• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
So here it is, finally:

CORE 0.60 for AoD Official Release

This is the link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22775323/CORE2_0_6_0.exe

Alternate download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/1589937738/CORE2_0_6_0.exe

Checksum is KZBE

This version has been developed for the new 1.08 patch and will only work with this patch.

CORE is meant to be run using normal/normal settings

Changelog:

Code:
C.O.R.E. for AoD

Changelog for Ver 0.6.0.25 (AoD 1.08, official release 12 22, 2012)

units:
- Abandoned single ships
- Used nuclear subs as long range subs
- Extensive rework on land brigades, including many new brigades
- Extensive rework on air brigades, including many new brigades
- Extensive rework on naval brigades, including many new brigades

tech:
- massive rework of naval tree
- massive rework of aircraft tree
- modifications to naval doctrine tree
- modifications to industrial tree
- conversion techs now in tech tree

ai:
- extensive rewrite of US Pacific ai
- extensive rewrite of JAP Pacific ai
- extensive rewrite of GER and SOV Barbarossa ai
- complete rewrite of research and tech trade ai, all nations

event:
- Suiyuan campaign event series
- SOV mobilisation events
- SOV coal production shift events
- Several aircraft deal events
- Submarine deal events
- modifications to surrender events
- extensive rework of naval construction events
- tech activation events
- Flavour "speeches of WW II" events
- Return of West Africa to France
- corrections to Egypt change sides events
- war/peace attrition events
- Italian surrender rework
- corrected several problems with YUG Pact of Steel events

gfx:
- graphics adapted to new model layout and new techs
- several new event pics
- Inclusion of parts of the Tripartite mode 
- country specific model icons (naval)

db:
- extensive OOB rework to fit with new models
- YEM no longer in Allies
- extensive corrections to unit and model names
- IC increase
- oil and rare decrease
- Extensive rework of other resource locations, mainly energy
- Tech Team review
- extensive modifications to misc.txt

map:
- renamed several provinces
- deleted two province
- climate and terrain changes

CORE 0.60 b/w graphics pack (with updated travel guide and new unit pictures), Sept. 12, 2012 version.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22246847/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

Alternate download, Sept. 12, 2012 version (this link provided by Denniss seems to work):

http://depositfiles.com/files/ij1wpvpp2

And to check whether Rapidshare will work again at some point:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2963680338/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

There is currently no colour graphics pack available. Installing the 0.50 colour graphics pack will ruin the graphics install.

Quickfix #1:
Launching carrier strikes on port in certain areas of the Pacific causes a CTD. Please use the following quickfix:

http://rapidshare.com/files/1281186337/CORE 060 quickfix 1.rar

It contains two files to be placed into the mod-CORE2 folder, replacing the existing version.
The .csv goes to \db and the .tbl file to \map (not into vanilla AoD!!).
Checksum of my test installation changed to NSHC.

Please backup the original files first just in case it's not working as intended !

Last edited:
The provided link for official release does not have an active download ability - that's why you have 0 downloads so far. It might be I'm blind and don't see the button.

Edit: Is anything new from the last release candidate?

4 Downloads on Gamefront and 6 on Rapidshare, so it should be working.

Changes: minor, the main thing is probably a finetuning of the German winter AI, which should make them perform slightly better in Russia.

It works now - it has been known that Gamefront is not stable and looks like I stumbled upon it when it had a bad time...

Thanks, works great :)

One thing I think wasn't the case in previous versions - or at least never happened to me - US event "return Morocco to France"... I had it about two weeks after getting Morocco from Darlan and it greatly complicated the issue of fighting in Africa, but what really hurt was a teleportation of my forces in Morocco to a strategic transport pool, naval units could be redeployed within 24 hours, but ground forces - after a week, and it messed up my invasion plans (not to mention that to hold a control of French colony during the major invasion is not too much to ask for, I don't think Americans historically relinquished all control immediately... not as annoying as creation of neutral Federal Germany during major anti-Soviet offensive, but still...).

Anyway - teleport :/

And again, as in previous versions: Siam/Thailand keeps its gains after surrendering to the Allies...

And don't get me started on "Japan surrenders"... happened when Japan was two provinces from annecting China, I (playing the US) had no atom bomb, no provinces from Home Islands were taken (apart from the Ryukus), and for some reason USRR got Manchuria (despite not being at war with Japan and barely dealing with German offensive). It was 1943 and I can't see historical Japan surrendering in these circumstances (and US accepting such a surrender - pre war borders for Japan, Taiwan included... army not disbanded...)

Last edited:
The link for alternate download of graphics pack does not looks like working anymore. RapidShare shows "Downloading Unavailable". Looking forward for new source.

I suggest not uploading anything on GameFront.
"Game Front file downloads are not supported in the following territories.
Argentina
Mexico
Chile
Spain
Thailand
Poland
Colombia
Brazil
France
Venezuela
Italy
Peru
Uruguay
Malaysia
Turkey
Indonesia
India
Ecuador
Costa Rica
Honduras
Hungary
Philippines
Portugal
Romania
Russian Federation
Serbia
Singapore
Sweden
Japan
Indonesia"

Last edited:
All I can say at the moment is that the graphic pack file is still there and that the link is correct. I get an error message on download, too. From where I am at the moment, I cannot upload another version, so continue trying or use the gamefront link. If somebody can provide a different download link ATM, it would be highly appreciated.

I got it to work now with a new 108 but without adding the graphic pack from the gamefront link which seems to have been the problem.

Unfortunately GameFront file downloads are not supported in some countries (list of them in my previous post). I am from one of this "troll" countries so I have to submit my fate in the hands of Tegetthoff xD. But seriously it really looks awful when you have to play CORE without all these photos.
Hoping for some new up as soon as it possible.

Ok guys, give the new Rapidshare link a try ...

But I have to admit that I cannot download it either ....

New link, old problem. Still "Download unavailable"...

Thanks Denniss - link copied to top post.

Thanks. Works perfect.

So far having no issues, great mod overall. That is there are AI issues here and there, but there´s only so much you guys can do.

When HOI 4 is announced I hope you take a more active voice in giving suggestions to the game because IMO CORE is a huge inspiration to what a WW 2 grand strategy game should be. HOI 3 is lost in a sea of excessive complexity and dumb featuritis.

Thanks!

So far having no issues, great mod overall. That is there are AI issues here and there, but there´s only so much you guys can do.

When HOI 4 is announced I hope you take a more active voice in giving suggestions to the game because IMO CORE is a huge inspiration to what a WW 2 grand strategy game should be. HOI 3 is lost in a sea of excessive complexity and dumb featuritis.
+1!