• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.60 for AoD Release Candidate 3 (0.60.24)

This is the link to the RC3 (0.60.24)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22721928/CORE2_0_6_0_24.exe

Alternate download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2824306110/CORE2_0_6_0_24.exe

Checksum is UTBE

This version has been developed for the new 1.08 patch and will only work with this patch.

CORE is meant to be run using normal/normal settings

Changelog:

Code:
* Various small bugfixes by Dec and Denniss
* Small errors pointed out on the forums

2012-11-14
-> CORE 0.60.22b

* Research speed rebalancing by Dec:
* Research speed given by techs increased
* Base research speed slighlty decreased
* Mobilisation research effects increased

* Gameplay file rework by Denniss:
* Event text exported to event_text.csv
* AI Choice probabilities reworked
* Numerous small fixes

2012-11-25
-> CORE 0.60.23 (RC 2)

* Various final modifications by Dec
* Rhineland corrections by Teg
* Spelling corrections as pointed out by Denniss

2012-12-08
-> CORE 0.60.24 (RC 3)

CORE 0.60 b/w graphics pack (with updated travel guide and new unit pictures), Sept. 12, 2012 version.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22246847/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

Alternate download, Sept. 12, 2012 version:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2963680338/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

There is currently no colour graphics pack available. Installing the 0.50 colour graphics pack will ruin the graphics install.

Last edited:
This took a bit of time, but we made one large major change by rebalancing research speed. There are now several research speed increased spread out over the tech tree which should permit late game historical research progress.

So please give this a last spin, we are more or less ready to release this.

The Rhineland occupation seems to be not working properly:

Sequence was
1) FRA went to interventionism
2) Fall of laval govt
3) GER occupy Rhineland
4) FRA petions league
5) GER accepts compromise

Strengthening of Laval govt cannot occur as despite #2 happens before #4.

Also in core_France file:

Event 36011 has:
}
action_b = {
name = "EAB360011" # Petition the League of Nations to intercede against Germany
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = GER value = -15 }
command = { type = dissent value = 2 } # This would be seen as a "hawk" action, which was not popular
command = { type = belligerence value = 1 } # Hawk-ish move
command = { type = sleepevent which = 360012 }

but 360012 has already happened:

###############################################################################
# The Rhineland Crisis (Rhineland chain)
# Event 360012
# CORE2 Ver 0.32
# by Baylox
###############################################################################

event = {
id = 360012
random = no
country = FRA

trigger = {
flag = GER_enters_rhineland
NOT = { flag = FRASOVGO }
NOT = { domestic = { type = interventionism value = 6 } }
}

Suggest set fall of laval govt trigger to only after Rhineland actually is occupied.

Really, Shouldnt order be...?
1) FRA-SOV mil agreement
2) GER tries to occupy Rhinleland
3A) If FRA interventionism = 6 then FRA may ask LON to intercede
3B) If FRA interventionism <6 then FRA does nothing
4A) If FRA does nothing, then fall of Laval govt.
4B) If FRA asks LON to intervene..... and if GER accepts compromise then Strengthening of Laval govt
4C) If FRA asks LON to intervene but GER does not accpt compromise then fall of laval govt but option for ML to be extended

The FRA-SOV agreement really has no game effect since FRA should not have option to DoW GER even if GER rejects compromise. OTOH if human GER gets rush of blood to head and DoW FRA after rejecting LON offer (which would be silly since they will get the to keep the Rhineland anyway), it will have a possible two front war (sort of since SOV has no border!)
Linked with this, if GER does reject LON compromise their should be some minor penalty to GER - maybe loss of trades for 6M or something - just a thought)

So as GER I might have to give some consideration to consequences if LON tries to intervene. Which 99% of the time it will not.

Regards

Vermin

Whatever the situation is, we did not change the aspects you are mentioning. Whatever we rework here will be in 0.61.

I noticed the same behaviour in the previous version too. IF the GER AI sends divisions into the Rhineland too early it seems to mess up the chain.

Of course it's possible that it actually WAD and that the strengthening of the laval govt event is only supposed to be a possibility if the GER are tardy in occupyying the rhineland.

One of the things I really like about CORE is that the game is so stable. I can leave the PC on all day and it will be fine.

Regards

Vermin

Let´s discuss this in a bit more detail since 0.61 will see a bottom-up review of the very long-standing pre-war event chains:

360011 and 360012 should sleep each other, both as a safety measure that they do not fire both and to avoid unnecessary event checks that slow down the game.
Have you seen instances where both fire?

Laval government:
I assume that you are referring to cases where Fall of the Laval government happens before the Rhineland crisis is over (or has occured).
This would probably be avoided by also checking for flag RHINEOK, which is usually only checked for GER.
I think this flag is set after each definite conclusion of the Rhineland crisis, including the case where Germany accepts the compromise (but then only in Jan. 37 ....).

Wait ...

We have to check for several flags. Both events have to check for GER_enters_Rhineland, the Rhineland crisis must have started.

Laval will be strengthened if France calls the LoN, gets a positive ruling and GER accepts the compromise. So this event needs only check for GER_accepts_compromise on top.

Laval will fall in all other cases, so RHINEOK would probably do.

If GER gets the Rhineland via the LoN compomise, RHINEOK will be set Jan. 1, 37 but the Fall of the Laval government will already be slept.

Last edited:
NOTE: 0.61 will see the remote case of a "peaceful" GER coded out. This is the one case uncovered currently. If a human GER player does not enter the Rhineland at all, nothing will happen. 0.61 will give a negotiation option with a return by Jan. 1, 1938.

NOTE: 0.61 will see the remote case of a "peaceful" GER coded out. This is the one case uncovered currently. If a human GER player does not enter the Rhineland at all, nothing will happen. 0.61 will give a negotiation option with a return by Jan. 1, 1938.
That is an excellent idea.

Under what circumstances will FRA not automatically follow UK lead on Czechoslovakia?

Regards

Vermin

One of the reasons for the event rework is that all of them were written a long time ago by people who are no longer on the team. Especially the Sudeten Chain is very extensive and not fully coded out, indeed maybe a third of the options are disabled.

So at the moment my answer is: "I have got no idea", but as part of the 0.61 work I will take a close look at those chains.

EDIT:

Laval fell over the Ethiopian affair and was gone by the time of the Rhineland crisis. So the strengthening of the Laval government happens if Germany reoccupies the Rhineland in early January and accepts the compromise, which means practically never.

Lol no final version released yet? :)

Was the Khalkin Gol event chain changed so that war is finally a viable option? Instead of the classical stalemate since neither Japan or SU can get enough VPs for negotiated peace?

That is an excellent idea.

Under what circumstances will FRA not automatically follow UK lead on Czechoslovakia?

Regards

Vermin

This option is only available if the CZE does not cancel the elections and suppress the riots in Sudeten. Lord Runciman will then find that GER claims are not justified, which gives the UK player the option to go aggressively against GER. FRA then may decide to back out and not follow UK lead.

I´ve seen this only happen once, though.

Lol no final version released yet? :)

Well, this is pretty much the final release for 0.60. We will then start to take the mod apart and work on 0.61.

Thanks!

In my first try of this version, GER was very nice, allied with Austria (I think offered them Tabor a little later), asked for an alliance with CZECH but was completely rebuffed - IIRC the Munich conference didn't occur and GER DoWed CZECH, bringing in the Allies, the ITA and SOV then the balkans. It was a fabulously chaotic and interesting variant.

Regards

Vermin

A couple of minor things I've noticed:
-It seems Assault engineers are granting the dig in bonus and construction engineers are not.
-I conquered france early as Germany, and Italy soon declared war on Greece - Romania + others were still guaranteeing Greece however and a rather silly little war erupted that was impossible to end. It simply doesn't make sense for this context. The Guarantees expire at the beginning of 1940, but IMO they should really expire if/when France falls.
You *should* end up with most of the Balkans allying against you (among others) if you DOW Greece as Italy in 1938, but if it's just been made exceedingly clear that the international order in Europe has just been smashed, it's a different story and countries wouldn't stick their necks out.
-If Hungary is given all of Transylvania by Germany I reckon they should probably get a bit more in terms of provinces, though I realize that it's difficult to make everything work out perfectly with the vanilla map.
-Is it still needed to give Germany a land route to Greece? it seems a bit weird for Croatia to be missing its northern half. I know there used to be an issue with supplies but I thought that was fixed in Doomsday or Arma.

Haven't got super far just 1941 as Germany, but seems pretty good. 100% stable which is awesome.

Last edited:
Okay... it looks like for some reason Pioneers were put in engineer.txt and actual construction engineers in b_u9.txt
I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like there's a toggle for the dig-in bonus, presumably it's hardcoded to be attached to that particular unit. It wouldn't be hard to swap them but I'm perplexed that construction engineers weren't just left as the 'normal' engineers in the first place.

Dec´s answer to Dichromate´s question above:

Hi,

I considered that. But went as is d2 the other coded boni such as. River/fort attack. Would like bl to export the hard code to allow assignment of current options as desired.

Mm

Two minor errors:

One of the Romanian effects of German alliance events refers to Hungary instead of Romania

The UK event for Australians refuse to defend the Solomons refers to the New Zealanders instead.

Okay the second one is not a minor issue - it is a HUGE problem :). It MUST be fixed IMMEDIATELY!! :D

Wars have been started for less than calling an Aussie a Kiwi (and vice versa!) The insult is a trillion times worse when it appears in a Pommy event! :rofl:

Duck and Cover!

Regards

Vermin