[SG] Violent Wind, Setting Sun... - Discussion, Rules and Organization

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ober

Sir Anjin
20 Badges
Sep 15, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
HeXm0.png

So here our topic for discussion and organization matters starts ;) Feel free to write about everything connected to our SG here! Soon more things will be added to that post, including Custom Rules, Save repository, Files repository (valid for us after 15th Century) and probably some more. If you want to join our SG - it is the topic to sign in. Requirements? Not that big. Average FtG-skills, time to play and describe one turn per week or two, and obviously basic English skills. But last one is obvious I guess. ;)

Main Info:

Game Version: For the Glory 1.2
Mod: Slightly Edited MEP v.003 -> Click!
Thread: Click!
Turns: From 15 to 25 years, depending on how many players do we have. For now it'd be good to go with about 20 years per turn.
Time: If we can have one update per three-four days, it would be quite good.

Players:

1. Ober (1 turn, 24 years)
2. Samorin (0 turns, 0 years)
3. Jushu (0 turns, 0 years)
4. (...)

Last turn: Ober (1419-1442)
Next turn: Samorim (1442 - 1467 max)

Smashing News: (quick questions and infos, older ones will go to spoiler)

1. Therion told me that he cannot join us ATM :( So it means that there are only three of us by now. If you know anyone who would like to join us, contact him. I've sent some PMs too, maybe someone would like to participate too. Although I'm pretty sure we won't end up that way, I guess we'd have to ask a few people if we want our group to grow.

2. Confirm your participation! You guys did it several times via PM, but I would want you to mark that once again, this time here - just to show that this SG is not a lieee! Yeeaaahh! Also Samorim, please confirm if you will be next - even if you did it several times to...I just want everything to be extremely-clear-9000!

Custom Rules:

When playing as Timurid Empire our main goal would be to reclaim power of mighty Mongol Empire - as Timurid state is somehow descendant of old Il-Khanate and Mongol invaders. Power might be considered in dozens of ways - it might be pure military conquest (aiming at Empire's reunification) or peaceful economic growth. It depends on player. I would personally love to see every player going his own way - we have a major goal, but we have good variety of ways to accomplish it. If one would like to steamroll China and make it Mongol vassal again - not a problem, go on! But next player might be like "nah" and start colonization of Siberia, thus ignoring China. Everyone does as he wants - game would be sorta spicy then. Nonetheless, there are some rules that you have to obey - otherwise you are really bad person

*Mantle of Genghis-Khan - our main goal. Way you want to achieve it - it's up to you. It might be fierce conquest (don't care about badboy!), it might be way of diplomacy. It's not like we cannot conquer any non-Nomad province, but these should be considered most important for us. After them we can aim at territories which defied Mongols, like Japan or Egypt. If we'll have a chance to

*Will of Khans - although long time ago Olav stated that SG-participants should discuss every matter and decide together, I would like to deny that rule. Surely we will be sharing our thoughts, ideas and plans, but in the end I want no one to be tied to some dull directions, except these main ones. Just do whatever you consider good thing! If you feel like you can make Russia submit, don't ask other players what they are thinking - go for it! Surprise us!

*Leave Persia alone! - we let our Empire lose its Persian possessions, just accept all the events and peacefully retreat from Iran. If someone wants to retake it later, why not? We simply have to go with events at the start.

*Countless Hordes - When it's possible, it'd be really climatic to hold a considerable number of cavalrymen. Violent Wind, right?

*No Economy - Which Horde cares about money? If you want to mint for ten years, go on! Hordes knows no economy. Even if it might lead (and I'd really want it) to make our economy useless, it's simply climate. If someone needs to (or just wants to piss off next player) mint cash, raise wartaxes or take five loans and bankrupt - do it without hesitation! Although it's surely not a must and it might sound strange, I wanted that rule to remain on the list. It is not a must to destroy our economy, but if someone feels like so...well, go on!

*Mongol Raids - I'd want every player to hold at least one Raid - which means basically attacking another country (but not one-province-weaklings without an army) and flooding it with massive number of units. The more cavalry - the better raid is. One has to vassalize raided country when possible (or at least take MA) and take money. Provinces...might be, if you have enough WS.

*Domestic Policy - full Land and Offensive Doctrine is a must for new Mongol Empire. Speaking of other sliders it's up to you.

*Modding Possibilities - which still needs to be discussed, although for now we'll probably have our own monarchs after 1502 (Ulugh Kabuli's death). Post your suggestions on everything connected to our own modded files for that SG, yo!

Save Repository:

1. Turn #1 (3.10.1442) - Click!http://www.speedyshare.com/Kn8pw/ViolentWindSG-1442.rar
2. Turn #2 (...)

Files repository:

Currently none. Probably after 1502 we will start with our own monarchs, flags, etc.

Last edited:
Hi guys. If anyone wants to pick up the game, go ahead. I thought I'd want to play FtG but I'm not in the mood for it, at all. I've played it to exhaustion as it is.