Quite simply put, if you own France, the Low Counties, and England, you should be rolling all over them, which makes me wonder if Castille secretly has (or had) a massive empire somewhere that's not shown in the screenshots. Or maybe you have too few soldiers for the size of your country.

In my games, once I'm strong enough I never get attacked by obviously weak countries unless I'm near the infamy limit. But this seems to happen with regularity in a few of the AARs that I've been reading.

Ditto, I'm wondering the same. It's not like your infamy is atrociously high. And they used the wrong CB, perhaps a hidden bit of AI brilliance, because now you'll have to pay twice the cost to take things from them. And why do you have a fixation with Tuscany - unless they're one of the electors to the Empire?

I'm also mildly amused that you're using my (misspelled) name as a synonym for "Netherlands", when I have yet to form the thing in my AAR.

I have no idea. I dont even know what war capacity is for. Castille owns land all over the world, so it is to be expected. My Fixation with Tuscany is that they are the only thing between me and Total control of Italy, one of my Goals for this AAR.

And I didnt spell your name wrong....:rolleyes:

Chapter XXVII: United They Stand?

Qc42Q4J.jpg

This is truly a head scratching sight. The Mamluks have declared war on Brittany? This is certainly baffling. I guess logic is not to be understood from the primitives. The Mamelukan Conquest of Brittany?? This is Hilarious...... What? There is only 15,000 men garrisoned in east Africa? What nonsense is that? Send another garrison to help out. Not that it will be a problem to begin with.

Ah. Good on you Aragon. You managed to take a province from Castille due to our interference!! You arent on Deaths door..... YET!!

dh7agJZ.jpg

It seems you werent as lucky Portugal.

xD7yyFo.jpg

And Neither were you Tuscany!! Finally, Brittany has uncontested control of Italy. Such a wonderful place.

bXMiefR.jpg

qQUVjc2.jpg

Castille, no matter how hard you fight, your fate is inevitable. You should take notes from the Mamluks. They are doing surprisingly well.

gs3CGQV.jpg

Too Bad it wasnt good enough.

2DaIiGB.jpg

Oh Castille, I shall stop picking on you now. But dont get too comfortable. The Bretons are not through with you yet.

VkxUvhB.jpg

N8P6m0R.jpg

Scotland? Scotland is next? This truly hurts may heart. It really does.

Aquileia? We are still at war with Aquileia? Thats surprising. Our Allies handled everything? Good on them.

9nEjEds.jpg

7IH7TDK.jpg

That was eventful. I rather enjoyed myself. Now we need to focus on the coming war with Scotland and be on our marry way to full control of Mexico.

ZeZSU4Y.jpg

........ Morons.

F4VcwFl.jpg

End of Chapter XXVII​

Last edited:
Well whaddya know? Scotland have colonised - well, it's not quite Panama, but it's close enough ;)

Sadly, Brittany cannot afford to let anyone else have colonies. I look forward to the inevitable war with them.

Too bad about Portugal - though I imagine Castille are really doing you a favour in that it'll now take less time to take Iberia, whenever it is hat you get around to it.

I'm looking forward to the next update.

The numbers of your enemies are a bit disappointing. I expected more meat to bake in the Egyptian sun.

Chapter XXVIII: Mine Splendor Growith

The Religious Era has ended. The infidels to the east let out a great sigh of Relief. The Crusades have ended, the Jihads have ended. Men are coming to peace that we all have our different views. We may not like it, but is something we must deal with.

This was fine with Brittany. Our enemies were a little closer to home. We prepared for our next war with Castille. But now our sights are set on Scotland. They stand in our way of dominating Mexico. But first, its time to deal with the stragglers.

More nations are sent request for us to protect them.

With That, Italy is Three provinces away from our total control. All three are under Breton control. With that, its now time for war with Scotland.

All of their allies abandoned them. Poor Scotland. We shall make this quick.

Scotland was beaten. The war furthered our ambitions in both Mexico and the Breton Isles. Now, we further our preparation for Castille. That was until we had realized that we did not take Scotland completely out of Mexico. They still had one more province left.

The Eperor was very upset at such false information, that he created a University to better prepare for and avoid another humiliation.

At the same time, The Empire was powerful. But they did not act like an Empire. Thus, the Name of Brittany was changed to Imperial Brittany, giving us an all new way to attack our enemies.

We called it the 'BECAUSE WE CAN' Casus Belli.

The Pope had a problem with such an accusation. But who was he to tell us what we can and cannot do?

The Emperor wished to 'try out' his new Casus Belli. He asked the new University in Anjou, who should be their first Victim. Their choice was wise indeed.

Another CoT for Brittany. Ha. Mine Splendor Growith...

End of Chapter XXVIII​