+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.09 Patch Notes

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Woot!

Again, absolutely thrilled to see something I've called for on here in the patch notes. In this case, the weak claims to the liege for losing folks to independence. It was abuse-able, and the AI was essentially suicidal to participate in such factions. No more easy strong claims to the gamey folks, and another glorious step towards the death of snowball blobbing! Much love, Paradox.

Though the "more aggressive towards revolters from external powers" bit makes me nervous. Hopefully, that won't result in one blobs breaking up just perpetually feeding other blobs. But I'm a weirdo that enjoys seeing smaller states survive in some corners of Europe.

Oh, and all those notes on dynasty fixes... but no mention of House of Argyll in the Isles, who are a quick trip to "game over" without editting the data, as the Earl's firstborn, non-bastard son is of a different dynasty. Its a simple fix for the player, but until Cadet Branches get included and allow you to continue along their lines, the current set-up isn't a friendly one to potentially new, ignorant players thinking a Scottish count could be a fun romp (which it totally is!).

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Updated the Scottish name list
    seriously? the only good name list in the game.....

how about updating polish one....

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm excited for this!

Thanks Paradox!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Lots of cool stuff here. I wonder what "changes to the Baltic Pagan setup" means.
    Europa Universalis IV Master Mod List

Some of my mods:
    Conquest of Australia - CoP mechanics applied to Australia and New Zealand
    Pindorama - South American Colonial Flavour

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neondt View Post
    Lots of cool stuff here. I wonder what "changes to the Baltic Pagan setup" means.
    Aye, really curious about that one myself.

I hope they gave High Chief Krutoj five times as many counties.

And an Abrams tank.

Who am I kidding, the HRE would bring a large enough deathstack down on his head that an entire battalion of tanks wouldn't be enough. :-(

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Awesome change log. Good to see Armenians are finally Miaphysite.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

HoI AnthologyFor the Motherland500k club

Lots of great stuff, however;

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    - Titles can now automatically change name depending on the culture of their top liege
    Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they?

Also, will it ever be possible to change this behaviour so it's based on the holder's culture rather than top liege? Afterall I don't think the Grand Princes stopped calling themselves that when they became Mongol vassals.
    Last edited by John Forseti; 10-01-2013 at 14:49.

Jackals! Vultures! Lord Finnish's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Still no moddable succession laws

But it's a very good patch nevertheless. Good work
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations

didn't fix the councillor screen bug

maddening

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-screen-micmac
    Last edited by tompalmer; 10-01-2013 at 14:55.
    A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Crusader Kings II
    Ultima ratio Regum - A military focused rebalance mod for EUIV
    Writing a book about history of war

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by John Forseti View Post
    Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they?

Also, will it ever be possible to change this behaviour so it's based on the holder's culture rather than top liege? Afterall I don't think the Grand Princes stopped calling themselves that when they became Mongol vassals.
    I am pretty sure that this means that it would change name of the province (region, defined area, etc) instead of the holders title.

Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they? And I definately remember adding cultural names for mayors in a mod and even though I called Italian mayors "Patrician" they still ended up as "Burgomaster"
    It means province names.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

- Changes to the Baltic pagan setup
    What might this be?
    Finished AAR's': "Lion of the North"

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the Throne
    MagickaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they? And I definately remember adding cultural names for mayors in a mod and even though I called Italian mayors "Patrician" the ones in the HRE still ended up as "Burgomaster"
    it will concern the title name itself, not only the title-holder name
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

Les 3 Tours / The 3 Towers : an economical and medieval flavour mod -NEW-
    ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface : a CoA and Interface mod
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of H.I.P : Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

Quote Originally Posted by Talq View Post
    Erm, you do realise patches require a bit more planning & work than 'ohh the forums have demanded x, lets stick that in tomorrow!'
    I do. It's just not the case with hotkeys, since those are usually trivial to implement. It's just that a certain, pre-existing function get's called on a button input instead/aswell as pressing the icon on the screen. It's not like "the forums" demanded a large rewrite of existing code

HoI AnthologyFor the Motherland500k club

Quote Originally Posted by onyxja View Post
    I am pretty sure that this means that it would change name of the province (region, defined area, etc) instead of the holders title.
    Ah, makes sense.

I wonder how the map will deal with it.

Removed the kingdom of Pommerania from the de jure HRE
    Plz also remove duchy of saxony from de jure Pommerania, otherwise the Billungs will certainly join independence faction

The changes to Pommerania would be pretty sweet, if it weren't for my Nakonid game session, where I already took control of Mecklenburg. lol

What about the "Wrong government type" malus, btw? With the addition of legitimate Republics, will this malus vanish, or will it still stay in effect for feudal lords who accidentally gave a count title to one of their mayors (not knowing that this would turn a county or duchy into a republic! A warning would've been nice =( )

- Constantinople is now protected by the Theodosian Walls
    What does this mean?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyperson View Post
    What does this mean?
    higher fort level
    A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Crusader Kings II
    Ultima ratio Regum - A military focused rebalance mod for EUIV
    Writing a book about history of war

Bad, that there are no changes with religious conversion for imprisoned characters, now it's to easy and certain events have no sense (like this one with court chaplain becoming heretic).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast