• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(611800)

Recruit
1 Badges
Dec 8, 2012
  • Starvoid
So I was super excited getting this game finally... and what I saw?

A Multiplayer game that is COMPLETELY empty, only four servers, which only one with a decent ping, and no one who play. No Single Player, no bots, no humans, nor aliens. NOBODY.

I just want to know why are you letting this, why a good company such Paradox is letting this game fall completely alone, on his faith. I can't believe guys, seriously, you are asking for 10€ for that damn game that isn't a game at all (You cannot play a game that is intended for at least YOU and """Another Thing""") ! And it was realeased nearly 4 months ago! I'm bewildered...

Seriously drop a line, stop selling it, or try to make it f2p, just do something, I cannot believe you are letting this semi-steal of money right now. I just saw around that the game was dead from at least 2 months... what you are waiting for?

Please don't disappoint me more...

We are discussing how this game will work in the future. We apologize for any negative experiences.

Yeah, i'm kind of bummed out that this game has basically fallen into oblivion like so many other smaller games have. I had a lot of fun with it the first couple of weeks after release - but even then there were hardly any players. I want to say two or three full servers is the most I ever saw.

It's not a terrible game it just wasn't enough to hold people's attention. You leveled up, got some unlocks.. and then got bored. Usually MOBA games like this have a lot of different options that don't begin to unlock until you play the game for a while or purchase them (LoL for example, you get a handful of new characters a week and they're all very different) This on the other hand you only have a couple choices as to what to play as a hero, and then just weapons and a handful of units that are only a little bit different.

Back when it came out I tried getting some friends into it but it had mostly cleared out by then and frankly the ones who did play only played a couple games one night and weren't interested enough to keep going. If this game went completely free to play it could invigorate the online play enough to attract interest... but it's still going to have a problem with player retention.

If I look at a somewhat similar and equally niche game like Shattered Galaxy, that game kept interesting because of the gameplay and time investment that really stood out - if you played it a lot your units got significantly better and you can upgrade them to higher tiers of the same units or evolve them into entirely new units. Something like that would have worked wonders for a game like this... but this still lacks a good communication system or any real incentive to have guilds. SG had a war map for the player factions to battle over, and guilds would work together to make their faction win on the war map. Each day the players in each faction were given an amount of premium currency based on how much they fought and how well their faction was doing.

Balance was maintained because although the upgraded units were generally more powerful everything had counters and no one unit was the best of 'everything', everything had its role. If you had a ton of armor and health you probably didn't do much damage or you moved so slow that only the slowest units couldn't outrun you. If you had a lot of attack power you might even be fast, but you'd be extremely weak and easy to take out with ranged, artillery or land mines.

I suppose bottom line, I think this game just needs a lot more depth. I think the core gameplay is pretty good, but it needs something more. For staying power adopting a system where your smaller troops are purchased and gain experience and can be upgraded to either the same unit with better stats (with slightly different color schemes etc) or can evolve into more powerful units (For one example: simple combat tank units could 'evolve' or upgrade into either artillery for an offensive focus, a super heavy tank for high defense stats, or something medium like a cavalry tank to have more of a balanced unit etc.) A max level base unit should be more powerful than the level 1 evolved unit, but the max level evolved unit would be better overall after all the time investment.

When a player is given at least a few choices to work towards that will give them an obvious advantage once they get there, they are going to want to get that upgrade... and once they have that unit, they are going to want to level up another set of the basic unit to get the other possible upgrade. That's when a player is hooked. When they want to invest time into a game, they are far more willing to invest with their wallet.

Want to monetize it? Create premium upgrade paths. Subscriptions that give bonus earned income or experience like World of Tanks would probably be a great idea. Making it so certain units can only be obtained if you refer friends to create a new account and purchase a subscription or a certain amount of in game currency create an incentive to bring in new players. Skins can also be a great source of revenue if the users enjoy the game enough to want them.

Sigh I always think about stuff like this.. But maybe it will help in the discussion of possibilities for this game. I doubt it will end up anything like I describe... but as a gamer i'd rather see this game get some new life than literally disappear so suddenly.

Last edited:
Jeslijar, I really like all that you have written here. I think you have a lot of good ideas that make sense and could help this game.
I also would like to see this game get moving again. It is a lot of fun to play but it needs a jump start and you mentioned good ways to do that.

Want to play? Friend me on steam!

If guys are down for playing, please FRIEND ME ON STEAM. :) I'm about to buy a coupla keys for friends so we can 2v2, and it'd be baller if more guys joined. Find me on steam @ Millardthemk

This goes for standard players, devs, whatnot, anyone who might be open to a game if scheduled!