• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Who is the winner?

• Rictus wins

Votes: 3 6,5%
  • MrT wins

Votes: 19 41,3%
  • You are both amazing!

Votes: 4 8,7%
  • You are both too hammered for us to know anymore...

Votes: 20 43,5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by MrT
Also there's no way the upper limit would be x 401 since I do not believe that it's possible to go bankrupt every single month starting right from 1419.

I disagree. If you start taking loans early on and spending it as far as possible (make state gifts, if need be), and having a monthly spending larger than what remains, can be achieved rather early, I think.

Originally posted by Sytass
I disagree. If you start taking loans early on and spending it as far as possible (make state gifts, if need be), and having a monthly spending larger than what remains, can be achieved rather early, I think.
Early on, yes, but not reliably every single month right from January 1419. There is a limit to the number of ducats you can spend in a given month. You only have so much manpower, access to so many mercenaries, gain so many diplomats, etc.

With the Aztecs I was unable to achieve more than about four or five banruptcies a year in the first five or ten years (a major drawback of taking them since mercenaries weren't available). With Byzantium I could do a few more, but there are other issues with that nation that I think would make it highly unlikely to survive the full 40 years.

I'll be interested to see what you're able to achieve this weekend with the Ottomans. I think you'll find it impossible to bankrupt yourself naturally 4811 times.

BTW, I just recalled another piece of advice that I didn't mention earlier: although it would be an incredibly tedious thing to do, you should pause on the 1st of each and every single month that you can still spend money (i.e. there are things you can still afford) and take out 5 loans and spend it all. That way if you happen to get a random event that requires money you can get an extra bankruptcy out of it. I didn't do this with my game so I probably missed out on at least 1000% inflation that I could have had. I also had rather an annoyingly large number of deflation events...probably to the tune of about another 300% or 400%. Nevertheless, I would think exceeding 112,000%-115,000% would be exceedingly difficult if not impossible.