• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ProxyCell

First Lieutenant
123 Badges
May 12, 2010
www.iruberleet.org
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • King Arthur II
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • For the Motherland
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Ancient Space
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi,

I am playing a game at the moment as North Germany and I took over Panama from Columbia. I also have edited my save game to allow slavery.

After I captured Panama there was no pop-up to ask me if I wanted this to become a slave state however. Why not?

I modded the save game file again to make the state of panama a slave state but there are still 0 slave pops in my country. Where do these come from?

Thank you.

Edit: man... this question is awkward since it sounds like i'm asking where do babies come from lol

Yeah. Slaves aren't going to move around, especially not across borders.

This reminds me of the mouse over tip in the county tab. "no one has signed up this month"

What if I grab some colonies in Africa that are slave states? Will they eventually move over to Panama? I will save-edit them in if I must! lol

They can, yes. But usually slaves just move to other uncivilised colonies, such as when slaves move across the USA from the South to any slave state you create. If you want slaves you'll need to conquer civilised nations with slaves on their integral territory or deal with only having them in your African colonies.

Slaves can be added to your country. When you play as the US, all your slaves start as Afro-American. Sometimes I will see small slave POPs (size about 25) of Wolf and other African cultures pop up. I think if you manage to get immigrants from slavery-allowing countries, they will bring slaves with them. However, since immigration is decided first by country, you, as Prussia, won't get immigrants (at least for awhile). So you have a very, very low chance of ever getting slaves. Even if you do, they will never be more than about 1% of your population in those provinces.