• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Who is the winner?

• Rictus wins

Votes: 3 6,5%
  • MrT wins

Votes: 19 41,3%
  • You are both amazing!

Votes: 4 8,7%
  • You are both too hammered for us to know anymore...

Votes: 20 43,5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soarom: I haven't seen any bankruptcies aronud me, but it's only a metter of time. I don't think the AI is as prfo...profic...good[i/] at managing its economics as I am. :)

LD: Thakns Treebaerd :D Some jerk stole ym cell phone so I'm phonelss at the momnte. Sorry :(

What is there to say about 1433? I captured Cyprus but wiht my stab at -2, I decided to DOW the Ottomand and Ak Koyunlu instead. I'm saving the annxeation fo Cyprus until atfer my peace with those guys.

Currenly have all of the enemy terrtiories besieged adn am close to breaking in no many. After that I thikn it's gonna be a trip to visit Hungary who is in flames rihgt now due to the hlepful Poles and Lith's. :)

Beer is now 2018% more than it swa as I just cracked upon another. I'm definitely going at the pace fo 1:200% now! :eek::)

Originally posted by MrT

LD: Thakns Treebaerd :D Some jerk stole ym cell phone so I'm phonelss at the momnte. Sorry :(
What's a Treebaerd? :D :D

You probably sold the cell phone while in a drunken stupor for a bottle of Old Shoelace... ;)

Originally posted by MrT

What is there to say about 1433? I captured Cyprus but wiht my stab at -2, I decided to DOW the Ottomand and Ak Koyunlu instead. I'm saving the annxeation fo Cyprus until atfer my peace with those guys.

Oh my god, you've captured Cyprus! You Bastard!

M

Sorry Bismarck. It had to be doen.

LD: At this point just about anything's possilbe.

1433 was not a good year. NOT! N. P. T. Npt!

Oh sure, it started off nicely as province after province fell to my ever shirnking armeis. Then I caugth a wave...of obscurantism ro whatever they call it in f*kcing Californaia. Joy! Running at perpanent -3 stab, war exhaustion creeping up, and the near-monthly bankruptcy.....

*Sihg*

Fortunately the last Ak K province fell dyas later and I took Angora, Armenai adn 400ducats form them. The the Ottomans gave up Kastamon, Trabzon and (he he he) Daghestan which happened to belong to the GH and I hadn't even realized I was at war woith the Horde. Hoo hoo! wOOt! :D

Then teh end of the month rolled around and my screen lit pu like a Timurid Christmas tree. Why? Becasue I f*cking forgot CYPRUS!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I annexed them ruthlessly (sorry again Bismrack) adn went off in pursuit to reclaim about 1/2 of my rebel-infested territory. Of course the rebels are much better funded than my troops so this is turning into a really natsy period in the ol' Byzantine Empier.

Beer is a depressing 2139% overpriced. :(

This, I'm guessing, will end up being the highest heihtg that the nation achieves. I sense impending doom as the crows gather on my extremely-bad-reputation border.

byz1434.jpg

*sob*

Nothing exciting to report. For half the yaer I continued to look like the Timurid Empire and I now have somehting like 8 provinces under debel control. I have each under siege but I'm down to tow decnet-sized rebel killing forces and I'm slwoly but surely losing cavalry that are bcomeing harder and harder to replace. Every 1000d I borrow next me eioth 1 cav 2 inf or 4 inf...and then bankruptcy next monht.

Beer is now made of gold...2291%

C-Rex is hereyb officially a rookie when it comes ot inflation! :p

Probabyl seeing hte sheer brilliance of plya! :)

Well, i retook most fo my provinces and stared rebuilding the army. Then, mid December, I got a Boundary Dispute whihc I settled wiht Serbia. This brouhgt me up to -2 stab and I celebrated wiht a 2445% over-inflated beer and a DOW on 1-province DUlkadir.

When I annex it I think I will cross the mafic 35BB point. Oh. Did I mention anytime earlier that I'm playing at very hard/furoius? No? Well...in a year or two I expect all of Europe and the Middle East to DWO me. Wont't thsat be fun? :) :eek:

1436-37

Since nothign much happened I decided oyt roll these two years into one. Other than massive rebel killing, I hda little else to od other than drink beer and wiat for Dulkadir to fall, which ti finally did in mid '37. Since I thouhgt that this would push me over the threshhold, I waited until Dec to make peace (I wsa also chasign rebels) so I could take a nice year end screenie to show you.

Sadly, I annexed them in Dec, immediately DOWed the Otto-dead-guys adn.....

Nohting?

Not a single DOW. Not a one! What a disappointment!

Oh well, soon I'll annex the HKan and then the firewoprks will explode. :)

What an incedible disappointment again. Here I was, looking forward to an nice BB war when I annex the Ottomans and again, nothing. Nodda. Ziltch. Zero. Bupkiss. Blotto.

Sheesh! What does it take to become the scum of the earht? Apparently no one feels brave enouhg to attack someone who's got such an amazing mind for tactical economics.

You know...the more I plya this, the more I'm cominng to understnad Peter's games.

Let's celebrate the death of the sultan wiht a 2798% proof beer. :)

byz1439.jpg

Just looked at the save game file.

BB is onyl 31 :confused:
Most other countries running at around 20% inf. :confused:

Sheesh!

3 0 0 2 %

That's right! 3002% extra for beer, now, in good old January 1, 1441. I DOWed the ugly-looking (and empty) Karaman to eliminate it's blight on my mpa of Anatolia. Then I sat there, besieging it and running aroudn killign rebels for hte better prat of 2 years. It wasn't until Venice and its 8 or 9 allies DOWed me in Aug that I gto wrorried. Forunately they had trouble contending with my 112-ship fleet and thus could only snde about 3k at a time after me. I'm at war score 47% and have almost taken Ionia so that's what I'll be demnading shrotly.

Strangely, the annexation of Karaman didn't provoke any BB war so I guess it will be upo to Venice to hand me that last territory to push me over the brink.

That's nto to say everything is hunky dorry. About a third of my country is in flames and rebels constrol about 4 of my sities...but it could definitely be worse!

This was a bad year. The war continues to drag on with Venice despite the high war score and my modest demands. You'd think they'd happily hadn pver Ionia for peace but...no.

I gues they think that the rebels will do their dirty work for them, and they amy be right!

Not a good year for inflation as I got the random event that reduced it by 5%. Woohoo! Only anohter 620 of thoes events and I'll be back to 0% level again!

The Empire
byz1442.jpg

The Rebels at Work :eek:
byz1442s.jpg

This is truly amazing.

Chris, what happened? You need to promote these things like OBOSOB and FWTLYL to get a bigger audience!! (Try to pronounce THOSE phoenetically!):D :D :D

My small mind cannot begin to compute 3000+% inflation. I think I better get a drink and try thinking about this in the morning.:p

It's kinda hard to see in that screenie, but in addition to theri sieges, the rebels currently control (uncontested):

Bujak
Anatolia
Kastamon
Armenia
Daghestan

And I'm in the process of taking Konya back from them.

This is, to say the least, bad.

I also neglected to mention that Lithuania DOWed me (+Poland, Brandenburg, etc.) but lost heart when they ran smack dab into a 28k rebel siege force. Shortly thereafter we agreed to a white peace. :D

Originally posted by heagarty
This is truly amazing.

Chris, what happened? You need to promote these things like OBOSOB and FWTLYL to get a bigger audience!! (Try to pronounce THOSE phoenetically!):D :D :D

My small mind cannot begin to compute 3000+% inflation. I think I better get a drink and try thinking about this in the morning.:p
Hi Chris! Thanls for dropping by. :)

Just imagine...

...a warship: 1100d
...converting a province: minumum 4500d
...promoting a tax collector: 1460d
...beating C-Rex's inflation record: priceless

:D

Just dropping in quickly during breakfast to voice my encouragement. Great to see you're still at it. Although you are a lot more coherent than during the final stages of Fifty Ways to leave Your Liver... :)