• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are fixed results and it matters not where the fixed list of ships are.

Yeah, I thought so. It doesn't make a great deal of sense, but if it didn't work this way Pearl Harbour probably wouldn't sink anything - a player would keep their fleet in San Diego or something, and god knows where the AI would send its ships.

I thought the Pearl Harbour event killed ships no matter where they are in the world. Am I wrong?

yes, you just loose 2 and heavily damage some even if they are somewhere else, I usually totally delete those fleets because they are obsolete or going to become obsolete fast but the event still happens

This is a summary of what the event looks like from the US side (1.03b2)

Nightmare (5%)
Lose 8 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma, California, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Maryland), 2 CV (Lexington, Enterprise) and 7 smaller ships, damage 3 smaller ships, add 20 dissent and subtract 20 manpower.

Pretty Bad (10%)
Lose 6 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma, California, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania), 3 smaller ships, 2 BB damaged (Tennessee, Maryland) with 3 smaller ships add 10 dissent and subtract 15 manpower.

Worse than historic (15%)
Lose 4 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma, California, West Virginia) and 2 smaller ships, damage 4 BB (Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Maryland) and 3 smaller ships, add 5 dissent and subtract 10 manpower.

Historic (60%)
Lose 2 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma) and 1 smaller ship, damage 6 BB (California, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Maryland) and 6 smaller ships, add 5 dissent and subtract 10 manpower.

Less than historic losses (10%)
Lose 1 BB (Arizona), damage 3 BB (Oklahoma, California, West Virginia)and 4 smaller ships, add 2 dissent.

All of these will also increase interventionism and defense lobby to 8. Note that in the case of the final outcome Japan will get the Pearl Harbor attack is a failure which give 10 dissent and subtracts 10 manpower.

This is a summary of what the event looks like from the US side (1.03b2)

Nightmare (5%)
Lose 8 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma, California, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Maryland), 2 CV (Lexington, Enterprise) and 7 smaller ships, damage 3 smaller ships, add 20 dissent and subtract 20 manpower.

Pretty Bad (10%)
Lose 6 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma, California, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania), 3 smaller ships, 2 BB damaged (Tennessee, Maryland) with 3 smaller ships add 10 dissent and subtract 15 manpower.

Worse than historic (15%)
Lose 4 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma, California, West Virginia) and 2 smaller ships, damage 4 BB (Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Maryland) and 3 smaller ships, add 5 dissent and subtract 10 manpower.

Historic (60%)
Lose 2 BB (Arizona, Oklahoma) and 1 smaller ship, damage 6 BB (California, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Maryland) and 6 smaller ships, add 5 dissent and subtract 10 manpower.

Less than historic losses (10%)
Lose 1 BB (Arizona), damage 3 BB (Oklahoma, California, West Virginia)and 4 smaller ships, add 2 dissent.

All of these will also increase interventionism and defense lobby to 8. Note that in the case of the final outcome Japan will get the Pearl Harbor attack is a failure which give 10 dissent and subtracts 10 manpower.

That "nightmare" would be nice to get if you play as Japan :D
USA would be good as dead after that :rofl:

And here I thought there were only three levels: Bad casualties, historic, and less than historic. Turns out I had the absolute worst happen to me although I could have sworn I only lost one CV after looking at my statistics tab. Probably misread something since I probably didn't deploy enterprise.

And here I thought there were only three levels: Bad casualties, historic, and less than historic. Turns out I had the absolute worst happen to me although I could have sworn I only lost one CV after looking at my statistics tab. Probably misread something since I probably didn't deploy enterprise.

in the event of pearl harbor attack, historicly, the carriers werent at pearl harbor, thats why there are no carriers listed there among possible casualties...

There should be some incentive for a human us the have Pacific fleet, if you have force stationed at pearl you get a bonus to lend lease to china , if you station a big fleet in guam you get a bigger bonus, but much more likely hood of large loss to japan. Or you could base your fleet on the west coast and lose nothing but japan gets a bonus.

Never.

If I'm playing a Japan game, my only "opening strike" is going to be several nuke launches against US cities and large ports/airbases.