Fairly new to M&B Warband (enhanced mod) trying to unify kingdom - broken AI?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

denorien

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV
Playing 111% difficulty - Normal Damage, Good Combat and Campaign AI, Fastest Combat Speed, 150 Battle Size.

Day 802. I have been sworn Khergit since day 100, 1313 renown, 541 Honor, 75 Right to Rule, 33 lords with 100 relation including Sanjar Khan, no enemies, I've taken two kings prisoner (presently holding Ragnar over 100 days) and I've let every other lord go every time. Warband is 159 - I only use elites and I have eight heroes around 25th level. I'm 31st level.

I own Dhirim, Ahmerrad, Uhhun Castle, and Uhhun. I've got 12000 Khergit elites in the Uhhun manor in preparation for independence after I am granted one more castle by Sanjar followed by taking another town (probably Suno).

Nords and Rhodoks have dominated and they are both neck and neck with the Khergits. Swadians, Vaegirs, and Sarranids are barely hanging on. I've started no wars, myself, and have only looted four villages - last one over 300 days ago.

My problem is this. All five factions are at war with Khergits and there are no other wars. There hasn't been another war between any other factions for almost 250 days. Khergit's war with Sarranid is over 250 days, Swads 150 days, Nords 150 days, Vaegirs 100 days, and the Rhodoks (who I personally had a 100 relation with on the faction report page) just declared war. I'm actually holding my own on the Dhirim Plateau and I'm able to flash down to Uhhun Castle and Ahmerrad to keep them fine. I'm sure you can see the strategy I have going on. Nevertheless, the grinding and repetition is becoming not fun. I'm skirmishing with three armies, cat and mouse taking, retreating, and losing the castles around Dhirim (none of which Sanjar is awarding to me), and running down to Uhhun to fight the armies that are trying to raid it.

As an aside, if I attack the raider lord in the army, the manor's troops will join the fight. My largest battle at Uhhun was over 1000 army - against my 10,000+ manor.

Lastly, I stopped accepting being Marshall somewhere around day 500 since I didn't want to get Khergit ahead of Rhodoks and Nords.

Have I bent the AI that it is not going to let up at this stage? No other wars or peace agreements for this long plus the continous focus on the Dhirim plateau by the other factions for this long doesn't seem in line with the previous ebb and flow of the game.

I'll stop now and consider how to play another game where this won't happen. The earlier games I played at easier difficulties did not do this - regretably, I didn't take any of those games to full unification. I want to see what happens when the kingdom is unified.

I appreciate any insight or suggestion.