+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mods

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Question Mods

Since I cannot access the mod forum, I want to know what kind of mods are in the game so it could encourage me to get the game.

You got your overhaul mods, your total conversion mods, a couple-a invasion mods, some graphical goodies, and the age old favorite of flavor events.
    Stuck in the Middle (Ages) - Croatia - A Crusader Kings II AAR in Croatia, clearly (8-1-12 ~ 10-17-12 Hiatus Dead)

Main conspirator since 3761BC OrdepNM's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Several actually. A few heavyweights (on my book) are CK2+ a major overhaul to the base game that adds way too much stuff for me to go on about in here, but the recent factions overhaul is simply amazing. Then theres the amazing Game Of Thrones mod which many members of the press pointed to as an exemple of a Game Of Thrones game done right, plus theres Lux Invicta and the Prince And The Thane which, despite having a big following, I havent tried, so other will probably tell you what theyre about. Finally the Elder Scrolls mod is still in production but its looking very very promising.

Mods or no mods, I'd say get the game if you like grand strategy

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Just play vanilla and become immersed in a great game.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Going to Scarborough Fair cybrxkhan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Just play vanilla and become immersed in a great game.
    Yup. It's really hard to appreciate any of the mods if you don't know what vanilla is like first. Once you get the hang of vanilla, then you figure out what sort of mods you want.

Anyhow, the big mods are, in case you're wondering:

- CKII+ : many new features and mechanics
    - Prince and Thane: emphasis on roleplay and favor
    - Project Balance: focus is on balancing the game rather than adding too many new features (my personal preference)
    - Lux Invicta: a well-made alternate history mod with new mechanics and flavor
    - A Game of Thrones: you probably know about this one already

There's also plenty of other large-size and small-size mods, and plenty of things to try out.
    My CKII Mods:
    Vanilla Immersion, Events, and Traits (VIET) - A modular roleplaying, flavor, and tweak mod! Part of the Historical Immersion Project (HIP) consisting of PB, SWMH, ARKO, and NBRT+
    Cultures and Portraits Revamp (CPR) New portrait sets and other portrait enhacements - no more Arab portraits everywhere! Now a part of HIP.
    VIET Music - Hundreds of songs to enhance immersion, ranging from authentic medieval music to traditional Persian music and West African ballads!
    Old Age - old characters are weaker and less capable: no more 80 year old kings running around like they were 20!
    Jews Everywhere (JEW) - New Jewish cultures and courtiers, ranging from the Mizrahi to Chinese Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartheal View Post
    You got your overhaul mods, your total conversion mods, a couple-a invasion mods, some graphical goodies, and the age old favorite of flavor events.
    Also a few music mods. I'm working on one at the current time, trying to bring more real period music into the game. Should be ready to debut in a couple of weeks. There are others in the meantime, all worth checking out.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Any mods that make the game expand the map to the Americas or Asia?

Going to Scarborough Fair cybrxkhan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by DREWGA7 View Post
    Any mods that make the game expand the map to the Americas or Asia?
    There's Umbra Spherae, which is in development but (if I remember correctly) a (rather unbalanced) beta version is available - the mod basically extends the map to include almost all of Asia and Africa, along with new characters, dynasties, provinces, landed titles, and so forth.

Currently there's no mod that expands the map into the Americas, but there is one in development that takes place in America (separately from Europe); there's also one mod that changes the map from Europe to the Americas (so all the landed titles, characters, and dynasties are the same as in vanilla CKII, but the map is different).
    My CKII Mods:
    Vanilla Immersion, Events, and Traits (VIET) - A modular roleplaying, flavor, and tweak mod! Part of the Historical Immersion Project (HIP) consisting of PB, SWMH, ARKO, and NBRT+
    Cultures and Portraits Revamp (CPR) New portrait sets and other portrait enhacements - no more Arab portraits everywhere! Now a part of HIP.
    VIET Music - Hundreds of songs to enhance immersion, ranging from authentic medieval music to traditional Persian music and West African ballads!
    Old Age - old characters are weaker and less capable: no more 80 year old kings running around like they were 20!
    Jews Everywhere (JEW) - New Jewish cultures and courtiers, ranging from the Mizrahi to Chinese Jews.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

There's quite a few good mods out there. Get used to vanilla first, then check out the master mod list (stickied to the mod forum) and see what takes your fancy.
    Europa Universalis IV Master Mod List

Some of my mods:
    Conquest of Australia - CoP mechanics applied to Australia and New Zealand
    Pindorama - South American Colonial Flavour

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by cybrxkhan View Post
    Yup. It's really hard to appreciate any of the mods if you don't know what vanilla is like first. Once you get the hang of vanilla, then you figure out what sort of mods you want.

Anyhow, the big mods are, in case you're wondering:

- CKII+ : many new features and mechanics
    - Prince and Thane: emphasis on roleplay and favor
    - Project Balance: focus is on balancing the game rather than adding too many new features (my personal preference)
    - Lux Invicta: a well-made alternate history mod with new mechanics and flavor
    - A Game of Thrones: you probably know about this one already

There's also plenty of other large-size and small-size mods, and plenty of things to try out.
    as a newb i have to agree. get used to the vanilla game first. it is awesome, and you won't need a mod for awhile.
    i'm still trying to figure out what parts of the game i don't like that can be made better by a mod and which parts of the game i don't like cuz i suck at them.
    just the other day i was looking around the mod forum for something that reworked the factions. then i read a bunch odf regular threads, and realises i didn't know what i was doing. i'm a little better now and have a little better understanding of what that part of the game is about.
    i'm now having a problem with creating titles and stuff
    and as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention

to alchohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems- Homer J Simpson

secrecy begs tyranny- jubal harshaw

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Also if you are a history geek like myself, you might enjoy the improved map of the Somewhat more historical map mod.

+ Reply to Thread