• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most of the team is now off for the holidays, and the final remaining of us leaves today for up to two weeks of relaxations with friends and family.

The Europa Universalis IV team have worked very hard this year in making the foundations of a rather awesome game which has now reached the alpha stage, which means that the game is feature complete. When we get back from the holidays, the team will work towards the beta, where the remaining content gets into the game, including final events, tutorial and AI.

In the last two weeks, we've done quite a lot of multiplayer testing with QA Team and the Design Team.
It sounds a bit pretentious to say team when QA is 3 people and design team is me and King, but well :)

We have run multiple campaigns as the 5 western powers for the first 100-150 years to tweak the start of colonisation and expansion.
Constantly rotating players between countries and tweaking mechanics and balance to improve playability.

What we discovered was that the game, in this early stage, it is damn fun!
And sometimes you have to admit that you lost a war, and cut your losses.
Sometimes you become really proud of your accomplishments, and sometimes you go, why the hell did I just do that??

So what has worked out the best?
- Trade, where navies are vital.
- Monarch Power, the strategies are endless.
- Combat, the changes make warfare so much more fun and battles interesting.

OTOH, there are some interfaces that needs to be reworked to be easier to handle and give better interfaces, especially the diplomatic and province interfaces..

Here's a screenshot of my France in one of the sessions, a few months after the peace where I had finally defeated Burgundy and their perfidious allies..

eu4_8.png

We're back after January 6th to conquer the world and enslave humanity!

[video=youtube;W35yQuO4fq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35yQuO4fq0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, have a nice Christmas and New Year. Also, it seems Regina is even allowed to tweak Johan's posts :O

Theres already an official cult, and even unofficial one. They both have secret hand shake and all, and worship the Grandwizard who shall not be named.
Johan?

:p

What, I thought it was Bib! who was the prophet. All i can say is that I'm not theologically minded:D
It does not matter who the Grand Wizard is, any attempt to name him is blasphemy. This is religion, not barchoba!

Edit: I realized not all English speakers might know the ancient guessing game by the name of barchoba.

I wouldn't worry too much about the possibility of a schism. After all, all that Johan needs to do is complete the Pentarchy mission.

i wouldn't worry too much about the possibility of a schism. After all, all that johan needs to do is complete the pentarchy mission.

stone him

It does not matter who the Grand Wizard is, any attempt to name him is blasphemy. This is religion, not barchoba!

Edit: I realized not all English speakers might know the ancient guessing game by the name of barchoba.

Besides, we all know Johan is the god of thunder and rock'n'roll. Or did he give up his divinity?

I wouldn't worry too much about the possibility of a schism. After all, all that Johan needs to do is complete the Pentarchy mission.

EDIT: In the above sentence, Remove "Johan" and Insert "The Chosen One"