• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(100125)

Major
4 Badges
May 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
anyone else find that to be a huge hassle?

maybe im just doing something wrong but I find Ill have my empire title going to whoever was born in the purple while most of my other titles goto whoever the REAL 1st born is under primo...

there an easy way to set this up so the "born in purple" 1st born gets everything?

Give your first child the title of Despot.

Problem solved, they become your heir.

Give your first child the title of Despot.

Problem solved, they become your heir.

Ditto. It can be used to your advantage, say if you have three elder sons not born in the purple and two sons born in the purple. In such a scenario, you can choose who is going to be heir. (Out of the three not born in the purple and the eldest Born in the Purple.)

I had an awful eldest son, a second son who was a craven and who's diplomacy would have destroyed the Empire, then there was my third son. Good diplomacy, decent military and intrigue as well as a good stewardship. I made him despot, he up-jumped his older brothers and his younger brother.

apparently this doesent work if you are absolute cognatic... like I am :(

Considering you went to the trouble of making your Emperor Basque at some point of just cheated, you kinda brought it upon yourself. Agnatic-Cognatic is always the way to go if you feel secure in your heirs.

apparently this doesent work if you are absolute cognatic... like I am :(
You mean granting title of despot has no effect, purple born trait has no effect, or that you can't grant title of despot to females?

You mean granting title of despot has no effect, purple born trait has no effect, or that you can't grant title of despot to females?
For whatever reason you can't grant despot to women, I've tried it before

For whatever reason you can't grant despot to women, I've tried it before
The reason is very simple: "is_female = no"
I suppose you could mod this in so you can grant title if byzantine empire is absolute cognatic.
Find 00_minor_titles.txt file
find title_despot entry
replace is_female = no with
OR = {
is_female = no
FROM = {
e_byzantium = { has_law = true_cognatic_succession }
has_landed_title = e_byzantium
}
FROM = {
e_roman_empire = { has_law = true_cognatic_succession }
has_landed_title = e_roman_empire
}
}

That should do it. Do not forget to make backup of file you are editing if you arent sure what you are doing