+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Correct government type penalty for Republics

  1. #1
    Euro-centric Diplomat Negru Voda's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bucharest, RO
    Posts
    636

    Question Correct government type penalty for Republics

    [I assume we'll get clarifications in the Dev Diaries, but for now what do you guys think?]

    When playing a landed noble and you'd have a Lord Mayor or Republic as a vassal, you also had to deal with the Incorrect Government Type relations penalty.
    I assume the reverse case will also hold? ei: I am a (Serene) Republic and I got noble vassals, with the Incorrect Government Type penalty.
    Also, will the bishops get such a penalty or (probably) not?
    ~My old signature took up too much space, so I made this one.

    ~P.S: You're wonderful.

  2. #2
    Bishops probably won't. But it would only make sense if feudal vassals are predisposed towards recalcitrance. You've got a castle and your own army of men at arms. Bending knee to a king is one thing, being sworn to a glorified moneylender is another. Republics should be careful of having too many or too powerful feudal vassals. I think the wrong government penalty should even be more severe than the current one.

  3. #3
    Unrepentant Liberal Democrat Ols's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lancaster University, England
    Posts
    4,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Bishops probably won't. But it would only make sense if feudal vassals are predisposed towards recalcitrance. You've got a castle and your own army of men at arms. Bending knee to a king is one thing, being sworn to a glorified moneylender is another. Republics should be careful of having too many or too powerful feudal vassals. I think the wrong government penalty should even be more severe than the current one.
    Perhaps more severe for Duchies under Serene Republics. If I was the Count of some place I don't think I'd be able to claim much legitimacy in going against the great Republic that has its seat on the wealthier coastline. Dukes would have more right to stop a Kingdom level Republic from dominating and instead confine them to the coastline where they belong.

  4. #4
    Captain Andaries's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southren U.S.A
    Posts
    333
    You can see the incorrect government penalty for republics right now if they have none republic vassals.

  5. #5
    Euro-centric Diplomat Negru Voda's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bucharest, RO
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Ols View Post
    Perhaps more severe for Duchies under Serene Republics. If I was the Count of some place I don't think I'd be able to claim much legitimacy in going against the great Republic that has its seat on the wealthier coastline. Dukes would have more right to stop a Kingdom level Republic from dominating and instead confine them to the coastline where they belong.
    Or maybe single province coastal counts on coasts should be obedient?


    Quote Originally Posted by Andaries View Post
    You can see the incorrect government penalty for republics right now if they have none republic vassals.
    Yea, but I'm thinking they might revise this after the patch and new mechanics.
    ~My old signature took up too much space, so I made this one.

    ~P.S: You're wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts