• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
your clue that Naples was a vassal would have been the pop up and a second one when a Neapolitan army landed to help you in Portugal. You had very decent allies in the fight in Castille and Netherlands.

You don't seem to care that your stability is not +3 or that your infamy is always low -you did say you'd be roleplaying your monarchs and warrior kings do like taking lands.

Burgundy will likely inherit some country or countries and make it the reason for their existence to be your bane.

your clue that Naples was a vassal would have been the pop up and a second one when a Neapolitan army landed to help you in Portugal. You had very decent allies in the fight in Castille and Netherlands.

You don't seem to care that your stability is not +3 or that your infamy is always low -you did say you'd be roleplaying your monarchs and warrior kings do like taking lands.

Burgundy will likely inherit some country or countries and make it the reason for their existence to be your bane.

You see. I didnt even see the pop up. I noticed the army landing in Portugal. Thats when it all clicked. Also, I Castille and I arent allies. Just a Royal Marriage. I still dont understand how allies, vassals and RM all have the same colour on the Diplomatic map. It annoys me to no end.

With Stability, no. I really dont care when it gets low until it gets in the Negatives. Once it hits Neg then i will do something about it. As far as Infamy goes, I do care for it. I always have a Diplomat and an Embassy if I can afford one, and my favorite NI is Cabinet (BadBoy -1). But If my Infamy gets too high I just stop until it gets low enough for me to take a few provinces.

As for Burgundy, I hope not. That would annoy me to no end.

Chapter XVII: Allies No More, Fear The Empire Of Brittany!!

The Great war was over. There was now nothing left but to bide our time till our next war. That last war made us out as one of the most evil nations in Europe, but it fazed us not. We did what we had to do to survive. Scotland, Burgundy and Portugal were put into their place. Hopefully, they will give us a longer peace. War isnt what we need at the moment....

The weakest of our coalition was newly released Champagne. We offered to protect them as long as they obey our wills.

2013-02-01_00028_zpsbac08928.jpg

It seemed Burgundy was still at war. The weaklings smelled their chances for Glory. Burgundy didnt stand a chance....

2013-02-01_00029_zpsa2da62ca.jpg

If there was to be anyone to take down Burgundy. It would be us. This was not tolerated. War was immediately declared.

2013-02-01_00030_zpsd6a40306.jpg

2013-02-01_00031_zps5d4a2ad7.jpg

2013-02-01_00032_zpsa310a3d8.jpg

Aragon attacks us?? what sense is this. They must be ill minded to take on such an Alliance.

2013-02-01_00033_zps54d5421a.jpg

So, Netherlands broke their alliance with us eh?. I hope they dont plan to pull a Burgundy on us. That wouldnt be very Wise. Well, we will pay them back.

They white peaced soon after declaring. It bothered us not, for now Aquileia wanted war with us. We Immediately offered peace, as we didnt want our WE to go any higher.

2013-02-01_00036_zpsbb7f25ff.jpg

2013-02-01_00037_zpsbfeac50c.jpg

The King of Netherlands had fell ill?? Passed away with an unsuitable heir to take the throne. And they decided to make Sweden, the Emperor? The Swedish arent that powerful a force to be reckoned with. The Empire is now up for easy conquest. Its time For a new Empire to be Born!!

Behold, The Beginning of the end of Europe.
The All-Powerful Breton Empire Is Born

2013-02-01_00039_zps0e5c2d9b.jpg

Our first order of Business is to gain a new powerful underling.

2013-02-01_00040_zps0bf5399a.jpg

2013-02-01_00041_zps26cd9778.jpg

2013-02-01_00042_zps8573d998.jpg

2013-02-01_00043_zps191ec213.jpg

2013-02-01_00044_zps07597e5d.jpg

No one, Stands Up to the Empire.

2013-02-01_00045_zps075bba70.jpg

What does the Future hold, for our new found power??

End of Chapter XVII​

If there was to be anyone to take down Burgundy. It would be us. This was not tolerated. War was immediately declared.

Wow, that's some disproportionate retribution right there.

On another note, I'm glad to see that you are ditching your rules limiting the number of vassals. In my opinion vassals are one of the more fun aspects of EUIII - they help cut down on the amount of micromanagement and you can be good friends with them, taking care of them and such. It's the PUs that are blatantly broken and overpowered =)

Wow, that's some disproportionate retribution right there.

On another note, I'm glad to see that you are ditching your rules limiting the number of vassals. In my opinion vassals are one of the more fun aspects of EUIII - they help cut down on the amount of micromanagement and you can be good friends with them, taking care of them and such. It's the PUs that are blatantly broken and overpowered =)

Yeah, I just used them as a set base to limit myself and not do like I did in my Scots AAR. But now that Im out there, theres no need. I'm not gonna go crazy with it, but yea.

I'm looking forward to some Empire-bashing :) Go forth and conquer half the known world (and bring back lots more minty things in the next five minutes, or I'll come after you and crush your skull like an egg.)

Looking forward to more.

Nice job breaking Burgundy down. And a PU with the Dutch should be awesome...
With a Swedish emperor the HRE should be hurting.

In the words of my Fav FF character, "Know this Pain, For you shall now be Judged!!!"

I'm looking forward to some Empire-bashing :) Go forth and conquer half the known world (and bring back lots more minty things in the next five minutes, or I'll come after you and crush your skull like an egg.)

Looking forward to more.

I will be working a little closer to home for the next few chapters. But when my men set forth on an expedition, you will have first dibs on picking your prize.

Chapter XVIII: Once More Unto The Breach, My Brave Soldiers.....

They Just dont know when to quit, do they?

2013-02-01_00046_zpsff709793.jpg

Both Aragon and Burgundy have declared war? There seems to be no cure for stupidity. If war is what they want, then it is what they get.

2013-02-01_00047_zps7e265873.jpg

At least they aren't all stupid. Now, take the war to Burgundy. Netherlands is dealing with the Norther border and we shall handle both Aragon and their southern border.

2013-02-01_00048_zps69c50082.jpg

2013-02-01_00049_zps320fde90.jpg

So much for that plan, Netherlands still hasnt recuperated from their war with us. How foolish of me. Well just have to beat them ourselves.

2013-02-01_00050_zps42232ccf.jpg

2013-02-01_00051_zps3f9e51f9.jpg

I have begun to grow quite fond of the land in Africa, Slaves are an abundance and we control most of it worldwide. Seeing as Most slaves are from Africa, maybe that should become our next focus?

2013-02-01_00052_zps02aa5621.jpg

2013-02-01_00053_zpsdd130b13.jpg

I think its also been ten years. Time to Integrate Genoa.

2013-02-01_00054_zpsad2cabf0.jpg

2013-02-01_00055_zpsf6aff413.jpg

How very thoughtful of you Netherlands. You've done us a great service!!

2013-02-01_00056_zps813dec98.jpg

Finally a reason to further our motives in Africa. Let us restart our crusades into Africa.

2013-02-01_00057_zps5cc53cc0.jpg

2013-02-01_00058_zpse6e82d82.jpg

(for some odd reason, my image site won let me bring this one over. it keeps coming up as corrupted. In the peace deal, I only took the provinces of Wolof, Cayor and Gabu.)

It was a overly easy conquest. But it seemed that the new atmosphere was too much for the Emperor. He soon passed away.

2013-02-01_00059_zps7287fe22.jpg

Fortunately for him, his son had the same Ideals. and he put his ideals into motion. He wanted Africa as his own. But Africa was still very unknown to them. He also needed a way to drive the Castillians out of Northern Africa.

Let the Plan be set into Motion

2013-02-01_00062_zps240b0728.jpg

Can you guess what the next chapter is about??

End of Chapter XVIII​

Does this mean I get my prize soon? ;)

Who controls London? Is it Scottish?

Really nice, as ever.

Same as the other chapters
Laying the boots to various ants that are running around. :laugh:
Castille could be a pain if they force the Pyrenees barrier but probably not much if you are prepared to bleed them out.
Better work on sucking up to the Pope

Darién? ;)

Magdeburg? How did that happen?

So let me get this straight, you want me to Colonize Panama, and name it after you?? London revolted from Scotland. For some reason the revolt turned into Magdeburg....

Same as the other chapters
Laying the boots to various ants that are running around. :laugh:
Castille could be a pain if they force the Pyrenees barrier but probably not much if you are prepared to bleed them out.
Better work on sucking up to the Pope

Ill bleed them all right, Them and the Pope!!

After reading it all, following. All three of your AARs.

Why thank you. and you already know im following yours!!

I think I might give this AAR a Double Release. Since tomorrow marks the End of my Ferrara AAR. I'm not sure yet. I wanted to do Frankfurt, but I'm running into some Technical Difficulties.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, you want me to Colonize Panama, and name it after you?? London revolted from Scotland. For some reason the revolt turned into Magdeburg....

I hadn't envisaged you naming it after me, but whatever suits you. To be perfectly honest, I was merely taking the opportunity to bring up what I think is a rather amusing piece of history, so I won't be particularly annoyed of you're unable to get to Panama in time ;)

Chapter XIX: Do Not Falter, Show The World Your Strength!!

Every nation in the area has felt the blunt end of our Might. All but one, Castille. They shall now know what it means to be at the other end of Breton Ambition.

Their Allies are nothing Special. We shall defeat them quick and swift!!

Oh..... No Matter, this will not Hinder our Plans!!

Oh..... This might be a bit of a problem......

Well Damn!!! This has turned out to be a very bad decision. We now find that we're in a 5 front war. Three in Europe, Britannia, and Northern Africa. We march, Remind our enemies why they should fear us!!!

The war was going well. Britannia is on the winning end and Burgundy has been beaten. All thats left is Hansa, Scotland and Castille.

Time to Finish off the Hansa and drive them back to Germany!!

With all wars finished, now we may focus on Castille and Aragon.

Your a little late, but we shall fight you as well.

Castille is formidable indeed. Bet we, WE ARE STRONGER!!

Nice Try Castille, Scotland, Burgundy and Hansa. But the Bretons shall take this victory.

We are now one step closer to unifying Africa under Breton Control.

End of Chapter XIX​

Very nice. Africa's looking nice and purple, well, around the edges anyway.

Burgundy looks to be down and out for good (for now?) which is always a bonus - very well played with the five front war.

Looking forward to more.

You totally crushed them ! Now they will learn to obey the real Emperor and not the pathetic official one !