• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90027)

Major
8 Badges
Dec 30, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Showdown Effect
I've never really played Britain yet, so i thought i'd dabble. There's some event changes and the map is E3, with lots of hand made "events" coming up some time into the game.

I'll give you this timeline here and try to play as well to go by it as i can. My main objectives will be to defeat Germany and wipe all traces of communism from the face of the planet WITHOUT the help of the French and Americans. US will not live long enough to become part of the Allies, and there will be a war of unification in the South Americas and Asia, while Democratic Russia and Poland will become major powers in the continental Europe, and China will try to restore it's pre-imperial collapse borders, and maybe a little extra. Africa may or may not have a few large independent countries by the end of the game. Will just have to see what happens.

Note that i will be trying my best to go by this following timeline, but i think changes in order in which certain objectives will be even attempted may occur. Some may also have to be abandoned completely. We'll see what happens.

1930's

1. Buildup phase: Researching the technologies and building up defenses to withstand and in time to crush the Germans and the Russians.

2. Consolidating defensive forces in and around the home islands, and the most vital colonies, while helping for as long as possible.

3. Building up a good stock of raw materials and cash.

1940's, 1950's & 1960's

1. South American continental war. (Making the AI nations declare wars on each other.)

2. Fall of an Eagle: The fall and fragmentation of the United States into several smaller nations. Civil war because of "N" reason. (Giving them 100% dissent to cause a civil war.)

3. Destroying Italy's capabilities to wage war outside of mainland europe completely.

4. Expanding navy and air force to destroy the German air and naval forces completely, and then their industry.

5. Ultra-belligerence of the USSR. (Making the Soviet Union declare war on all of their neighbors.)

6. Liberation of mainland Europe with highly efficient but not very large land based forces, complete destruction of the German warmachine.

7. Creating buffer nations to help contain and then deal with the Soviets, if they've survived this far.

8. Maybe re-establishing the French nation if they've been completely annexed.

9. Pacifying the South American zone by uniting it under a single nation, which one, will have to see.

10. Helping Canada annex the North American zone completely.

11. Creating a large Poland.

12. Creating a strong independent Russia and China to control most of Asia.

13. Other stuff and finishing up.

After this the world should be largely under one single alliance, with very few completely unaligned nations. Truly a war to end all wars.

Alright, let's begin. First off, setting up the game.

First, research which will heavily concentrate on land, air and sea. It's important to get these to an acceptable level as soon as possible, to build strong air and naval force as soon as possible. Will improve industry possibly in early 1940's
317a52v.jpg

Production of new units will be on hold until i gain use of my full wartime IC potential.
2s0xzlh.jpg

Trading to keep a balanced stockpile of everything.
2wf698o.jpg

Moving towards standing army and low declaration of war dissent. Slightly away from total democracy and more towards a paternal autocracy. Hopefully as much democratic as possible, and definetly keeping away from the two parasitic children of Carl Marx.
14ms0p3.jpg

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    143,1 KB · Views: 64
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    181,6 KB · Views: 62
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    155,2 KB · Views: 66
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    156,9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Post #2 Updated.

I'll try to keep posting updates as often as possible, but i wont post every little change i make, unless i think it may affect a lot of the later game. So no research updates, unless it's to inform i need to make a large change on what i research because of something unexpected or whatever.

Also, i'll try to put as much of my military advancement as possible in writing rather than a picture heavy posts. Not sure yet on will i do completely story based posts and/or just explain what i do. Maybe a bit of both, we'll just have to see.

I'm interested too in how you'll do as UK against such a powerful Germany, especially without the US or France helping you.

Annexations and civil disarray

Things finally starting to happen. First, the Germans in a show of diplomatic brillance, brought the nations of Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Bulgaria into the reich and gained control of all their resources, industrial might and military assets.

2ug1jco.jpg

The league of nations did nothing, which in turn caused Mexico, Brazil and Chile to become very belligerent towards their neighbors, unfortunately for Brazil and Mexico, their population rose up in revolt against their governments. Fortunately for Chile, their dissent was not as high enough, and they managed to keep control of their government, but were seriously weakened against their enemies now, and were not able to advance very far.

119rpr8.jpg

Then as if that wasnt chaotic enough, the US government declared war on the belligerents, and immediately came to regret it due to bad propaganda when they also fell into anarchy and then civil war. (Funny, the AI seems to cheat here. Every time i add him 100 dissent they get rid of it very quickly, or they manage to beat down the rebels, which no other country can do, because in a fight against their own rebels no country can defeat the rebel divisions' organization, but have to bring down their manpower, which is near impossible for AI it seems.)

kbav5t.jpg

More mayhem

The Soviets took all this disarray, and the decline of USA as their cue to launch their own invasions against Poland, Romania, Persia and Scandinavia. Too bad they had non aggression pact with Finland, so they could not attack them.

Pretty soon though, they too came to regret this decision, not because of popular opinion, but because Germany joined the war, first alone, and then as an ally of Poland.

They at first, made a landing at Leningrad, and then through Poland when they became allies. The Romanians managed to keep their borders intact all this time, while the Poles had to give up some land until they managed to rally on the front and when they got their german reinforcements they were able to push the Soviets far into Russia itself.

The Soviet position became even worse, when the French declared war on them, and i'm now able to send my indian forces to attack them through allied Persia.

With the western allies now included in the war, the smaller nations against Soviets became bolder and joined the British led allies. First the Scandinavian nations, then Persia, and finally the Finns and Turks also joined in.

The Soviets were now under extreme pressure to defeat half the world's countries alone. Although the Soviet soldiers were tough fighters, they were hampered by woefully bad equipment and leadership.

fc1un8.jpg

qpos9u.jpg

Persia was almost taken back, when Neville Chamberlain died. But nothing would save the Soviets now.

I was actually hoping that the Germans and Soviets would bleed each others' MP away in a long drawn out war, but i'll have to think up something else now.

That's a pretty clever Germany AI successfully invading through Leningrad, good to see (although the USSR should've been able to hold the coastal-fortress-city). Indeed your biggest challenge will be Germany.

Sorry guys, i've had the norovirus for about a week now, but i'll try to continue as soon as possible.
Ouch, such a nasty illness, I hope you get better soon.