• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jordarkelf

01_TITLE_STRING
164 Badges
Jul 13, 2005
erbkaiser.nl
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Ancient Space
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
New mod using this idea: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-dynamic-historical-heresies.915221/

---
Compatibility: version 2.0 and later (Sons of Abraham DLC)
Last checked with version 2.0.1.

This mod removes some of the randomness from the heresy system. Heresies will now be more likely to appear in provinces where they make more sense, so you'll see Cathars in the south of France, and Bogomils in Bulgary etc.. The same goes for characters becoming spontaneously heretic.

It works both with and without DLC, but of course if you have Sons of Abraham installed it uses the new system from the DLC instead of the generic one.

Changed events: -religious_events.txt, -health_events.txt, -job_lord_spiritual.txt, -soa_heresy_events.txt

Culture/heresy mapping:

Catholic:
Occitan - prefer Cathar
Italian - prefer Fraticelli
Saxon or English - prefer Lollard
Frankish - prefer Waldensian

Orthodox:
South Slavs (Bulgars, Croats, etc.) - prefer Bogomilist
Russian - prefer Iconoclast
Arabs - prefer Monothelitism or Nestorian
Persian - prefer Nestorian
Mongol - prefer Nestorian

Sunni:
Persian - prefer Zikri
Kurdish - prefer Yazidi
Bedouin - prefer Ibadi

Shia:
Levantine - prefer Druze
Persian - prefer Hurufi

Jewish:
Altaics (Khazars, Turks etc.) - prefer Karaite

Any other case has equal chance.

Feel free to use or adapt in any other mod. But please credit me :)

To install, unzip in your mod's event folder. If you already have a mod that touches any of the event files, or one that adds or removes heresies and religions, it is likely not compatible.
For VIET, use the VIET zip file.

Changes from the old version:
-Added the new Jewish religions, the new Zoroastrian heresies, and removed Bektashi as it is no longer in the game
-I no longer allow conversion from heresies to other heresies or to the parent religion as the mechanic has changed and the old way no longer makes sense

Attachments

• hernorandom2.zip
    29,8 KB · Views: 152
  • hernorandom2VIET.zip
    31 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions:

Future plans: Waldensian for Frankish, some finetuning of which Arab subculture takes Nestorian vs Monothiletism.
If you've any suggestions for other culture/heresy combinations let me know.

Edit: hehe, forgot I already had Waldensian in.

Last edited:
Lordy lord, this is a must-have addition to my mod. Credits to you, of course, for doing these mini-mods.

Thx. When I started playing CK2 seriously I wasn't planning on releasing any mod (DVIP was becoming too much to handle so in a way I'm happy others took over the CK2 modding), so I took several mods by others as a basis of my own personal one. Obviously I thus can't share my full mod, but by splitting out completed modules I can give something back to the community :)

Thx. When I started playing CK2 seriously I wasn't planning on releasing any mod (DVIP was becoming too much to handle so in a way I'm happy others took over the CK2 modding), so I took several mods by others as a basis of my own personal one. Obviously I thus can't share my full mod, but by splitting out completed modules I can give something back to the community :)

we clearly need a cK2 DVIP anyway^^

File updated, I had a single case where zikri provinces inadvertently could remain zikri (copy-paste error) and I had left in one of my own mod heresies, parsi. Both fixed.

Also included a minor change that now makes the Pope or Patriarch as unhappy with Zoroastrian etc. courtiers as he is with Muslims or Pagans, this should have been in vanilla IMO.

Lux Invicta could benefit from something like this (though given the shear number of religions and heresies in LI, I can understand if you would decline to adapt it yourself.)

@rich: Sorry for not replying earlier, overlooked it.
Yes I think a mod like (SE)LI(N) can really benefit from more structured heresies, but alas as I don't play with it I'm not at all familiar with the alt history setting. Finding out what culture should get which heresy would take me too much time.
If you have such a list ready per religion/heresies though (in the format culture old_germanic prefers arianism etc.), I'll see what I can do though. The actual rewriting the file takes me very little time with the routine I've found for doing so.

I think it would have to be <religion_group>: <culture> prefers <heresy>. Numahr's the most clued in about the religions, I'll see if he can find the time for this.

I would suggest two amendments for your next update: heretical (meaning non-Muslim) Persians ought to be quite keen to embrace Nestorianism, as historically its greatest popularity was in Central Asia and parts of Persia, areas which in CK II have Persian culture. Obviously they would be the primary (and possibly only) culture for possible Zoroastrian conversions, too.

Secondly, you should add Croatian culture for Bogomilist, as the old Bosnian church was Bogomilist/Gnostic, and in fact some Bosnian characters and provinces are already made Bogomilist in the history files.

Both will be added (Orth. Persians prefer Nestorianism, Orth Croats prefer Bogomilism).
I don't want to add things like catholic Croats prefer Bogomilism in this event as that would break current game mechanics, there's currently no way a character would convert to a heresy of a different parent_religion or to a religion in a different religion_group outside of the normal conversion process so I'll leave that to bigger mods.

//Edit: updated with above changes.

Last edited: