• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, there reinforce/repair cost is still modified by current vs max unit STR and is generally lower then building a unit from a scratch.
For unit at 1% STR this modifier is 0.99, for unit at 99% STR the cost modifier is just 0.01.

This model is inherited from HoI(2?) and after a discussion in the team we decided to keep it for now (a unit is more then the cost of its equipment, so it is not completely out of sense)

Sorry but that reasoning is ridiculous - 200 destroyed tanks are 200 destroyed tanks whether they're from 1 division or 5. But there's something else going on with the repair costs:
they're far, far lower than vanilla arma or even some of the mods for DH. I don't know why but somewhere something has been lost, probably relating to the extended build times not being computed in repair costs or something of the sort. Even with the funny strength modifier to cost, repair costs in DH full are tiny compared to every other incarnation of HOI2. Something else has happened.

What I find really annoying is that I pointed this all out pretty much a year ago, in excruciating detail, yet it's been utterly ignored to the point where the problems inherent in building new units vs reinforcing and the way that this makes encirclements extraordinarily devastating compared to combat losses, have been worked around through adding free units and the like. It's as though every possible side-track has been followed in an attempt to avoid at all costs actually addressing the flaw in the mechanics.

Last edited:
If you read into his post a bit, I get the feeling that he's not trying to justify the system as it is, he's just saying that it IS a problem, but they had larger things to worry about at that point in development.
That's definitely fair enough (as far as flat vs changing repair cost vs strength is concerned) but the way costs presently scale in general compared to unit build costs is most definitely a major problem and issues that the team has obviously spent a lot of time trying to address at least partially stem from how cheap repairs are - and I still have no idea why they're so cheap in DH compared to Vanilla arma (or at least they seem to be). Is it that they depend solely on the IC cost of units and not the total IC days or something? (so reducing cost while increasing build time reduces repair costs even if total IC days stays constant or decreases?)? cause if so that's a bit of a problem that ought not be that difficult to address in a patch, even if strength as a factor in repair cost is maintained.

That's definitely fair enough (as far as flat vs changing repair cost vs strength is concerned) but the way costs presently scale in general compared to unit build costs is most definitely a major problem and issues that the team has obviously spent a lot of time trying to address at least partially stem from how cheap repairs are - and I still have no idea why they're so cheap in DH compared to Vanilla arma (or at least they seem to be). Is it that they depend solely on the IC cost of units and not the total IC days or something? (so reducing cost while increasing build time reduces repair costs even if total IC days stays constant or decreases?)? cause if so that's a bit of a problem that ought not be that difficult to address in a patch, even if strength as a factor in repair cost is maintained.

I entirely agree. It makes envelopments too powerful and straight-up doing lots of damage to a unit underpowered if repairs are so cheap.