• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

siempie78

Da Warboss
54 Badges
Nov 8, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
flagofPoland_zpsb89bba59.png

POLAND/KOSCIALKOWSKIA

Koscialkowski_zpse782df3b.jpg

To arms! To Berlin! To wAAR!
Narrative Comedy AAR featuring Marian Zyndram-Koscialkowski and Eward Ryds-Smigly
Started on The Road to War.
Goal: Ruin the game for the Axis and the Comintern and try to preserve Polish independence if possible.
Failure is an option, but if Poland fails, it shall go out with a bang!

Right. I'll give a little introduction before starting this AAR.

This is my first AAR ever. After playing HOI3 with most of the interesting countries and reading lots of AARs, I decided the time had come for my own AAR. Now, be forewarned, this AAR is going to be pretty ridiculous:D, as I have always been an expansionist player who dislikes defense.
If this AAR gets a reasonable amount of views and if people like it, I will do some more AARs (maybe a little more serious?) with major countries. (Japan has always been a favourite of mine, and I'd like to try Italy.)
All right, let's get to it!

FOR POLAND AND KOSCIALKOWSKI!

P.S. My native language isn't English, so excuse grammar mistakes please.

Extras:

WaronGermany_zps6ae18940.jpg

(Courtesy of Jedadia959)

[video=youtube;odnKiqqH2rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odnKiqqH2rk&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

(Courtesy of Myself. You should only watch after reading the AAR, otherwise you will be confused...)​

Last edited:
prelude to war

Poland... A small nation which gained independence from the USSR after WWO1. In 1936 it faced two angry behemoths: Germany and the USSR. It was out of friends and desperately outnumbered.
Historically, Poland was quickly defeated by Germany and the USSR and then split between these nations. But what if Poland foresaw the German invasion? What if they decided that decisive action had to be undertaken to stop the Germans?
What if Poland was as expansionist as Germany? We shall find out now!

Let´s keep a track on this...

Poland... A small nation which gained independence from the USSR after WWO1.

This whole sentence is right only about one thing; the actual Polish independence. It looks rather silly (USSR was formed after the WWI and Poland isn´t small at all :p), consider revising it ;)

Let´s keep a track on this...

This whole sentence is right only about one thing; the actual Polish independence. It looks rather silly (USSR was formed after the WWI and Poland isn´t small at all :p), consider revising it ;)

Well, think about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Soviet_War
''At some points the war also threatened Poland's existence as an independent state.'' Maybe he was thinking about this one. I do know it reached it's independence from Imperial Russia, but you can't dismiss that thought as entirely wrong.

prelude to war

Poland... A small nation which gained independence from the USSR after WWO1. In 1936 it faced two angry behemoths: Germany and the USSR. It was out of friends and desperately outnumbered.
Historically, Poland was quickly defeated by Germany and the USSR and then split between these nations. But what if Poland foresaw the German invasion? What if they decided that decisive action had to be undertaken to stop the Germans?
What if Poland was as expansionist as Germany? We shall find out now!

Closer to 'defeated the USSR after WW1' :p And oddly enough, your AAR is not out of the realm of the possible. Piłsudski actually wanted to invade in 1935 to depose Hitler, but France and England refused to support any invasion, so he backed down.

Anyways, always love Poland AARs. I'll be watching :p

Closer to 'defeated the USSR after WW1' :p And oddly enough, your AAR is not out of the realm of the possible. Piłsudski actually wanted to invade in 1935 to depose Hitler, but France and England refused to support any invasion, so he backed down.

Anyways, always love Poland AARs. I'll be watching :p

Welcome, Ikarases, Hoovy and VonMudra.
(Ikarases and Hoovy were both right. I should've said Russian Empire, instead of USSR.)
Anyways, history isn't very important with this AAR, as you'll quickly notice when the first chapter arrives :)

CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Poland and its (slightly insane) president

It was a mediocre day in Warsawa. Grey clouds hung above the grey houses of the city, which ruined the mood of every civilian and soldier in the city. And, more importantly, it ruined president Marian Zyndram-Koscialkowski's already fragile mood.
Koscialkowski had had much to endure that that day. First of all, the fact that his political party was so immensely unpopular that he would most likely be removed as head of Government when the next elections arrived. Secondly, the Germanic acts of provocation had grown worse and worse, and thirdly, Koscialkowski had been constipating for a month.
While constipation is a very horrible thing that must not be underestimated, Koscialkowski was irritated the most by Germanic provocation. And thus, he summoned his faithful chief of the Army: Eward Ryds-Smigly.

Smigly: 'Ah, prime minister! Always a pleasure to talk to you!'

Koscialkowski: 'Spare me your praises! A month ago, I ordered you to produce a battle plan against Germany! Why have I not heard of you ever since!'

Smigly: 'Errr, Well, That's because... How do I put this... Our army can't fight the German army.'

Koscialkowski: 'What?'

Smigly: 'Allow me to elaborate.'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-05-44-37_zpsbb2bf655.jpg

Smigly: 'This report clearly shows our technology is outdated! Also, the German means of producing officers, ambassadors, spies and scientists outnumber ours with more than four! We do not have the technology nor the leadership to wage an effective offensive war against the Germans!'

Koscialkowski: 'What do I even pay you for! Surely the will of our people will get us through the war?!'

Smigly: 'Well, yeah, about that...'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-12-37-28_zps7d6a79af.jpg

Smigly: 'The people don't like us, sir. We aren't even a united country. To be honest, the will of the Germans is greater than ours.'

Koscialkowski: 'But surely we have better laws?'

Smigly: 'That's a no as well.'

Koscialkowski: 'Than we shall wage war upon the Germans and die in a blaze of victory!'

Smigly: 'Errrr... The people don't want it. Poland is to isolationalistic to wage any wars.'

Koscialkowski scowled at Smigly, pushed him aside and moved to the door.

Smigly: 'Sir... What are you going to do?'

Koscialkowski: 'I'm going to give a speech.'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-02-17-71_zpsdc656a90.jpg

Koscialkowski's speech magically erased all the troubles that the Polish people had with war. However, Smigly stated that there still were a few problems.

Smigly: 'Sir, our army is built up out of mostly reserve divisions and we don't have enough manpower to fully mobilize.'

Koscialkowski: 'Smigly, take a look at this map. What do you see?'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-12-52-51_zpsd13dd92e.jpg

Smigly: 'Errr... It's a small country in Africa called Liberia. It doesn't look like it could reach us, or even threaten us.'

Koscialkowski: 'Exactly. Smigly, be so kind as to declare war on them for me.'

Smigly: 'But...'

Koscialkowski: 'No buts. This will help me to drastically improve our laws, which will give us an edge on Germany. Now go!'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-12-43-80_zpsa637b565.jpg

A nervous Smigly returned to Koscialkowski office.

Smigly: 'It's done.'

Koscialkowski: 'Excellent. The necessary laws have been enacted, which should keep our manpower intact. Now, back to more important matters.'

Smigly: 'Yes?'

Koscialkowski: 'I'm talking about your impending execution. Your lack of making a battle plan has greatly vexed me.'

Smigly: 'But... We're a democracy... You can't do that!'

Koscialkowski: 'Technically, we're fascist. So yes, I can do that.'

Smigly: 'Wait! I did make a plan... But I thought it was to insane to try!'

Koscialkowski: 'I'm intrigued. Please, elaborate.'

The plan that was described by Smigly that that day saw him promoted to chief of staff, such was Koscialkowski's contentment with the plan. The enactment of the plan, codenamed: 'Operation German G-force', started immediately...

Oh dear... this reminds me of the Solvakia: Inevitable Defeat AAR with Tiso and Tuka. That one was hilarious!
Will you keep this absurdist style throughout the AAR? :D

Welcome, Gen. Marshall! I will be trying to keep this style the best I can. And given the content of this AAR, I don't think that should be too hard...

CHAPTER 2: Operation Lithuanian-Czech Line Crusher

DingvoorPolenAAR_zps3bcee75a.jpg

The mood in the parliament was as unpredictable as Koscialkowski's mood. It was a dark, sombre mood. The parliament railed against Koscialkowski's plan until the prime minister could face it no longer.

Koscialkowski: 'SILENCE! My plan is perfect and you know it!'

Parliament: 'It's a violation of human rights!'

Koscialkowski: 'Please, shut up! It's not like Poland is not a repressive government anyways! The plan shall be enacted!'

Parliament: 'Not if a single one of us still breathes!'

Koscialkowski: 'Okay. Smigly, if you'd please?'

Smigly and a group of soldiers burst in and seized the members of the parliament. They were forced out of the parliament under much protest.

Koscialkowski: 'Smigly, bring them outside and execute them!'

Smigly: 'But... Aren't we a democracy?'

Koscialkowski: 'Not on my watch! As long as I'm in charge, Poland is a paternal autocracy!'

A few minutes and gunshots later, Smigly and Koscialkowski stand in the war room, alongside the senior officers of Poland. Smigly did most of the explaining.

Smigly: 'Gentlemen, what are the problems of Poland?'

As one, the war room echoed:

'Germany!'
'Russia!'
'The Italian navy!'
'Lousy infrastructure!'
'Inferior troops!'
'Inferior technology!'
'Lack of about everything!'
'A virtually non-existant airforce!'
'An ancient navy!'
'The worst position in the world humanly possible!'

Smigly was taken aback by all these problems, so Koscialkowski jumped in to safe his protegé.

Koscialkowski: 'Gentlemen, gentlemen! These problems can be solved! And Smigly has made the solution! All we need is more industry, and we can solve our problems! All we need to do is execute all of the steps of the plan. Smigly has assured me that the plan is watertight!'

Waclaw Staciewicz, the chief of staff before Smigly, stepped forward.

Staciewicz: 'With all due respect, sir, Smigly is an idiot.'

Koscialkowski: 'Staciewicz, do you hold any important positions?'

Staciewicz: 'Not since you kicked me out of my office for Smigly.'

Koscialkowski: 'Good. Consider yourself executed.'

Staciewicz: 'But... Aren't we a democracy?'

Koscialkowski: 'Not until the next elections. Tatty-bye.'

A screaming Staciewicz was dragged outside and shot. Koscialkowski mentions Smigly to continue.

Smigly resumed his story.

Smigly: 'gentlemen, this is what we thought the war would look like for Poland before Koscialkowski... Asked me... To enact my plan for Poland.'

PolandHOI3_zps0f560694.png

Smigly: 'You should excuse the horrible painting of Poland in this map, we were out of leadership to recruit new painters. Anyways, this situation can obviously not be allowed to happen. For that reason, and for the reason that we Polish hate defence, we are going to enact operation: 'German G-Force.' It will give us the industry, manpower and terrain needed to destroy the Germans and create a Polish Reich under the supreme dictate of a heavenly ruler, minister Kosci...'

Koscialkowski began to cough heavily and Smigly stopped dead in his tracks.

Smigly: 'Anyways, we are enacting the first steps as we speak. Gentlemen, I present to you: Operation Lithuanian-Czech Line Crusher!'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-14-46-06_zpsbdb54166.jpg

hoi3game2012-12-1415-14-52-70_zpsb73843cc.jpg

On 0800, january the 26th of 1936, Poland declared war on Lithuania and Czechoslovakia. The reasons for this were:
A burning need for manpower.
A burning need for allies.
A burning need for Industrial Capacity
A burning need for terrain to maneuvre on.
This war was the first step in the Polish long term plan: 'German G-force.' German G-force featured a lot more operations with untasteful names, but 'Line Crusher' was the first.

Offensive operations against Czechoslovakia and Lithuania were undertaken at once. Poland achieved total suprise in Czechoslovakia as well as Lithuania, although it didn't really matter for the second nation: Lithuania was almost troopless anyways.'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-15-34-23_zps1f5557e8.jpg

hoi3game2012-12-1415-15-48-69_zpsb6269da0.jpg

Progress was made quickly, but this could not last: czechoslovakia responded quickly to the threat.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-22-06-88_zps7441de97.jpg

In the meantime, Lithuania was overrun, as Polish special forces seized important positions in the North, while cavalry divisions charged the Lithuanian capital and miraculously enough, took it.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-22-25-32_zpsd2744f88.jpg

Meanwhile, Polish momentum had run out: Praha had to be seized for the Czechs to surrender, but the Polish had to fight past fortifications to do this.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-26-22-33_zps9b2f74d6.jpg

Luckily enough, Poland had a lot of troops. (Something easily forgotten when comparing it to a major power like Germany)
A grinding war was starting.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-29-56-33_zpsa5374915.jpg

A nameless hill in Czechoslovakia. A piece of artillery hurtled trough the air, past the reckless head of prime minister Koscialkowski, exploding close to Chief of Staff and Army, Smigly.

Koscialkowski: 'Smigly, get up!'

Smigly hurried to Koscialkowski's side, ready to do his bidding or get executed.

Koscialkowski: 'Smigly, why is this war taking so long? We're getting off scheme here!'

Smigly: 'Err... I might have... Underestimated the force of the Czechs.'

Koscialkowski: 'Smigly...'

Smigly: 'A minor problem, sir! I'll just incorporate half of the next operation into this one!'

Koscialkowski sighed and nodded.

Operation: 'Latvian-Czech Lip-Crippler' was launched.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-34-27-12_zps33aff86a.jpg

'Latvian-Czech Lip-Crippler' ended as soon as it had begun.

Smigly: 'Well, that was unexpected. Looks like the operation will have to be extended. Again.'

Operation: 'Estonian-Czech Eskimo-Clipper.'

hoi3game2012-12-1415-36-29-79_zps4ee25727.jpg

In the meantime, Praha drew nearer and civil war launched in Spain.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-39-17-24_zps1e36316d.jpg

But, as Smigly stunningly put it: 'Everyone knows Franco's going to win. No, everyone's eyes are turned to us!'

The final attack on Praha was launched, Estonia was defeated, and...

hoi3game2012-12-1415-45-23-06_zps5a06ada1.jpg

hoi3game2012-12-1415-45-54-36_zpsf9630e43.jpg

A greater Poland with three new 'allies' was left.

Errr.. Err..... Errrrrrrrrrr....... Error errror error error.
Good job taking Czechslovakia . And it looks like Your prime minister is feared in the government. Everybody begin to Error! :)

Errr.. Err..... Errrrrrrrrrr....... Error errror error error.
Good job taking Czechslovakia . And it looks like Your prime minister is feared in the government. Everybody begin to Error! :)

Welcome to you as well, Belgiumruler! I can guarantee you that Koscialkowski's reign of terror shall grow stronger!

(Until then: Error.)

Welcome to you as well, Belgiumruler! I can guarantee you that Koscialkowski's reign of terror shall grow stronger!

(Until then: Error.)
invade austria, Germany will not get 500 MP From the anshluss.

Austria, Hungary, Romania and Yugoslavia would be good targets too. A fair amount of ressources and IC.

Will be following this ofcourse. Like the humour

CHAPTER 3: Operation Austrian-Anschluss (Just not how it's supposed to happen) and Hungarian-Hassle

DingvoorPolenAAR_zps6fdfc0bf.jpg

Smigly was nervous, as usual. A ranting king Carol of Romania had waltzed into his office this evening and had begun critizising the Polish plans for Chechoslovakia.

Carol: 'Marshall, this is ridiculous! Why would Poland attack a peaceful state like Czechoslovakia?'

Smigly: 'Well... It was either us who took it, or the germans.'

Carol: 'But that's the entire problem! You're ruining this stuff for the Germans!'

Smigly: 'Yeah, well, that's kind of the entire plan, you see.'

Carol: 'Wait, you're serious? What's next, preventing the Anschluss?'

Smigly: 'That's... Classified...'

Carol: 'You can't even justify all those attacks, you're a democracy for chrissake!'

Smigly: 'Well, technically we're a...'

Carol: 'Spare me the details. Why do you have armies on Austria's doorstep?'

Smigly: 'Errr... Those are armies of... Diplomats!'

Smigly scratched his neck.

Smigly: 'With a slight emphasis on... Armies.'

An excited Koscialkowski burst into the office and promptly hugged an awkward Smigly.

Koscialkowski: 'If it isn't my favorite Marshall! I knew not executing you was a good idea! 'Austrian-Anschluss' worked to perfection!'

Carol: 'Austrian-Anschluss?'

Koscialkowski: 'Yeah, we conquered Austria. Why?'

Carol's mouth drops open wide, and he grows red like a tomato. Luckily enough, Smigly manages to shoot him before he can attack Koscialkowski.

Koscialkowski: 'Looks like we just got our excuse to attack Rumania.'

Smigly: 'Err... We don't have a common border with them.'

Koscialkowski: 'Then we'll make one! Launch operation: 'Hungarian-Hassle', at once!'

WAR REPORT

On the 29th of may, 1936, Polish forces we're positioned along the Austrian border, ready to strike. This operation would finish the first phase of 'German G-force,' the phase in which the German event chain was disrupted.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-51-17-73_zps15037f51.jpg

Resistance was so non-existant that most of the first objectives were instantly captured. This picture describes Smigly's strategy to deliver the killing blow to Austrian morale, without falling into a war of attrition with the Austrians, that Polandcould not afford: it was out of manpower.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-54-11-03_zpsc31b94f1.jpg

Polish troops would keep the Austrians occupied, while the two northern corps launched a joint strike on Austrian positions north of Vienna. With those positions taken, the blue arrows show the next step: all-out assault of Vienna. These operations were a crushing success, completely breaking the Austrian morale.

This resulted in a rather weird-looking Poland.

hoi3game2012-12-1415-56-14-62_zpsafd52cef.jpg

Operation Hungarian hassle was next. This picture beautifully describes Smigly's masterplan:

hoi3game2012-12-1415-56-14-62_zps4abae40c.jpg

Unfortunately, Smigly's masterplan quickly degraded into an awful mess, as Hungarian resistance was stiffer than expected.

Koscialkowski: 'So, Smigly, what are we looking at, over here?'

Smigly: 'Sir, this is a map of Hungary. It shows the progress we have made over there.'

hoi3game2012-12-1416-01-07-05_zps096e85ab.jpg

Koscialkowski: 'Heavens, what a clusterf*ck.'

Smigly: 'Hard to argue, sir.'

Koscialkowski: 'And what are those troops in the south doing? They're in danger of being cut off!'

Smigly: 'All of our troops are in danger of being cut off, sir. These troops are trying to save the campaign.'

Koscialkowski: 'By?'

Smigly: 'By seizing the last important position the Hungarians have left.'

Koscialkowski: 'That's never going to work.'

hoi3game2012-12-1416-02-00-49_zps95811f9a.jpg

Koscialkowski: 'Okay, it worked, but that only because the Hungarians were really, really stupid. Now what?'

Smigly: 'We've installed a loyal regime in Hungary. Oh, and the Republicans have won the civil war.'

Koscialkowski: 'That makes no sense, but allright. Nothing can be done about that. For now, we should prepare for more war. And by the way, I've also done some thinking myself.

Smigly: 'Sir?'

Koscialkowski: 'Smigly, take a look at this report.'

hoi3game2012-12-1511-30-43-51_zps8b563d94.jpg

Koscialkowski: 'To honour you and myself, I have executed everyone whose name does not end with an i. This I have done to honour myself, for my name also ends with an i.'

Smigly: 'But how does this honour me?'

Koscialkowski: 'I didn't execute you for having a name that ends with an y. That's an honour in itself. Now go and enact more phases of 'German G-force.'