• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
'Game speed GREALTY improved?' Oh my! Now only thats is worthy enough for me to say thanks to the devs who still patch up the game and keep listening to players' complains and suggestions!

(half unrelated, could the optimization could be used in a retroactive patch for your previous games? Namely 2020, who also suffered from slowness)

Lithuanian,

I noticed you had nuclear weapons penalties set on low and critical UN unchecked....If you want a realistic sense of gameplay, I suggest checking critical Un along with starting with units....I doubt europe will fall so easily and if you are able to consolidate, dealing with the russians will take you a very long time since there initial army is huge...if i recall correctly they start with like 2200 units.....in a game where u start with no units, a combined arms force of about 150 units can take over anyone eventually.....Also if you do happen to unit europe...you could always try taking out the usa...that would give you one hell of a war there...washington isnt easy to take if you arent going through canada or mexico.......last bit of challenge advice, i only and always play iron man games...i suggest that as a keystone as well, ive never understood how someone can lose a war, some units or anything else and just reload there save....not saying you do that, just saying, takes the losses and the wins equally for a challenging game...

So far game runs smooth for me. But still got a huge problem with all industrial goods in the world is gone 2-3 years into the game.

Thanks for the patch!

Its nice to see you keep the game updated!

FYI i bought your game 4 times.

2 for my friends and myself once from steam and once from Gamersgate. Just to support the companies that make games with less graphics but more complexitiy because they deserve respect.

Last edited:
balthagor

so i am playing as austria....spend a nice bit of time in game, 2.7% unemployment.....time to invade yugoslavia, get myself some ports and add times 2 to my population size.....they last a few weeks, after all i only have 40 line units i am using to invade. (austria starts with zero units and zero land fabs even in a game started with units, which this was)

So anyways i take them over and bam....same problem i reported before.......2.7% unemployment remains unchanged............i literally added twice my pop size and unemployment didnt move.

happy gaming

K, thanks. I had spoken to George about it (our programmer) but we didn't discuss where it ended up. There may still be a logical explanation (it may assume everyone has the same unemployment now that they are in the same country and take a few weeks to adjust).

Still no response about my massive shortage of industrial goods in every game?

I didn't think it need a response, there was no actual question asked. Industrial Goods supply has been discussed in the past many times, it's 1950, just after WWII destroyed massive industrial capacity and everyone is trying to rebuild. AIs will build IG facilities to increase their capacity, players are welcome to do the same. Working as designed.

Got up to the 1960s and no industrial still. Can't build anything at all, can't even build industrial goods factories cause I lack them.

@zezeb
I am familiar with the problem you are talking about, but I definitely think you exagerate. If you have started tens of constructions don't be surprised the market is not able to provide you full supply that is needed.
Furthermore, having this in mind you should do what you can to ensure you are almost self sufficient in IG yourself, before building any other type of building.
Have you limited your consumer goods production? They take looots of IG, too.

So however you have some point in what you're saying I think you're simply lacking proper strategy. Start from constructing IG, even medium ones, and everything will be fine. You could scrap some agriculture/water/timber facilities to quicken the construction.

I have barley built anything in my country except some oil and electrisity.(Colombia). I didn't need to build any agriculture/water and timber cause I almost produced a surplass for them. I am having max price on to import them and I import around 100.

You really have to take your time when building up your economy. As Spain, while they aren't very developed, I was able to support building one or two constructions at time (Also made a lot of cash from fresh water, strangely enough).

EDIT: Ooops.