• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've read the first page and I am trying to find a character to play from ToG bookmark. Basically I am looking for one that would later can form a kingdome and convert to christianity. Any suggestions? Right now I am thinking to start like a Polish noble and try to form Poland.

I just thought to mention the amount of effort put into the dynasties of Georgia and Armenia. I was looking through their dynasty trees, as well as the history of some counties in the area, and it is really interesting.

One family of a playable count in 867, Count Smbat Arranshahik of Aghvank has its ancestry dating back in game to 50 A.D., with their oldest descendant shown in game being Vonon Arsacid, a Kurdish Zoroastrian.

Smbat is also related to Ardeshir I, the first Sassanid Emperor.. And, it seems he is also related to the Parthian Emperors, as the Arsacid dynasty was apparently the ruling dynasty of Parthia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthian_Empire

Best lineage in the game, I think. I'm considering making Smbat a Kurdish Zoroastrian through the console, and renaming his dynasty to Arsacid.

Last edited:
Well No-one's mentioned Charlemagne yet. I haven't found much of note, I've been looking at HRE and ERE to try and find the beginnings of the great dynasties. The Bagratonis are still in Armenia and the Premyslid's are in Bohemia too. I understand that Svijpod or whatever it's called has the ancestors of Ragnar Lodbrok too but I haven't looked yet. I must admit I don't know much about European houses but here are a few I did find:

House Yngling - Count Oysteinn of Oppland (Future Kings of Norway)
House Babenberger - Count Heinrich of Nassau (Mentioned in the leaderboard for sounding like Babenberg)
House Billung - Billung of Osnabrock and Amelung of Gottingen (Future Dukes of Saxony)
House Welf - Count Rothard of Sundgau
House Chatenois/Lorraine - Count Gerhard of Paris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lorraine)

And last but certainly not least;

House Capet - Count Anselm of Liege, Count Robert of Bourbon and Count Thurimbert of Loon. Thurimbert is shown as Robert in the character select screen for some reason. This one's the bloke that all the kings are descended from according to the CKII trees. Considering these are the guys that supplanted the karlings as kings of France and became the best medieval dynasty, by paradox's reckoning, theses should be of particular interest.

I'm sure there's more Europeans I've missed. Couldn't find any Byzantine houses that I knew of but I'm sure I've missed some, haven't even looked at islam yet.

Any body else had any luck?

Last edited:
Krum is in the game as a 18 year old Duke in Bulgaria, and already has Omurtag as a one year old son. In my first test run it wasn't too difficult to supplant Telerig and seize control of Bulgaria. Then you can wreak havok on the Byzantines :p

Reactions:
Palaio Qutid in Tangier.

A two-province independent Visigothic Sunni count. I was looking for Visigoths in Iberia but stumbled across this chap the other side of the pillars of Hercules. With west Africa being an interesting mess at this point, you could either side with the Umayyads or build up a new realm in west Africa and use it as a base to take Iberia later on, in a fantastic Qutid homecoming.

He is the son of Julian, the semi-legendary last Byzantine governor of Ceuta. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian,_Count_of_Ceuta

Reactions:
Is anyone interested in taking over this thread? I haven't really played CK2 in a while and I don't have the time to commit to updating it - at the rate and regularity at which I do it, it takes an hour to and hour and a half, which isn't really worth the trouble when trying to also fit in exams, uni applications and other things that are clogging up my available time at the moment. So it's a bit of a task that I'm not sure I can do anymore. I post every time I update, so it'd take someone going back through the thread, probably about ten pages, to find the last time I did, and either starting a new thread or having their posts moved to the front page, then pasting in the existing information and writing up what's been submitted since then (plus maybe a couple of examples per DLC as I haven't been able to do anything beyond the basics on this since Old Gods). Sorry for the constant delays on this, and hopefully there's someone more able to step up to the plate than me. :)

Is anyone interested in taking over this thread? I haven't really played CK2 in a while and I don't have the time to commit to updating it - at the rate and regularity at which I do it, it takes an hour to and hour and a half, which isn't really worth the trouble when trying to also fit in exams, uni applications and other things that are clogging up my available time at the moment. So it's a bit of a task that I'm not sure I can do anymore. I post every time I update, so it'd take someone going back through the thread, probably about ten pages, to find the last time I did, and either starting a new thread or having their posts moved to the front page, then pasting in the existing information and writing up what's been submitted since then (plus maybe a couple of examples per DLC as I haven't been able to do anything beyond the basics on this since Old Gods). Sorry for the constant delays on this, and hopefully there's someone more able to step up to the plate than me. :)

I can do it. Though it's probably better if people resubmit their ideas if it's not yet on CK2 wiki.

I'd like to add shielkh stephanos mihranian of albania in 769

This guy is a descendant of both the Sassanids AND the Arsacids. Barring his religion(miaphysite) and geographical position(kingdom of Georgia) this is the dream RP character to restore a Zoroastrian Persia with.

I just noticed that the thread has been un-stickyed, mods y u do this?

I just noticed that the thread has been un-stickyed, mods y u do this?
#

see post #627 only TWO posts above yours....and there were too many stickied treads at the time anyway.
A lot of threads got unstickied, too many at first.

Why they then don't go into the FAQ subforum or in the FAQ stickied thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...gs-II-General-information-FAQ-Game-Guides-etc i don't know.
Neither got updated since and including SoA nor did the developer diaries archive. I assume they don't think anyone reads these anyways or that it's not worth the effort. I don't know.

Palaio Qutid in Tangier.

A two-province independent Visigothic Sunni count. I was looking for Visigoths in Iberia but stumbled across this chap the other side of the pillars of Hercules. With west Africa being an interesting mess at this point, you could either side with the Umayyads or build up a new realm in west Africa and use it as a base to take Iberia later on, in a fantastic Qutid homecoming.

He is the son of Julian, the semi-legendary last Byzantine governor of Ceuta. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian,_Count_of_Ceuta

One idea is to have the child heir educated by a Visigothic noble. Maybe it changes a little with the beta patch, but the surviving Visigothic kingdoms have a short existence. When holy orders appears, survival becomes a little more predictable.

I'd like to add shielkh stephanos mihranian of albania in 769

This guy is a descendant of both the Sassanids AND the Arsacids. Barring his religion(miaphysite) and geographical position(kingdom of Georgia) this is the dream RP character to restore a Zoroastrian Persia with.

If people want me to take up updating the Wiki, please write all entries in usual format of:

Religion

Catholic

Capua, County of

Lando IV di Aquino, Count of Capua, 1092 - Last lombard prince in Italy. Try to expel the Hauteville of the Kingdom of Sicily and recover the ancient lands that are under the domain of the Holy Roman Empire.

"Ermengol d'Urgell, Count of Urgell, 15 Sept. 1066: Start your Reconquista from the safest county in Spain."

Safest county in Spain??? LAWL.

FYI this is a horrible starting character. First play through I lasted 22 years. I helped my liege conquer a couple neighboring Muslim counties. My reward was having my only title revoked afterwards. Your only ally is the Kingdom of Alto Aragon with all of one county. You start with no children. Doesnt matter because there are no available alliances in the region to marry into. At least not that early in the game.

Second play through I lasted maybe 22 days. My liege almost immediately revokes my title. This time the Muslims I helped my liege defeat in my first play through actually join my liege's war to revoke my title. Again its far too early in the game to forge alliances since no one has any children yet....

I'm still trying to find a vassal count to play who has a hope in hell of rising up.

^Try looking in England (especially in 1066, though the Charlemagne bookmark probably has one or two in Mercia).

"Ermengol d'Urgell, Count of Urgell, 15 Sept. 1066: Start your Reconquista from the safest county in Spain."

Safest county in Spain??? LAWL.

FYI this is a horrible starting character. First play through I lasted 22 years. I helped my liege conquer a couple neighboring Muslim counties. My reward was having my only title revoked afterwards. Your only ally is the Kingdom of Alto Aragon with all of one county. You start with no children. Doesnt matter because there are no available alliances in the region to marry into. At least not that early in the game.

Second play through I lasted maybe 22 days. My liege almost immediately revokes my title. This time the Muslims I helped my liege defeat in my first play through actually join my liege's war to revoke my title. Again its far too early in the game to forge alliances since no one has any children yet....
`
I'm still trying to find a vassal count to play who has a hope in hell of rising up.
Honestly, you're not going to find one. The ai has an annoying tendency to hate its vassals. I have played in numerous realms and, unless I'm absurdly more powerful than them (such as Duke Wilhelm in France (1066)), they have always tried to revoke my things. THe one exception I can think of is in the AGoT mod, but I think that's because you can't without a claim...

Prince Charles of France, Count of La Marche and Lusignan, December 1314: Starting in the very first days of Louis X's reign, play as the youngest son of the glorious Philip IV, the Fair, and see how far you can reach. France? Navarre? Aquitaine(Louis will create this title as soon as he can)? Or just the timid county of Artois, which will be passed to your unfaithful wife at the death of the old Mahaut D'Artois? Can you repeat history, becoming Charles IV, or contradict it, keeping the Capets on the throne?