• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to congratulate paradox their Republic DLC has officially drove me into depression. I built up my families trading empire along the Byzantine Coast by creating a vast network of trading posts. When suddenly, EMBARGO WAR!!!! :blink: I could only watch in horror as I lost every trading post I had, except for three in Muslim lands, was overrun and destroyed. So congratulations you have ruined my gaming experience in the best way possible. Here is your shiny first place metal... :(

I want to congratulate paradox their Republic DLC has officially drove me into depression. I built up my families trading empire along the Byzantine Coast by creating a vast network of trading posts. When suddenly, EMBARGO WAR!!!! :blink: I could only watch in horror as I lost every trading post I had, except for three in Muslim lands, was overrun and destroyed. So congratulations you have ruined my gaming experience in the best way possible. Here is your shiny first place metal... :(

That happened on the livestream yesterday too ;)

I want to congratulate you of giving the best laughs and tears of the day!

yay!

edit: will there be any work on Legacy of Rome type mechanics from a catholic point of view, so that it's possible to reform the Roman Republic? That'd be pretty awesome.

Does the game automatically generate Patrician families in any player created republics?

I think you can modify rome.txt to achieve that goal.

How does those family feuds actually work in-game? I have played as an Italian family now soon 70 years but still havent been close to get near a feud between the other families of Venice. Is it event related or something?

What exactly does The Republic bring to the table for those of us who don't (bear with me) necessarily want to play as a Republic right off the bat? As in, like LoR, is it worth getting for any other gameplay functions?

What is the main goal as a republic?

I find myself basically building one trade port off the bat which spends most of the money I have and then I just sit there doing nothing even when the game is on max speed. My gold slowly rises and then when it gets around 50 - 60 I get that -50 or -100 gold event. Rinse and repeat.

What am I supposed to be doing? Is there a general guide to play as a Republic?

What is the main goal as a republic?

I find myself basically building one trade port off the bat which spends most of the money I have and then I just sit there doing nothing even when the game is on max speed. My gold slowly rises and then when it gets around 50 - 60 I get that -50 or -100 gold event. Rinse and repeat.

What am I supposed to be doing? Is there a general guide to play as a Republic?

Maybe you get an inspiration from this thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...en-to-build-what-to-upgrade-and-in-what-order
Though it seems to have died yesterday.

i must admit that I'm quite... not disappointed, but well not happy enough after palying (finally) with republic. The game as a patrician is too easy, I get amounts of cash which allows me to go on a rampage through the world. My family in a 100 years or less got like 7 dodges of Venice without problem (would be more but just putting that crazy amount of cash you get makes it just too easy), the whole election is seriously just easy... no challange. And feuds - gosh, I was waiting to maintain a good vendetta for centuries, to take care of my family rivals, as a good enemy is a treasure, but somehow it seems this whole feud is not satysfing, not many events, not much of influence on a game - I just don't feel the pressure of that vendetta - although maybe I'm too needy in that case. However republics itselves are overpowered, the game is still good and worth palying

How does those family feuds actually work in-game? I have played as an Italian family now soon 70 years but still havent been close to get near a feud between the other families of Venice. Is it event related or something?

Event based. They didn't invite me to a ball. I went anyway. They threw me out. We hate each other. I stole all their land and slowly wiped them out. Repeat.

I really wwant to play with the Grand City of Bologna, but I can´t. How do ypu create noble families and so on?

Need to be a duke with capital on the coast.