• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I myself have bought the iron cross expansion at a time when DH was not on distribution yet, as I played DDARMA to some other sphere before.
Iron Cross isn't a bad game at all, but in most aspects of gameplay, you'll have a MUCH better experience playing DH without IC. As I read from your avatar, you haven't bought DH yet. In this case, just try DH, it isn't that expensive, and soon you'll see the greatest benefit of DH: The HoI II engine without lag. That's perhaps still at patch 1.03 the greatest thing one could ever do for us: Make HoI 2 a non (at least at most) lagging game!

I have tried [IC over DH] thus, and can report: It's better than [IC over DDARMA]. It has (only personal opionion) some lagging advantages over [IC over DDARMA]. But it hasn't got (as far as I noticed) the substantial content of the decision making interface, and that's a thing I don't want to miss anymore, just after playing the first match of DH.

Conclusion: Both games have their "right to exist", but in my opinion, DH without "addon" is the better alternative. If you want the "500000000000" flavour events of IC though, make a copy of DH and install it over it, as the IC installer is ready to copy over an installation, in spite of having another version installed. The IC installer is in complete very reliable and easy to use, making it easy to install and test both versions (many thanks for that)

I myself have bought the iron cross expansion at a time when DH was not on distribution yet, as I played DDARMA to some other sphere before.
Iron Cross isn't a bad game at all, but in most aspects of gameplay, you'll have a MUCH better experience playing DH without IC. As I read from your avatar, you haven't bought DH yet. In this case, just try DH, it isn't that expensive, and soon you'll see the greatest benefit of DH: The HoI II engine without lag. That's perhaps still at patch 1.03 the greatest thing one could ever do for us: Make HoI 2 a non (at least at most) lagging game!

I have tried [IC over DH] thus, and can report: It's better than [IC over DDARMA]. It has (only personal opionion) some lagging advantages over [IC over DDARMA]. But it hasn't got (as far as I noticed) the substantial content of the decision making interface, and that's a thing I don't want to miss anymore, just after playing the first match of DH.

Conclusion: Both games have their "right to exist", but in my opinion, DH without "addon" is the better alternative. If you want the "500000000000" flavour events of IC though, make a copy of DH and install it over it, as the IC installer is ready to copy over an installation, in spite of having another version installed. The IC installer is in complete very reliable and easy to use, making it easy to install and test both versions (many thanks for that)

Is it possible to port all those events directly to DH full?

the only thing I want too see in DH is the Iron Cross HQ system.

Iron Cross HQ system only works in the Arma version of IC not the DH or AoD

Im using DH with the Iron Cross map for the mod Im developing (Harry Turtledove's Settling Accounts, if anyone is interested) so for that alone the IC map I think is a big help.

With the map so much bigger Im actually thinking of breaking down the divisions to regiment level, ie making the basic unit 3000-man rather than 10. Might have some lag issues late game Id imagine tho.

Im using DH with the Iron Cross map for the mod Im developing (Harry Turtledove's Settling Accounts, if anyone is interested) so for that alone the IC map I think is a big help.

With the map so much bigger Im actually thinking of breaking down the divisions to regiment level, ie making the basic unit 3000-man rather than 10. Might have some lag issues late game Id imagine tho.

Damn i was hoping you'd use the E3 map :(

yes very intrested
do you like IC on dh?

As much as i like IC, i have to say no.

Irshappa ID has only ported IC to DH and not taken advantage of the extra features of DH, which is understandable.

My dream would be IC/Mod 34 going back open sources, with E3 map and fully utilizing all the features of DH, with the IC tech tree fully developed. Then 3 coats of balance and polish being applied.

Honestly, Iron cross doesn't feel like it's worth its money, at all.
Damn i was hoping you'd use the E3 map :(
This too.
With E3 map being almost finished IC is about to lose one of the few strong sides - the amount of provinces.
And it's actually much better than IC map, which is quite honestly an ugly mess. I really don't understand what logic they used to redistribute provinces sometimes.
I don't see why would anyone use IC map for modding or anything at this point.

The only other good part about IC is the amount of events, although significant part of those are pointless - such as "Diplomatic mission to Countryname", something that can be easily done through diplomacy menu without special events.

Tech tree doesn't really make much sense.