• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(229589)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Oct 3, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
French Mod - Released

Instead of grumbling about France I thought I would get off my posterior and modding.

I've never tried modding AoD but I was mostly able to reverse engineer exisiting events and AoD is fairly easy, if tedious to mod.

Finished:
A) Call up events for the mobilisation of the French Series A Formation, Series B, Overseas Category 2 and Overseas Category 3 division 8-9/39 plus a few late mobilising units. They are linked to the existing mobilisation events. These have been tested and WAD (or at least as I designed them). Maintenance for the above cadres has also been factored in.
B) Slightly upgraded the worst French tech teams and added some off map production (so it can't be captured and used by GER) to help feed all this.

C) A few French Naval Reserve events

E) The elimination of the extra off map production on the fall of FRA.

D) Some re-assignment of UK production to FRA if FRA decides to fight on.

E) Return of reassigned UK production to FRA when FRA liberated.

F) Franco-Soviet economic agreement

G) Reassessment of numbers/types of brigades

H) More accurate initial deployment in FRA

I) Some Polish/Czech volunteer formations

J) Some more MS.406 and Potez 633 aircraft deals

This much is ready to go at gamefront (as soon as I work out how to make the link work). It is functional but ALWAYS ON if installed. I am working to make it entirely optional (off a stand alone trigger under flavour) with some selectable options which have more or less (all quite minor) impact on some minors due to some new arms deals. It still needs a little more testing. then I will make it available for any/all. If some makes it into the next major CORE release then I am very happy, but I will update it for next version anyway (since I will use it!). :D

I am however having a few problems:

A) I want to have an event that will trigger at either of two (or more) situations - eg war OR at a given time but I don't understand the necessary syntax. If I use "trigger = {}" is this compatible with a date range and will it then not simply read it as if (trigger) AND date range? Fixed - thanks

B) How much is a unit of oil very roughly represent? Fixed - thanks
C) How much is a (game!) dollar represent?
F) Some options I would like to work only if played as GER or FRA - how to trigger this? This is important if otherwise upset the AI. Fixed - thanks

When finished I hope it will make it much more fun as the GER with a real battle in FRA and if you like FRA, then a bit more colourful.

This should be the link: (I think) http://www.gamefront.com/files/22742020

Regards

Vermin

Last edited:
A) I want to have an event that will trigger at either of two (or more) situations - eg war OR at a given time but I don't understand the necessary syntax. If I use "trigger = {}" is this compatible with a date range and will it then not simply read it as if (trigger) AND date range?
Code:
trigger = {
  OR = {
    atwar = yes
    AND = {
      year = X
      month = X #0 = january, 11 = december
      day = X
    }
  }
}

F) Some options I would like to work only if played as GER or FRA - how to trigger this? This is important if otherwise upset the AI.
Code:
country = [tag]
trigger = {
  ai = no
}

From the Soviet mobilisation events:

Code:
event = {
	id = 840306
	random = no
	country = SOV

trigger = {
		local_flag = mobilise_reserves
		exists = GER
		NOT = { ai = GER }
		ai = SOV
	}

Will fire only if SOV is ai and Ger human.

Thankyou!

Although I was not intending for this to be used when both FRA and GER are AI, I did watch this variant play out - battle for France lasted 3 months - from 11 April to 11 July. So it was not too hard for GER even then. Even if it took another month and started in May it should sitill give GER plenty of time to get ready for Balkans and DNO.

Regards

Vermin

B) How much is a unit of oil very roughly represent?

From Historyman´s notes on the original province.csv design:

1 Oil Point on-map in province.csv therefore consists of :-

126000 tons of Crude Oil / Oil Shale ( = 0.9 MB/Yr)
126000 tons of Diesel oil / Fuel oil ( = 0.9 MB/Yr)
108000 tons of Petrol ( = 0.9 MB/Yr)
126000 tons of Whale Oil ( = 0.9 MB/Yr)
1440000 HectoLitres of Ind Alcohol ( = 0.9 MB/Yr)

1 Oil (for events, etc) equates to :-

350 tons of Crude Oil / Oil Shale ( = 2500 Barrels)
350 tons of Diesel oil / Fuel oil ( = 2500 Barrels)
300 tons of Petrol ( = 2500 Barrels)
350 tons of Whale Oil ( = 2500 Barrels)
4000 HectoLitres of Ind Alcohol ( = 2500 Barrels)

Thanks for this!
I am having a CTD just past half way when the scenario loads. I've striped back the changes systematically to where it was working before and it is still happening. I must have inadvertently corrupted something so I will reinstall and reapply the mods. :( I was hoping to get this finished this weekend but that looks unlikely now!

Welcome to the joys (and the reality) of modding.....

More testing, some minor rebalancing and QNs:

How can I [script] a binding trade agreement?

Is there a separate trade modifier that I can alter by event to make it easier or more likely for certain countries to trade?

Dormant units appear to need full salaries. Is there a way around this? How do for example the dormant other nation's units (eg SS, NKVD or opolchenie) not use lots of salary - or do they? Edit: As a workaround I reimburse the French govt the salaries in part. This will be corrected inthe next release when I mostly use the add division command. The disadvantage of add division seems to be you cant specify strength or experience.

Regards

Vermin

Last edited:
General trade behaviour (preferences, embargoes etc.) is coded via AI, and I would advise against messing with that. You really would have to rewrite AI events and AI files.

There is only the following direct event command:

type = end_trades which = [country/-1] where = [country/-1]

that ends trades.

Salaries for dormant units: interesting observation, we would have to test this. There are dozens of dormant units in the game, so this would be a distorting factor in the current scripting that we have not noticed so far.