• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 68897

I was so sad when he finally died.

He lead the charge onto Jerusalem in a Crusade on his 100th birthday.

View attachment 68898

Oh, and this may be the largest empire too.

The ''Largest Vassal Levy'' record has to be fake; how can you conquer the map in 350 years without cheating?

Wow, that dude is pretty old. How's that even possible? He doesn't even have one of those genetic traits that help you live longer. My rulers mostly get infirm at 51 and die soon afterwards ^^
Btw how long did he rule? More than 77 years?

World conquest is definitely possible. I've never done it myself, but I've never played past 1320, either. Even until then I've conquered 3/4 of the map multiple times ;)

Wow, that dude is pretty old. How's that even possible? He doesn't even have one of those genetic traits that help you live longer. My rulers mostly get infirm at 51 and die soon afterwards ^^
Btw how long did he rule? More than 77 years?

World conquest is definitely possible. I've never done it myself, but I've never played past 1320, either. Even until then I've conquered 3/4 of the map multiple times ;)

He gained the throne in his 50s, I believe. I didn't expect him to live for more than a couple of decades, but he surprised me. So no; he didn't rule for more than 77 years.

I'll be very interested in providing my current duke of Iceland.

lOigJ.png

He's actually not the longest ruler as he lost his duchy twice in a civil war. The current reign is from 1175 and he was born in 1087. I slaved by with celibacy for quite some time.

I'll throw my hat into the ring for a world conquest.

OnYAE.jpg

I am under no illusions that its the fastest, however I did role play it under some reasonably harsh restrictions:

1. 1066 Byzantium start
  2. All marriages based on breeding program - preference is to marry minor characters with good stats but no claims
  3. Ag-Cog succession
  4. War priority: 1. Mongols (when they arrive) 2. Muslims / pagans 3. Imperial territories 4. non-imperial territories
  5. No fabricating claims until all imperial reconquests and holy wars have been exhausted (I accidentally goofed on this, I forgot Mali even existed until after I had begun conquering non-imperial territory)
  6. No usurping Imperial level titles
  7. #1 overall priority to mend schism, #2 to reform empire
  8. No offering vassalisation or working marriages to inherit territory. All territories must be gained by force of arms alone. I think there was only one instance where a vassal inherited territory from outside the realm when the duchess of Croatia managed to inherit Livonia
  9. World needs to be conquered with enough time for all territories to de jure drift into the Roman Empire by 1453
  10. No interfering in vassal plots unless ruler and/or his children are the target

Under these circumstances I managed to get out a pretty respectable time for a world conquest. The most fortuitous thing was moving to elective law about 50 years in - I don't think I ever had an opportunity to change succession laws for the rest of the game due to infighting amongst vassals. I was really bummed about it at the time as I wanted to go Primo. That said, the Empire was remarkably stable. I only had one independence war, which occured shortly after I beat back the initial Seljuk invasion.

Updates:
Oldest Character: 108 years. Darkgamma.
Quickest World Conquest: 13 February, 1336 as Byzantine Empire, Corporatejive.

@Darkgamma
Very impressive age! Sixteen children from only two wives is also something you don't see every day.

@Corporatejive
Finally someone hands in a proper WC. I'm using similar house-rules (except I ALWAYS fabricate claims on Venice). I've seen faster ones elsewhere but for now the record is yours.
If you have a screenshot for mending schism / imperial restoration you'll get those titles, too.

Last edited:
Damn, I didn't take a screenshot of my converting the last Sunni territory there was. It was somewhere early in the 15th century though. At the end of the game, only 25 Sunni characters were still alive.

That's not all my doing though, Every Sunni ruler went Ibadi in my game.

Damn, I didn't take a screenshot of my converting the last Sunni territory there was. It was somewhere early in the 15th century though. At the end of the game, only 25 Sunni characters were still alive.

That's not all my doing though, Every Sunni ruler went Ibadi in my game.

If you wrecked the Sunni's religious authority it IS your fault ;)
If they all went Ibadi, though, they could switch back to Sunni, right?

If you wrecked the Sunni's religious authority it IS your fault ;)
If they all went Ibadi, though, they could switch back to Sunni, right?

I DID holy war the living shit out of them.

I don't think Ibadi rulers without a liege above them (kings and such) revert back to their main religion. I've never seen it happen, but this was just one game.

How is an Intrigue score of 56 possible? The highest I saw for a trait was 31, with help of part-time bonus (those you get through events). Can someone explain me this sorcery (and burn William at the same time)?

How is an Intrigue score of 56 possible? The highest I saw for a trait was 31, with help of part-time bonus (those you get through events). Can someone explain me this sorcery (and burn William at the same time)?

wormix exploited the shit out of the revoke-plot. It gives (or gave?) one intrigue point per revoked county/duchy. It's technically no cheating he just abused a game mechanic ;)

-> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ll-Of-Fame&p=14349467&viewfull=1#post14349467

Updates:
I went ahead and added sgoel's screenshots from the show your empire thread. Hope he doesn't mind -> most empires, quickest WC

Last edited:
I'm surprised the most wives for christian rulers is only 5... Seems like one of the easiest exploits that hasn't been patched out is to repeatedly assassinate or plot to kill your wife, remarry a courtier, etc for the bonus gold. Surely someone can beat that record?

I'm surprised the most wives for christian rulers is only 5... Seems like one of the easiest exploits that hasn't been patched out is to repeatedly assassinate or plot to kill your wife, remarry a courtier, etc for the bonus gold. Surely someone can beat that record?

Maybe it's just too tedious. Doesn't seem like it would be all that interesting to do.

Updates:
Britannia: 12 January, 1083 as England, Panzerschiffe
Ireland: 5 August, 1079 as England, Panzerschiffe
Portugal: 5 March, 1088 as Duke of Portucale, Rougeman

@Panzerschiffe
Very impressive. It took me at least 15 years more to form Britannia!

About the wives: If you have a high intrigue ruler and lots of money it should be pretty easy to beat that record in less than 1 year game time. I would do it myself but I don't want to hold all records myself :p

Tediousness aside s I gave it a try. 16 wives :D
wives.jpg

Last edited:
Not to question the tactics involved, but how do you form Britannia that fast!? Does it require Scotland to be broken apart or is it just a lot of abuse of how fractured Ireland is?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558709425513133042/3AF7D4254A353DBFB4F2B6918E3BAC7C32AC2C29/

WC 1222. Started as Count of Altmark in 1066.

5 empire titles. 1 more when my heir forms Britannia, and the next heir forms Russia. I got the heirs' cultures lined up nicely. Maybe I'll play that game that far. Somehow I forgot about Francia along the way. :unsure: Also, when I form the Roman Empire, I lose access to electorial voting in my law panel for the other empires.

6 kingdom titles, 43 vassal kingdoms. More to come with the heirs' culture change. I'd revoke them for the lulz, but some kingdoms I made from scratch when I holy war'd the Muslims, and now some of those are serene republics through and through.