• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrxkhan

Going to Scarborough Fair
57 Badges
Jul 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
c11Jr7c.jpg

Not Vanilla, not Chocolate, not Strawberry - Just Enhanced Vanilla!
Officially Part of the Historical Immersion Project

Download VIET in the HIP thread!

VIET Immersion is currently unavailable as it is undergoing a revamp/devolution. We hope to get it ready as soon™ as we can!

VIET Music Packs

FAQ

Credits

Screenshots

*FEATURES OF VIET*

Key features of VIET include:

• Modules, compatches, and customization options (including in-game customization!) allow for a level of customization rarely seen in other mods!
  • Music modules! Over 100+ new songs to enhance your CKII audio experience! 100% compatible with ANY mod or combinations of mods - VIET is not required!
  • Tons of new flavor events that provide variety!
  • Tweaks to existing traits - traits actually matter now, and have a bigger effect on attributes, relationships, event choices, and more!
  • New cultures and portrait sets, including melting pot cultures, and improvements to existing portrait sets, including more Orthodox beards and more Irish/Scottish redheads!
  • Several new Republics, including several Muslim "Republics" in the Indian Ocean!
  • Culture/Religion specific mechanics! Byzantine dynasty shifting, West African Griots, and more!
  • EUIV Converter that not only converts your game, but adds new National Ideas, features for religions, and an improved tech allocation system!
  • And many more flavor and gameplay tweaks, changes and additions!

*WHAT IS VIET?*

VIET is a modular mod that focuses on adding flavor and roleplay options while still keeping things as close to vanilla as possible, in contrast with other large mods such as The Prince and the Thane or CKII+. VIET consists of four main modules: Core, Events, Traits, and Immersion. There are also the music and Defines mini-modules, as well as the Assets module (which is required for all versions).

Inspired by Project Balance’s minimalist philosophy, I try to keep things as close to vanilla as possible. In general, VIET tries not to change any part of vanilla or add anything new unless if it 1) adds flavor and fun; 2) can be implemented in a way that doesn’t upset balance and vanilla gameplay too much; 3) is historically plausible/believable. As a general rule of thumb, I try to add nothing more substantial than Legacy of Rome.

One of the most important features of VIET is its modular feature and the level of customization it offers. One of the shortcomings of modding in general, and a main reason why some players don’t like playing mods, is because they don’t agree with 100% of a mod’s changes. While my mod is by any means perfect, I hope VIET will allow you to play CKII the way you want to play it, and not be restricted to my vision (or the vision of any other modder). So choose what you want and what you don’t want. Don’t like how Orthodoxy can’t declare holy war on Muslims? Fire up a decision in-game to change that. Think my steppe portraits look atrocious? Install one of several alternatives or replace them with the vanilla looks. Don’t really like a lot of the new features, but like the new flavor events? Just play with VIET Events, then. While I can only offer so many customization options and modules, as this mod continues to develop, I will try to make as many as I can - if you want one, feel free to request it!

VIET is a constantly evolving mod - my original vision of VIET has changed greatly as this mod has grown - so concerns and suggestions of any sort are always welcome! Mods don’t exist in a vacuum - they’re nothing without users, so any feedback is most appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions:

*FAQ*

Please note that the VIET Wiki contains much more extensive information concerning VIET. There is also a link to it in the first post.

Does VIET require any DLC?
None that I’m aware of. Some features won’t be accessible without the proper DLC (i.e., you can’t play with the Turkish features if you don’t have Sword of Islam, obviously), but you can safely run VIET with base CKII.

Can you add X feature, culture, trait, event, etc. to VIET?
I welcome any and all suggestions. If your suggestion 1) adds flavor; 2) doesn’t mess around too much with core game mechanics; and 3) is historically plausible, then I might add it. Please don’t be offended if I turn down a suggestion - I can’t add everything, after all, and some things I don’t feel would work with VIET. Additionally, given that VIET is constantly expanding and that I do get quite a number of suggestions, I might even forget about your suggestion or delay it until the far, far future (especially for bigger things), so please feel free to remind me. If in doubt, just make the suggestion anyways - even if I don’t like it, it might spark an idea or two or I might implement something similar to it.

Why is this mod called VIET?
Because I’m Vietnamese, and because I couldn’t figure out a better non-Latin name for it, so I just decided on a lame acronym. (Why so many mods have Latin names, I do not know.)

Do you suggest any other mods?
As HIP is a part of the HIP collection of mods, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see what other HIP mods you like using - HIP is modular, meaning you can keep the mods you like and toss out the ones you don't. Experiment with what combination works best for you; we should have something for everyone.

Will you ever make a fully-compatible version with CKII+?
Short answer: no. For an explanation as to why not, see this post here.

What about a SWMH compatible version?
Originally I had planned to make a SWMH compatible version of Immersion sometime in December of 2013, but due to health problems this got delayed. I was planning again to begin work on it in early summer of 2014, but I was delayed once more, this time due to personal issues. I am currently in the process of revamping and devolving Immersion, and once that is complete a SWMH compatible version of Immersion should also be available.

Can I export VIET saves to EUIV?
If you are using only the Events and/or Traits modules, you should be able to convert VIET saves to EUIV without any issue using the vanilla converter. Otherwise, it is recommended you use the official HIP converter made by Ordep.

Can I use something in your mod for my mod?
Yes! Feel free to do so; credit would be appreciated. If you can, please tell me exactly what you wish to borrow from my mod - this is because 1) I can try to better help you with integrating if you have issues, and 2) just in case you’re borrowing something that I borrowed from something else, I can tell you who you should really be giving credit to.

Last edited:
Reactions:

*CREDITS*

VIET is currently being managed by a small team of dedicated modders:

Cybrxkhan - original concept, main modder
OrdepNM - EUIV converter and related EUIV material

Additionally, there are a few modders and VIET players who have contributed significantly to VIET - not just a few bug reports or some assistance here and there, but significant amounts of content for the mod itself. As such, though they are not officially part of VIET, I'd like to honor them as important contributors to the mod as well:

- Sleight of Hand - for random code all over the place (not to mention I wouldn't even be a CKII modder without him!)
- jordarkelf - for various mini-mods, and tweaks to history, flavor, titles, as well as bug hunting and fixing
- AnaxXiphos - for a lot of beautifully done artwork, including but not limited to trait, decision, and religion icons
- superskierpat - for many culture-unique title localizations, many featured in uses HKC mini-mod, as well as other code

However, a lot of material have been taken from other modders and community members. Below I've listed everyone who's contributed something to this mod in one way or another, directly or indirectly. The list continues to expand as VIET get more and more feedback and suggestions, and integrates parts of other mods and mini-mods. If you believe you haven’t been properly credited for something, don’t hesitate to (gently) remind me!

Thanks again to everyone who’s helped made this mod the success it is!

- Meneth for Project Balance, various things I borrowed from it (including particularly the melting pot), and for helping me learn how to implement the “less is more” philosophy (which I always struggled with in my pre-CKII modding)
- Sleight of Hand for implementation of the Berber, Bulgar, and Nubian cultures in his SoH mod, the Danish Invasion mod, various improved name lists, and other tweaks in general, as well as general assistance and cooperation in modding and improving historical accuracy/plausibility, and also for getting me into real modding in the first place by forcing me to do CPR
- jordarkelf for the various mini-mods integrated, too many to name here; feedback and suggestions; as well as general assistance in all aspects of modding and bug hunting
- richvh for feedback, help, and bug hunting
- childeR for Byzantine claim event
- AUTOMATIC for a better congenital trait icon template and the missing COAs mod
- DominusNovus, Gnostiko, and Hawkeye1489 for info on Byzantine titles
- StonetheCrow for teaching me how combining character graphics was possible in the first place, and Shaytana and CrackedToothGrin in turn for showing him the tricks
- Zaldax for the Sicilian name list and melting pot event from “An Offer You Can’t Refuse”, as well as several flavor events
- Bloodmerchant, Ataulf, Chlodio, duinnin, Frostschaden, PolskaGOLA, and the Umbra Spherae team for various name lists
- Trashed for the Memento Mori mod
- Teutonic Thrash and Birdboy for the Icelandic Commonwealth mod
- Werewhale for stuff taken from the "Dorrit Moussaief's Iceland is the Most Biggest Country in the World" Mod
- GeorgAfLöfbacka for the Mediterranean Ladies Beautified mod
- Greek Strategos for constant feedback and suggestions, as well as for gifting me the Norse portrait set - thanks!
- theStormWeaver for gifting me TOG - thanks, saved me quite a bit there!
- superskierpat for several title localizations from the "High Kings, Consuls, and other Crazy Things" mod
- Polskers for feedback, bughunting, and Saxon names
- chatnoir17 for the Koppen Climate Classification mod
- chemical_art for bughunting and feedback
- Riknap for the Republic Trade Events income-scaled and attribute-weighted mini-mod
- EmperorTojo for coding assistance particularly in regards to the Norse-Gaels
- Pesco77 for the Finno-Ugric mod series
- Skefrep for the Age Customizer mini-mod
- JGCrusader and ZachPruckowski for Additional Objectives 2.0
- Jorlem for the Decadence Breakup mini-mod
- Avee for the Family Relations mini-mod
- Frostschaden for the "Judaism - The Diaspora, the Exilarchs and the Khazars" mod
- mclemente for the Latinokratia mod
- Peuri for the Cuman portrait set from the Little Portrait mini-mod
- Maestro Ugo and Thure for the Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish mod
- AnaxXiphos for various new artwork including the Alternate Portraits for Mongol Children mini-mod and assistance with the Jewish building code
- Syren for Syren's Nickname mod
- Thure for various namelists and the Hamburg Republic mini-mod
- Crackedtoothgrin for portrait art
- Lux Invicta team and Shaytana for portrait art
- ahhheygao for the Retouched Mongolian Eyes mini-mod
- SBolshevik for various mini-mods and other assistance and suggestions
- kleiner for bug hunting
- hooni for the pledge mod
- The_Chancellor for the council shuffling mini-mod
- Gnostiko, Aeon221, Fairleystuff, Crak'd, Bertouch, User29, sainturl for feedback and suggestions
- Wikipedia for the loads of information (whether reliable or not)
- Richvh, fawr, Meneth, StonetheCrow, korbah, and the countless others who answered all my random and silly modding questions
- Everyone else for their feedback and suggestions as well as support for this mod and my other mods - thanks!

Also, credits go to these artists I took artwork from:

Anthony Wolff - http://www.waart.net/artwork/artwork_digital.html
Glazyrin - http://glazyrin.deviantart.com/
Crackedtoothgrin - http://crackdtoothgrin.deviantart.com/

Other mods and mini-mods integrated currently or formerly, fully or partially into VIET, or that have elements and/or ideas borrowed from:

Last edited:
Reactions:

*SCREENSHOTS*

This section contains pretty screenshots for your amusement. Please note that some of these screenshots were from earlier versions of the mod, and thus may not entirely reflect how the mod currently is. To see more screenshots (generally the ones I’ve used throughout this thread and elsewhere), click here.

New flavor events - over a few hundred, in fact! (There is a customization option to turn off the TES references if you don't like them.)

Plenty of new ambitions: strive to become a truth-speaking Zoroastrian, find a lover, have a grandchild, and many more! A lot were taken from the excellent Additional Objectives mod, which still to this day is one of my favorite smaller mods.

New mechanics, particularly for certain cultures or religions. The Turks, for instance, have gotten some new flavor and features, some of which allow them to attempt a conquest of Constantinople and the creation of a Third Roman Empire, the Turkish Empire. Shiites, meanwhile, can choose between the Twelver, Sevener/Ismaili, and Fiver/Zaydi schools of theology, that are somewhat similar to the Sunni Mutzali-Ash'ari split.

New decisions and associated event chains. For instance, survey your realm and see how things are going; or, try to actively find a lover, instead of passively waiting for him/her to come to you.

New cultures and religions make the world a lot more vibrant. Many new cultures have been added to the map, ranging from the Nubians to the Picts, and many melting pot cultures could arise, like the Sicilians or the Crimean Tatars. Religions like Manichean and Yazidi are no longer heresies, and new religions like Buddhism have been added. Below, the first screenshot shows Indian Hindus, who can spawn in Muslim "republics" like Yemen or Hormuz; the second is of the Sinicized, devoutly Buddhist Khitan - their ruler is about to go on a spiritual retreat.

Changes to reflect history better. In the first screenshot: William the Conqueror and Matilda historically were extremely close, and they are now lovers in-game. In the second: de jure changes to the ERE's kingdoms.

Customization options allow you to change the game to your liking. (Upper left hand corner)

Sad that TOG virtually ignored non-Norse Pagans? Pagans now have flavor and new mechanics. Rule with the authority of your Griots as a West African, or hunt bears as a Finnish Pagan. (Note that new pagan features are still being added)

Expanded Africa - several new African provinces have been added, along with them new cultures, titles, playable characters, and even a religion, East African Paganism (Note that screenshots are slightly out of date)

Last edited:
Reactions:
+1

I imagine I'll be playing this quite a lot.
Edit: Will this mod edit any history to deviate from vanilla? If so, I can help you solve Paradox's messup with the kings of Sweden.

If sometimes, during the start of the game, a blank event appears that does nothing but prevent the game from continuing on, is it a glitch due to the mod? My checksum is normal without the mod.

Event suggestion: something to replace Waylit's Dungeons and Sieges, but using the (new in 1.08) on_siege_over to limit it to people presumed to be in the siege holding, rather in the siege defense leader's demesne.

Well done cybr. Good job with this..Surely a must have with P.B ...
Thanks for all your hard work...

Just one issue for me...with this:
-Halved the time for a ruler to assimilate into a local culture.
We are like to see strange results like Bulgarian Komnenos or Irish-Welsh De Normandie family members...right???

Should this become fully compatible with PB it would be a must have!

It is designed for P.B mostly, so it's fully compatible mate...

Last edited:
cybrxkhan, you put far too much effort into these mods, and especially your changelogs. You'd be better following my lead and just letting people guess what's in your mod(s) and then neglect to list newer changes. Many will agree with me that this is almost certainly the future of modding; your orthodox and professional approach is outmoded, and will go the way of the dinosaurs. :laugh:

Nah, I jest of course. This looks really good and I will try it out as soon as I get time. Can't wait for those Russian sprites by the way, and I'm interested to see what you'll do with them. Have you seen the screenshot of the new unit sprites? They look really good. :)

cybrxkhan, you put far too much effort into these mods, and especially your changelogs. You'd be better following my lead and just letting people guess what's in your mod(s) and then neglect to list newer changes. Many will agree with me that this is almost certainly the future of modding; your orthodox and professional approach is outmoded, and will go the way of the dinosaurs. :laugh:

Nah, I jest of course. This looks really good and I will try it out as soon as I get time. Can't wait for those Russian sprites by the way, and I'm interested to see what you'll do with them. Have you seen the screenshot of the new unit sprites? They look really good. :)

Good one as always buddy...;)
(I messaged you some time ago for some bugs have you checked them)???

I see you decided to pick up the gauntlet, cybrxkhan, and do a mod focusing on traits and events. Good for you. We definitely need something well-designed along these lines, given the mods that has fallen by the wayside in recent months.

Quick question: will you be adding ambitions, as well?

One thought: in a screenshot above, you refer to "a haunting, ancient Hebrew song." I think you might have meant Sephardic. Hebrew went out of fashion as a language (and it didn't apply at that time as a specific culture, either) much earlier, and vanished. It was recreated in the 20th century. The word "Sephardic" places the song as part of the Spanish-Arabic diaspora of Jews, who did have a distinct musical and cultural tradition. Some of their music form the 14th, 15th and 16h century survive, and are included in "early music" recitals and recordings.

If you need assistance off-the-forums in coming up with historically reasonable events, I'm willing to assist, though I suspect you already know a lot, and have a great deal of help in this department.

In any case, I'll definitely be downloading and following the mod's development. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Thanks all for the kind comments! In fact, I got more comments than I expected, and I just woke up.

Compatible with map mods like SWMH?

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

The Core and Traits module (as well as the Events module, which isn't done yet) should be fully compatible.

The VIET Immersion module might not be compatible since it makes changes to the provinces' history - however if SWMH doesn't remove any vanilla provinces it *might* be compatible (you just might see odd things like some new provinces SWMH adds not having the same culture or religion as neighboring, vanilla provinces). I'm also not exactly familiar with SWMH's changes, so I'm not sure - you can try if you want.

+1

I imagine I'll be playing this quite a lot.
Edit: Will this mod edit any history to deviate from vanilla? If so, I can help you solve Paradox's messup with the kings of Sweden.

I've taken a somewhat conservative approach to editing history files. Basically, I'll only edit something in the history files if 1) it's something of personal interest; 2) it concerns a high-ranking figure (so Kings, Emperors, their spouses and possibly close family count, but not some random count in the middle of nowhere); 3) if it's been reported in the bug forum, PI has either chosen not to implement the change, or it can be assumed so.

Basically like Meneth has said on his thread, changing history between patches is really annoying, so I only want to change a few important things, and I really don't want to add changes that PI is going to do, anyways. However, it seems like PI won't be fixing the Kings of Sweden anytime soon, right? If so, are there threads in the bug forum about the Swedish Kings?

Any other suggestions for history files would be appreciated.

If sometimes, during the start of the game, a blank event appears that does nothing but prevent the game from continuing on, is it a glitch due to the mod? My checksum is normal without the mod.

Actually I think I might know the cause of this (I think I made some mistake while making the final corrections to the mod yesterday). If you don't mind, can you provide an error log? (That can be found in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/logs in case you don't know) Again, I think I know what might be causing the problem, but I want to make sure there isn't another problem.

Event suggestion: something to replace Waylit's Dungeons and Sieges, but using the (new in 1.08) on_siege_over to limit it to people presumed to be in the siege holding, rather in the siege defense leader's demesne.

You mean this? Hmm, that's a good idea. I do intend to have events for battles, but I never thought about sieges. Although the way implemented in Waylit's mod is currently difficult given my skill level in coding, but hopefully later on it I can figure out something. I'll go ahead and put that on my to-do- list.

Well done cybr. Good job with this..Surely a must have with P.B ...
Thanks for all your hard work...

Just one issue for me...with this:
-Halved the time for a ruler to assimilate into a local culture.
We are like to see strange results like Bulgarian Komnenos or Irish-Welsh De Normandie family members...right???

It is designed for P.B mostly, so it's fully compatible mate...

Not fully compatible - the Immersion module is currently incompatible. The other modules *should* be fine. But my first thing after putting up some patches to fix some bug oversights is to have a fully PB-compatible version.

As for the culture assimilation, I did that to reduce the number of cultures dying out, such as the Germans in Italy. From the several test games I've run, anyhow, it doesn't really effect the cultural make-up of rulers that badly, but it does slightly increase the chances of cultures surviving.

Heh, I'm an old-school modder. I modded Civ4 for quite a many years now, so I've got some experience with modding under my belt. Seen many generations of Civ4 modders pass by, and sometimes I look to Vahalla, waiting until the day I can join the long-gone, previous generations of Civ4 modders who left long ago, they who taught me so much.

I see you decided to pick up the gauntlet, cybrxkhan, and do a mod focusing on traits and events. Good for you. We definitely need something well-designed along these lines, given the mods that has fallen by the wayside in recent months.

Quick question: will you be adding ambitions, as well?

One thought: in a screenshot above, you refer to "a haunting, ancient Hebrew song." I think you might have meant Sephardic. Hebrew went out of fashion as a language (and it didn't apply at that time as a specific culture, either) much earlier, and vanished. It was recreated in the 20th century. The word "Sephardic" places the song as part of the Spanish-Arabic diaspora of Jews, who did have a distinct musical and cultural tradition. Some of their music form the 14th, 15th and 16h century survive, and are included in "early music" recitals and recordings.

If you need assistance off-the-forums in coming up with historically reasonable events, I'm willing to assist, though I suspect you already know a lot, and have a great deal of help in this department.

In any case, I'll definitely be downloading and following the mod's development. Good luck. :)

Actually, I already have added 3 ambitions (there's even a screenshot of one!) ;) - gain a virtue (for characters who don' have one of the 7 virtue traits), find a hobby (for those who don't have a lifestyle trait), and live to old age (for those above 30 who aren't 60 or don't have the old age modifier). However I plan to add some flavor events for these, and add other ambitions later on.

As for the Hebrew song, I used that because the event can fire with a Jewish courtier from any Jewish cultural group (so Sephardic, Mizrahi, Romaniote, and later Ashkenazi and Falashim), so I wanted a generic term. Perhaps "Jewish song" would be better than "Hebrew song"? Also, the reason I put that event in is because I really like Sephardic music, actually. :)

Anyhow if you(or anybody else) has eideas for historial events, that'll be great. Currently I have literally hundreds of events planned out (when I have nothing to do in class) covering different aspects of the game, be it for underage rulers, feasts and hunting, or just simple trait events with one or two choices, and while this may be a bit ambitious, I intend to have so many events that vanilla events won't even show up anymore!

I've taken a somewhat conservative approach to editing history files. Basically, I'll only edit something in the history files if 1) it's something of personal interest; 2) it concerns a high-ranking figure (so Kings, Emperors, their spouses and possibly close family count, but not some random count in the middle of nowhere); 3) if it's been reported in the bug forum, PI has either chosen not to implement the change, or it can be assumed so.

Basically like Meneth has said on his thread, changing history between patches is really annoying, so I only want to change a few important things, and I really don't want to add changes that PI is going to do, anyways. However, it seems like PI won't be fixing the Kings of Sweden anytime soon, right? If so, are there threads in the bug forum about the Swedish Kings?

Any other suggestions for history files would be appreciated.

I've not seen threads in the Bug Forum about the Swedish kings, and Paradox intentionally put the kings as they are now to stabilise Sweden. I'm willing to give you a sum-up of Swedish royal history in the 11th century if you want.

I've not seen threads in the Bug Forum about the Swedish kings, and Paradox intentionally put the kings as they are now to stabilise Sweden. I'm willing to give you a sum-up of Swedish royal history in the 11th century if you want.

If PI isn't going to fix it, then I'll try. :)

Feel free to post your suggested changes here in the thread if you want.

Anyhow, I'll probably post a quick patch later today to fix a couple of errors I just found that escaped me yesterday. If anybody who has tried the mod yet finds other problems, please feel free to report them. Even though I have run a good number of test games, most of them were on observe mode, so I might have missed some things.

The essential problem is that they've not added any of the Danish or Norwegian kings as having been rulers of Sweden, which many were. I agree it's probably to strengthen Sweden, as (presumably) was the somewhat overoptimistic spread of Catholicism in 1066, which I have addressed in the bug forum. I doubt it'll be changed, though.

The essential problem is that they've not added any of the Danish or Norwegian kings as having been rulers of Sweden, which many were. I agree it's probably to strengthen Sweden, as (presumably) was the somewhat overoptimistic spread of Catholicism in 1066, which I have addressed in the bug forum. I doubt it'll be changed, though.

Interesting. That might complicate matters if there's too many Danes and Norweigians with claims on Sweden - for balance reasons, obviously, I don't want a super-Scandinavia forming in northern Europe (I already have seen an uber-Scotland form in one of my test games, ruling over England, France, and all of Scandinavia including Finland; as well as an uber-Norway in another game encroaching on Rus), so I might not fix the history files. However, darkgamma and SoH (and others), if you have any suggestions for traits, lovers, missing family members, and so forth, I can easily implement such changes.

Very interesting.
A suggestion: try to incorporate SWMH map. Makes the game much better.
I especially love the division of Italian cultures.

EDIT: ok...why are there two unlocalised, decision-less events appearing as soon as I start?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.