+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Age Mod - A Mod for Victoria 2

Modern Age Mod - A Mod for Victoria 2

Modern Age Mod - For A House Divided 2.31

I plan to, in a first stage, release the 1992 map with technologies and reforms set, then move to make factories, inventions, crimes, etc, on a next phase I will move to real-world population and then move to generic events, Major World Events, minor world events, specific nation events and changing party names to reflect reality.

The objective of this mod is to put a Modern World Scenario and do a total conversion of Victoria 2 to this world. Originally, he is set to begin in 1992 and I plan make world population, events, technologies, and all I can do as historically as possible, using real world data. So, Slaves are off, gold mines will be drastically changed are possible off too, issues and reforms will be updated and we may have nuclear weapons and nuclear winters when the mod is complete.

Please any suggestions, questions, corrections and help of any kind is highly welcomed. I will also be glad to answer any questions you might have.

While I work on the 1992 start date and pops, here's kovio MDM mod fixed:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?obc2z6rvl6a6f5s
    Victoria 2 with AHD 2.31 needed. Be sure to clear any old MDM versions cache before starting this mod.

Screenshot of the MDM, nothing changed so far, only fixed the crashes and added some missing brackets:
    V2_1.jpg
    But expect a change soon.

Credits (In no particular order):
    ZomgK3tchup for the suggestions, corrections, advices with pops, taking a look at the main menu screen and letting me take some things from the Modern Day Scenario Mod and everything else and anything I might have forgotten.
    Gloa for the suggestions, corrections, advices and all help with colors and loading screens and everything else and anything I might have forgotten.
    kovio and all people who worked on the base mod, MDM, and the mods integrated.
    Keder for letting me use his intelligentsia sprites from his Intelligentsia tiny mod.
    Naselus for the advice.
    Naselus and the PDM team for letting me use PDM map overlay and NVs.
    Kalelovil and everyone who worked on the Cold War Mod for letting me use the map changes.
    CaptRobau for letting me use his Visible Country Borders Mod and his Social Pyramid Mod (whenever I find a link to download the mod anyway).
    And the old Modern Day Scenario team for organizing some the data I'm using, and anyone I might forgot:
    Thanks a lot guys.

Modders currently working (or kinda working) on this modification:
    arkhometha
    Gloa
    ZomgK3tchup

Changelog:
    Coming soon. Meanwhile, check the thread, there's a lot of changes listed there.

Keep up the good work friend. I do sort of still want to be a part and help, but if you want to do your own thing that's cool. If you ever need help or anything here's my steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/mayaka

I'll request a mod to lock my thread.

Again, thanks for continuing this and I wish you the best of luck. I'm glad to give it to someone who's much more motivated than me.

Quote Originally Posted by kovio View Post
    Keep up the good work friend. I do sort of still want to be a part and help, but if you want to do your own thing that's cool. If you ever need help or anything here's my steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/mayaka

I'll request a mod to lock my thread.

Again, thanks for continuing this and I wish you the best of luck. I'm glad to give it to someone who's much more motivated than me.
    Thank you too for letting me work on it and thanks for the work you put on it. If I need something I will be sure to tell you.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Very nice, I'm looking forward to play it!

One problem though: I just wanted to try it out and it always crashes at "Processing Flags".
    Any Ideas?

Edit:
    Okay, never mind, I managed to fix it myself.
    Thing is, I bought a SSD and windows 8 a few weeks ago, so I still had Vicky on my old HDD and started it from there.
    So I didn't have the registry entries (basically the path entry was enough to get it working), which I now added myself and it's running fine now.
    Last edited by Rulestormer; 27-11-2012 at 23:32.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

If I may make a tiny suggestion, Nagorno-Karabakh should be a part of Armenia with Azeri and Armenian cores. It wouldn't reflect it's semi-autonomous status well, but it would allow Azerbaijan to retake it.
    Janek Pavel Kovář, Deputy for Bohemia in A Federation of "Equals" - A Danubian Federation Interactive AAR

Will Monaco, Andorra, Lichtenstien and Luxembourg be represented in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Astanna View Post
    Will Monaco, Andorra, Lichtenstien and Luxembourg be represented in some way?
    Yes, I wanted to add these countries plus Vatican city but still don't know how I will deal with it, since I never modded maps and for this I kinda wanted to add some provinces. I also need to fix Israel to add the west bank and fix Brazil states and add its capital, right now I can't move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon13 View Post
    If I may make a tiny suggestion, Nagorno-Karabakh should be a part of Armenia with Azeri and Armenian cores. It wouldn't reflect it's semi-autonomous status well, but it would allow Azerbaijan to retake it.
    Well, since they got their independence after 1992, right now they aren't independent anymore. They still have cores and I will add independence events later, right now I'm working on placing the modern population and hoping I don't break the world.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arkhometha View Post
    Yes, I wanted to add these countries plus Vatican city but still don't know how I will deal with it, since I never modded maps and for this I kinda wanted to add some provinces. I also need to fix Israel to add the west bank and fix Brazil states and add its capital, right now I can't move it.
    Considering the scale of your modification, you might want to skip editing provinces. It seems like way too much work and extra bugfixing for little benefit.

Well, since they got their independence after 1992, right now they aren't independent anymore. They still have cores and I will add independence events later, right now I'm working on placing the modern population and hoping I don't break the world.[/QUOTE]

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

are you going to give cores to India in Pakistan or something like that? what if Nationalist NPD wins elections in Germany? Cores will appear in Austria or Alsace-Loraine?
    Hei, hei, heißa! juchei!
    Die Wallensteiner zieh'n vorbei
    Hei, hei, heißa juchei
    Trum, trum, terum tum tum

My first AAR :Glauben! Kämpfen! Siegen! (A DWI Germany AAR): http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...I-Germany-AAR)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I agree that extremists (Communists, Fascists and Reactionaries) should be given some decisions in order to gain cores on provinces the countries had in earlier times.
    For example fascists in Germany to reclaim cores on former german territory in Poland or Russian communists could get a decision to invite former Soviet states back into Russia as long as the invited country is communist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    Considering the scale of your modification, you might want to skip editing provinces. It seems like way too much work and extra bugfixing for little benefit.
    Are you talking about adding Pops? In the case you are talking about that, a lot of people told me that adding pops would break the game and make it slower but having the USA with so little pops and the world so empty bothers me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by guillec87 View Post
    are you going to give cores to India in Pakistan or something like that? what if Nationalist NPD wins elections in Germany? Cores will appear in Austria or Alsace-Loraine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulestormer View Post
    I agree that extremists (Communists, Fascists and Reactionaries) should be given some decisions in order to gain cores on provinces the countries had in earlier times.
    For example fascists in Germany to reclaim cores on former german territory in Poland or Russian communists could get a decision to invite former Soviet states back into Russia as long as the invited country is communist as well.
    Yes, I plan to make decisions for Alsace Lorraine in the case fascists get in power, a Greater Korea in case they unify and see some countries with similar positions as Germany that get fascists/communists on power reclaiming their land.. I'm also removing Argentine core on Falklands, since they just lost the war, and making it a decision to reclaim the island.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arkhometha View Post
    Are you talking about adding Pops? In the case you are talking about that, a lot of people told me that adding pops would break the game and make it slower but having the USA with so little pops and the world so empty bothers me to no end.
    No, I meant adding countries like Andorra and other microstates. The hassle of editing the map and adding provinces seems like too much effort for one-province minors that have (almost) zero relevance to real world politics.

The thing about POPs is false. The game only slows down if you have multiple types of POPs such as Yankee Protestants, Yankee Catholics, Dixie Protestants, Dixie Catholics, Afro-American Protestants, etc. You can have as many Yankee Protestants and Yankee Catholics as you want. The issue comes when you have multiple cultures and religions in every province instead of two-three cultures and a couple religions.

We had a huge discussion about it in the old modern day scenario thread.

No, I meant adding countries like Andorra and other microstates. The hassle of editing the map and adding provinces seems like too much effort for one-province minors that have (almost) zero relevance to real world politics.

The thing about POPs is false. The game only slows down if you have multiple types of POPs such as Yankee Protestants, Yankee Catholics, Dixie Protestants, Dixie Catholics, Afro-American Protestants, etc. You can have as many Yankee Protestants and Yankee Catholics as you want. The issue comes when you have multiple cultures and religions in every province instead of two-three cultures and a couple religions.

We had a huge discussion about it in the old modern day scenario thread.
    I now it will be too much work and I don't even have an idea on how to properly do it, but the problem with Brazil's regions keeps me from moving the capital and while these nation are small, I know a lot of people who want to conquer the world as Vatican City.
    And thanks for the info, I plan to reduce pop cultures in the USA to two or three groups and some 3-4 religions, so hopefully I will not have many issues.
    Anyway, I'm working on technologies while I decide what I will do.

1354313722288.jpg

EDIT:
    And some guy buggered me to no end with this so MAYBE I will put nukes that will drastically reduce the province population and life rating and if enough are launched, a nuclear winter.

Blog Entries
    You're also welcome to check out the localizations we used for technology in the old Modern Day Scenario. They're slightly generic, but they worked for what we were trying to accomplish.

The main difference is that instead of a broad category like "Scientific Breakthrough," we had multiple science fields and appropriate advancements in those categories.

We had all of the technology lines done except for Commerce and Naval, IIRC.

Oh man, this mod is being worked on again! Fuck yes! I can't wait! I so want this

You're also welcome to check out the localizations we used for technology in the old Modern Day Scenario. They're slightly generic, but they worked for what we were trying to accomplish.

The main difference is that instead of a broad category like "Scientific Breakthrough," we had multiple science fields and appropriate advancements in those categories.

We had all of the technology lines done except for Commerce and Naval, IIRC.
    Thanks a lo for the offer and the advices. I had a similar idea to what you did, and I will take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazman View Post
    Oh man, this mod is being worked on again! Fuck yes! I can't wait! I so want this
    Trying my best to work as soon as possible. I planned to do the first released after I got pops right but if I do this without putting some factories we will have mass unemployment. I'm working now on cultures and soon will move to population.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I'd love to try to recreate the old german empire or the roman empire, even the spanish colonial one... if you add cores via event for Germany, don't forget the ones in Poland and Lithuania
    Hei, hei, heißa! juchei!
    Die Wallensteiner zieh'n vorbei
    Hei, hei, heißa juchei
    Trum, trum, terum tum tum

My first AAR :Glauben! Kämpfen! Siegen! (A DWI Germany AAR): http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...I-Germany-AAR)

Second Lieutenant KaiserRichter's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

No cache folder in either map in My Documents or in my steam folder.
    Crashes at processing flags.

What do?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserRichter View Post
    No cache folder in either map in My Documents or in my steam folder.
    Crashes at processing flags.

What do?
    I have to apologize for that. It seems the MDM mod didn't had only one bug when I got it. Don't empty your cache, run it some times. One time it will start working and will continue so until you clear the cache again. I stopped working on the pops to find this bug.

In other related update, here are some fun with numbers. I'm working on the USA.

#USA - Total Population in 1992 - 248.709.873. Will use 248.700.000 as base.
    #Total Pops to be distributed: 62.175.000, distributed in 71-64%% white americans(44.766.000), 15% afro americans (9.326.250), 12% Hispanic Americans (7.461.000), 1% Native American (621.750) and 1% Asian (621.750)(maybe). From these, 66,7% (41,035,500) should be protestant(mostly white and afro americans), 21% (13.056.750) should be catholic (mostly hispanics), 11% (6.839.250) atheists (non religious), 0.7% (435,225) budhist (asians)(maybe) and 1.3% (808.275) jewish.

Blog Entries
    The word you're looking for is irreligious, not atheist. Atheism is the explicit disbelief in God while being irreligious is the lack of religious beliefs in general.

Also, you will run into issues if you sort countries by ethnic group such as Hispanic American and Asian American. Mexican immigrants can move from Mexico, but they will most likely assimilate to White American rather than Hispanic American, the same with Vietnamese immigrants coming to the United States.

What you might want to consider is doing using something similar to what Victoria does for Canada. You have Anglo-Canadian and Franco-Canadians, those who speak English and those who speak French. You can divide the American population into Anglo-American and Hispanic American or something along those lines with non-English or Spanish-speaking being lumped into Anglo-American for simplicity's sake.

That gives you two cultures plus Native American (which need to exist for obvious reasons) that you have to work with instead of five.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast