• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ATBKING

Man Of The Highlands
14 Badges
Jul 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III

Welcome To The Duchy Of Brittany

Located at the most Northwestern corner of Mainland Europe. Ruled by King Jean V de Dreux.

With France and its allies at our every corner, its gonna be a tough first few years.

House Rules:
1) No more then TWO vassals at a time.
2) No more then TWO Personal Unions at a time.
3) If Gone over the Infamy limit, then Vassals must be released until there are 5 points between amount and limit.
4) No Cheats No Restarts
5) Everything is on Normal, with the Exemption of Colonizing. Set to 200.
6) Luck Nations off

Expansion Goals:
1) France and Burgundy Area
2) Brittania
3) North America
4) Iberian Peninsula
5) Africa
6) Italy

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret (Rather Death Then Dishonor)

Table Of Contents

King Jean V de Dreux & Regency(1399-1405)
Chapter I: War to Reclaim Anjou Part I
Chapter II: War To Reclaim Anjou Part II

King Jean VI de Dreux(1405-1451)
Chapter III: 1st War Of French Aggression
Chapter IV: The Crusade!!
Chapter V: De Dreux Is King Of Normandy
Chapter VI: War Against Switzerland
Chapter VII: War Against Brabant
Chapter VIII: War Against France, The War That We Started
Chapter IX: Greatest Peace We Will Ever Know.....

King Henri I de Dreux(1451-1470)
Chapter X: The Beginning Of The Storm, Henri's 1st Taste Of Power!!!
Chapter XI: As We Move Forward
Chapter XII: Battle For Paris Pt. 1

King Henri II de Dreux(1470-1493)
Chapter XIII: The Battle For Paris Pt. 2
Chapter XIV: The Battle For Paris Pt. 3

Emperor François I de Dreux(1493-1542)
Chapter XV: Tensions With Burgundy Pt.1
Chapter XVI: Tensions With Burgundy Pt.2
Chapter XVII: Allies No More, Fear The Empire Of Brittany!!
Chapter XVIII: Once More Unto The Breach, My Brave Soldiers.....

Emperor François II de Dreux(1442-1554)
Chapter XIX: Do Not Falter, Show The World Your Strength!!

Emperor Charles II de Dreux(1554-1590)
Chapter XX: War For the Flemish Throne
Chapter XXI: Putting The Hanseatic League In Its Place
Chapter XXII: Looking Abroad, Our First American Province

Empress Anne I de Dreux(1590-1628)
Chapter XXIII: African Conquests
Chapter XXIV: Taking Out the Straglers

Emperor Pierre III de Dreux(1628-16??)
Chapter XXV: Breton Ambition
Chapter XXVI: Cleaning up Africa
Chapter XXVII: United They Stand?
Chapter XXVIII: Mine Splendor Growith

Last edited:
Can't wait to see you what you do with this one. Subscribed!

Some very ambitious goals, from a relatively weak starting position as well. Looking forward to a very interesting 100 Years War, although with your objectives maybe a 400 year war would be a more accurate term!

Do you plan to take a side in the English-French conflict or will you be forging your own path from the outset?

Can't wait to see you what you do with this one. Subscribed!

Thank you. Welcome aboard.

Tough start, but so was your last one. Subbed!

None of em are as tough as Ryukyu thats for sure.

Some very ambitious goals, from a relatively weak starting position as well. Looking forward to a very interesting 100 Years War, although with your objectives maybe a 400 year war would be a more accurate term!

Do you plan to take a side in the English-French conflict or will you be forging your own path from the outset?

Im always ambitious. With this whole 100 years war thing goin on, I've kinda got a plan. Out of us four, France seems to be the strongest with it and all its vassals. Ill keep my alliance with Burgundy and see how that goes. France cant hold off Burgundy, England, Scotland AND Me can it?? After France is in a weakened form, ill turn my attention to England and force them back to the isles with Scotland and Burgundy as my allies. then ill have the strength to take down Burgundy.

Chapter I: War to Reclaim Anjou Part I

We are the Kingdom of Brittany. More of a Duchy if you will. To our left, the more then Mysterious Atlantic!!.......To our right lay War, greed, and oppression. France, the most powerful and prestigious nation in Europe. It is split into a couple of different Duchy's but France 'owns' them all. To the other side of France, lays my one and only ally, Burgundy. Burgundy is strong, Burgundy is wise!! But its still no match for those Franks. France may be the most powerful nation in Europe, but being the most powerful ALWAYS comes with a price!! They are also the most hated nation. England, Aragon, Savoy, Milan all want to see France brought to Justice. So Lets begin our Long, Grueling process to do so.

We start off fairly simple. The only nation besides us in the Cosmopolitan area that are not controlled by France is The Duchy Of Provence.... and we lay claims to their land!! Their only ally is Naples, but seeing as to how they're part of the empire, Bohemia will come to help them. Bohemia is no threat to me. They wont even come to Provences aid!! War was immediately called.

But not even a month later, Burgundy called for help in its own war, we accepted.

My war.

Their war.

Trier, Cologne and Utrecht joined Luxembourg in their war. Trier took the Helm as leader.

Then, something Devastating happened.... Our poor King Died, Leaving it up to the Regency Council to Bring us Victory.

We won the Siege of Maine and Anjou.

Then Burgundy defeated one of its enemies on his side.

The meager army they sent to stop us fell easily. Now we march to the Capital of Provence, The Province of Provence(HAHAHA!!!).

While on our way, Naples annexed their war enemy Epirus.

And we Finished off the final the last bastion of the Duchy of Provence.

Unfortunately, what I failed to realize that Provence is the Lesser half of a Personal Union. I had no idea they were IN a PU. So now, we must take the fight directly to Naples!!

End of Chapter I​

Last edited:
They probably won't get through France through. So in Provence or, when walking the way to Naples, northern Italy, your army might be in danger, Brittany itself will probably be fine. While AI loves putting effort into irrelevant wars, it's not good at getting MA, after all.

By the way, doesn't even the emperor get attrition for walking through HRE without real access?

Chapter II: War To Reclaim Anjou Part II

Provence has been defeated, But their masters are far from done. Naples still wants this war to go on.Fine then, LET US TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM!!! The only thing standing in our way was the Pope himself, until he got word from our Diplomat that is.

We marched right into their capital!! They couldnt create an army fast enough to take us down and therefore, it led to their downfall.

Meanwhile, Trier is annexed by Burgundy, ending their war. And we Gained manpower in Armor.

Bohemia no longer wanted part in this losing war. and asked for peace. We accepted.

Naples cities fell to us.

Then, with our luck, The Personal Union between Naples and Provence was nullified!! This led to the annexation of Provence. Mission Complete!!

Now that we got what we needed out of the war, what should we do about Naples? We could always use Vassals!!

Victory!! And whats New, Now we have a new form of Conquest!! A Crusade has been called.

Too bad were in a Regency Council and cant declare war on them....

.......Nevermind......

End of Chapter II​

Last edited:
A very efficient Breton land grab. The ai seems to have an insane urge to disband armies after a war is concluded regardless if the state is fighting any other wars, especially if the army is overseas. It's another impressive start. I see Scotland is handing England her arse, which would amuse ATBKING greatly.I think I'd be looking to gain a PU with Portugal and Castille and use the conquest CB to help myself to the conquest of North Africa. Avignon is not that good a mission - apart from its fort, which the French would look to take and take forever to accompish in any war with France.

I see Scotland is handing England her arse, which would amuse ATBKING greatly.

YOU HAVE NOOOOOO IDEA!!! GLORY TO THE HIGHLANDS!!!

But the thing that surprises me is this once in a blue moon sequence going on right now. The nation handing England her arse right now, is Algiers. talk about take the fight to them!! theyre beating them SOOOO badly that they had to call a crusade on them to get some help. HAHA!!

I also dont see any significance in the new mission, therefore, its not at the top of my to do list. using naples as a window to the holy lands again looks for a great expansion for my Holy War CB. I dont know about going into Iberia yet though

Good update, Naples could be a useful vassal, and your gains will help to deter France for the time being. If you can continue to expand as they in turn inevitably defeat the English and Burgundians, you could have a very interesting showdown for France proper!

Sooo following this! :)

What's with North Africans invading England when they're alive... In my last game I had a for some reason intact but not exactly blobby Morocco do the same thing to a stable GB. And I've seen it many times before. How are they doing it? Only Castille and Denmark seem, without player interference, to invade Britain successfully more often than Morocco and Algiers do.

Allow me to contribute !
Drapeau_Bretagne.jpg

All hail Brittany !