• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Who will rule the waves in the 21st century?

untitled-2_0_0.jpg

Operation Tarnhelm is the first expansion for the unique real-time strategy game Naval War: Arctic Circle. Named after the mythical helmet of Norse mythology that makes its owner invisible, the new scenarios detail daring attacks. Experience NATO’s offensive deep in Russian territory, and Russia’s devastating counter-attack on Northern Europe. Four additional units will provide new tactics and possibilities. This expansion provides unprecedented firepower with stealth aircraft and new warship designs. Who will rule the waves in the 21st century?

Find out where to get Naval War: Operation Tarnhelm here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/buy

Features

• Two new stealth bombers, the US Air Force B-2 Spirit and the Russian PAK-DA
  • Two new powerful warships, the unique Zumwalt class destroyer and Russia’s powerful new destroyer, currently known as Project 21956
  • Two extensive new missions featuring the new units
  • One multiplayer-skirmish mission with the new units
  • New units available for the Mission Editor and the Steam Workshop

Does it have saved games!

Does it crash constantly? Do the dev team still not actually care about fixing the game?

As long there is no information about the state of the game (savegame feature, showstopping bugs, nato symbols,...) I will not buy any further dlc or expansion.
For you guys asking 'dannie' questions: there will be no answer. dannie added the ad and thats all. Will never be seen here again untio the next ad, if there will be any further. Its really strong stuff what happens (or better said 'not happens') here in last couple of months.

Will not be buying it EVER.

This game company do not deserve my money. Still waiting for original game to be fixed and in a working order to be even called a game. Nuff said bye

But really - I do understand that the devs are embarrassed that they did the rookie game developer mistake and forgot the save game functionality in the design phase, but they could at least pop by their forum once every month?

I bought the game on release day, played for 19 minutes (Steam keeps count) and realized I would never get involved if I can't save (yes, as a development manager I have a life IRL). Yesterday I did play a whole scenario and had a lot of fun, but it took almost 2 hours and I could not quit and continue another day so in the end I just had to "fast forward". Got those 20 russian planes in the end though and had a lot of fun!

A troubleshooting ticket. Are you serious? There has been CONSTANT complaining about the games instability and freeze ups since I bought the game the day it came out. Ridiculous and insulting to tell people this NOW, after the behavior of the developers who just washed their hands of their broken non functioning product. As for these guys that come on here and say "it works great, not a single problem", I call complete BS. I used to work in the gaming industry, IN quality control. Redstorm, you may have heard of it, we put out what was one of the best first person shooter games of all time (the first Rainbow Six). I have some idea of what it takes to fix problems, and ignoring people, or patronizing them by saying some of the things these people at this Norwegian company have said is beyond unacceptable. CRIMINAL in my opinion, putting out a product with so many known functionality issues and then just telling people lies by saying "gosh, it works great here in our office".

I've posted before here about how many gaming machines I have. There is a total of 8 PC's in this house right now, a mix of various AMD and INTEL gaming systems, with a mix of XP, Vista, and WIN7, as well a mix of AMD and Nvidia video cards. I've tried various mixing and matching, including trying it on my ASUS gaming Notebook, that has a very powerful i7 CPU and the most powerful laptop video card in the world right now. THIS GAME STILL FREEZES, nearly every game unless it is a very short game, and if the time scaling is used, it is virtually assured to lock up to the point of needing to be cnrl/alt/del 'ed to get out of it. I also just got a new primary PC for Xmas. 3970 CPU, with 2 680 SLI 4gb vid cards, and 32 gigs of the best RAM Corsair manufactures. If I play some of the single player missions I like to test this failure out with, say the Russian Invasion one, it STILL locks up about 30 mins into playing, or even less some times.

I've tried this as I said before on a relatives joe-blow home system from HP, as well as a neighbor's run of the mill system with an i7 860 and 5770 video card....SAME LOCK UP AND FREEZE BUG.

Seriously WHAT is going on with this problem and company? I'm in complete awe of the complete lack of professionalism being shown here, and the incredibly insulting behavior and comments from the game's developers and tech support attempts. Luckily it is an inexpensive game, but the money isn't the point. I've been sitting on my hands regarding reporting this whole story wide, as I currently write for the largest gaming magazine, online or otherwise, in the world. This game and company I think should be hoisted up and shown as a great example of what NOT to do.

When do those crashes typically occur? Right after starting a mission? Or only after a few hours? Bought it a few days ago, updated to 1.0.9.4 IIRC and have played through five missions so far. Now stuttering/no freeze. Or does it only happen in the later, larger missions?

OK, can we get an answer - does it contain save game functionality? In that case I will buy it...

Wait, don't give them ideas! Savegame feature as a DLC! The atrocity!

That aside, I did try out Naval Warfare for about 34 minutes, and I think it's a nice balance between complexity/"deepness" and strategic/tactical management. Just hope it strives for the middle ground to appeal to those who like to try sims like this, but don't want to go too deep into it.

EDIT: But please fix the savegame feature first, yeah? ;)

Last edited: