• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Woot!

Again, absolutely thrilled to see something I've called for on here in the patch notes. In this case, the weak claims to the liege for losing folks to independence. It was abuse-able, and the AI was essentially suicidal to participate in such factions. No more easy strong claims to the gamey folks, and another glorious step towards the death of snowball blobbing! Much love, Paradox.

Though the "more aggressive towards revolters from external powers" bit makes me nervous. Hopefully, that won't result in one blobs breaking up just perpetually feeding other blobs. But I'm a weirdo that enjoys seeing smaller states survive in some corners of Europe.

Oh, and all those notes on dynasty fixes... but no mention of House of Argyll in the Isles, who are a quick trip to "game over" without editting the data, as the Earl's firstborn, non-bastard son is of a different dynasty. Its a simple fix for the player, but until Cadet Branches get included and allow you to continue along their lines, the current set-up isn't a friendly one to potentially new, ignorant players thinking a Scottish count could be a fun romp (which it totally is!).

I'm excited for this! :)

Thanks Paradox! :D

Lots of cool stuff here. I wonder what "changes to the Baltic Pagan setup" means.

Aye, really curious about that one myself.

I hope they gave High Chief Krutoj five times as many counties.

And an Abrams tank.

Who am I kidding, the HRE would bring a large enough deathstack down on his head that an entire battalion of tanks wouldn't be enough. :-(

Lots of great stuff, however;

- Titles can now automatically change name depending on the culture of their top liege

Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they?

Also, will it ever be possible to change this behaviour so it's based on the holder's culture rather than top liege? Afterall I don't think the Grand Princes stopped calling themselves that when they became Mongol vassals.

Last edited:
Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they?

Also, will it ever be possible to change this behaviour so it's based on the holder's culture rather than top liege? Afterall I don't think the Grand Princes stopped calling themselves that when they became Mongol vassals.
I am pretty sure that this means that it would change name of the province (region, defined area, etc) instead of the holders title.

Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they? And I definately remember adding cultural names for mayors in a mod and even though I called Italian mayors "Patrician" they still ended up as "Burgomaster"
It means province names.

- Changes to the Baltic pagan setup
What might this be?

Don't we already have this? Russian dukes are reffered to ingame as Grand Princes aren't they? And I definately remember adding cultural names for mayors in a mod and even though I called Italian mayors "Patrician" the ones in the HRE still ended up as "Burgomaster"

it will concern the title name itself, not only the title-holder name

Erm, you do realise patches require a bit more planning & work than 'ohh the forums have demanded x, lets stick that in tomorrow!'

I do. It's just not the case with hotkeys, since those are usually trivial to implement. It's just that a certain, pre-existing function get's called on a button input instead/aswell as pressing the icon on the screen. It's not like "the forums" demanded a large rewrite of existing code :)

The changes to Pommerania would be pretty sweet, if it weren't for my Nakonid game session, where I already took control of Mecklenburg. lol

What about the "Wrong government type" malus, btw? With the addition of legitimate Republics, will this malus vanish, or will it still stay in effect for feudal lords who accidentally gave a count title to one of their mayors (not knowing that this would turn a county or duchy into a republic! A warning would've been nice =( )

Bad, that there are no changes with religious conversion for imprisoned characters, now it's to easy and certain events have no sense (like this one with court chaplain becoming heretic).