• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erhm, Serbian Empire: 1346–1371
EU4 start date: 1444.

In between? Battles of Kosovo and Maritsa changed everything.

So no, Serbia in 1444. is Moravian Serbia (weaker version of Kingdom of Serbia), its nowhere near Serbian Empire in any way.

I would be shocked if they were, considering the Ottomans are supposed to be coming back with a vengeance in EU4 and be major player. Serbia is probably gonna be steam rolled early on in the game.

So as far as i am understanding Paradox wil never create a game with Empire of Serbia right?

Im not sure what youre hinting at. Do i (as a Serb) think that Paradox hates us/is biased against us, and so refuse to make a game where Serbia appears as an empire? No lol. At worst they tend to make horribly bad maps of Balkan, but its not like its just us, Russia was just as equally bad in EU3 (and unlike us is important for gameplay), so i dont think theres any kind of conspiracy or anything. The problem is that our empire is hardly in the same category as those empires in EU3 colonial time (England, France, Spain etc) and more importantly, our thing happens to have lived during the time thats pretty much between CK and EU games (so its too early to be in game).

I'm hoping that it would be extremely, extremely hard just to survive as Balkan nations. In EU3, Ottomans fragmented and disintegrated far too often.

So as far as i am understanding Paradox wil never create a game with Empire of Serbia right?

Try CK2, start in mid XIV century and voila, you've got yourself a huge Serbian Empire to play with.

I'm hoping that it would be extremely, extremely hard just to survive as Balkan nations. In EU3, Ottomans fragmented and disintegrated far too often.

Oh trust me, if Hungary is represented the way it should be (number of provinces) they will be just as big of a threat as Ottomans, at least they are so in my mod (surviving as 5 province Bosnia is not an easy task, at all).

Try CK2, start in mid XIV century and voila, you've got yourself a huge Serbian Empire to play with.

Well in EU3 at 1444 start date Serbia is at war with Ottomans that are alredy much stronger than at 1399.

Well in EU 3 i managed to actully beat the Otomans and make a Empire i ended owning a 1/4 of Europe but i would like to start strong so i do not waste time and by by the way Stefans are cursed in EU evry single one of them was a bad king for me and died in battle but maybe Paradox hates slavics or just does not like them to make a strong empire of serbia

O wow /Balkan nationalists threads with conspiracies popping all over the place. The last one lasted like what ? 8 pages. Sigh.......

But now without any sarcasm, I find it offensive that you would even think that Paradox would purposely not make any game where your Serbian empire would feature. I mean theres CK2 with 1453 as end date. And as you know EU is focused on the start of the colonial age till around the Napoleon era. So why o why would you think there would be be a Serbian Empire in this period ? There was never any significant Serbian nation in this time period because either the Ottomans or the Austrians had major influence there, or even totally conquered the area.

CK 2 ends at 1337 ? Erm that is the last possible scenario yes. But doesn't the game continue until 1453. There are enough mods that adress this. I mean if you want Serbia so bad you could start a mod yourself.

And if I'm honest the only major time any balkan nation had any significant impact as a Balkan nation itself was the First and Second Bulgarian Empire. The Serbian Empire only really existed due to 1 ruler Stefan Uroš IV Dušan His son Stefan Uroš V only ruled a dying state and ultimately got conquered by the Ottomans.

Last edited:
Hiki his question was valid and there was nothing nationalistic about this, as its an historical fact. I told him pretty much why i think it wasnt covered so far, and thats because it lived in a short period of time that is between CK and EU official timeline.

O wow /Balkan nationalists threads with conspiracies popping all over the place. The last one lasted like what ? 8 pages. Sigh.......

But now without any sarcasm, I find it offensive that you would even think that Paradox would purposely not make any game where your Serbian empire would feature. I mean theres CK2 with 1453 as end date. And as you know EU is focused on the start of the colonial age till around the Napoleon era. So why o why would you think there would be be a Serbian Empire in this period ? There was never any significant Serbian nation in this time period because either the Ottomans or the Austrians had major influence there, or even totally conquered the area.
I never heard of a nation called "Balkan" so you have to be more specific about those nationalists ;)

Hiki his question was valid and there was nothing nationalistic about this, as its an historical fact. I told him pretty much why i think it wasnt covered so far, and thats because it lived in a short period of time that is between CK and EU official timeline.

Yes but after that he started saying that Paradox hates slavics and they dont want to make empire of serbia:), absolutely hillarious.

Well in EU 3 i managed to actully beat the Otomans and make a Empire i ended owning a 1/4 of Europe but i would like to start strong so i do not waste time and by by the way Stefans are cursed in EU evry single one of them was a bad king for me and died in battle but maybe Paradox hates slavics or just does not like them to make a strong empire of serbia

Well in EU3, as an Irish minor, I managed to actually beat the English and make an Empire, where I ended up owning 1/4 of Europe. But I would like to start strong so I don't have to waste time uniting Ireland and beating down the perfidious English. By the way, in EU3 all Irish nations start with only one province, and my kings often died in battle as well, thus Paradox must hate the Irish or just does not want us to make a strong Empire.

Im fine with his questions but it's what he said after this :

And he is not the first "Balkan" (Aka people from the Balkan, Balkan is not a nation) to do this. And the fact is I'm getting tired of it.

But there is ofcourse a very very small chance they are all trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.