• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Who is the winner?

• Rictus wins

Votes: 3 6,5%
  • MrT wins

Votes: 19 41,3%
  • You are both amazing!

Votes: 4 8,7%
  • You are both too hammered for us to know anymore...

Votes: 20 43,5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sadly, Rictus has had to shut down for the night (it's pushing midnight in his neck of the woods, so I'll be eft to soldier on alsong by myself. *sigh*

Budget 1425 coming along shortly

Originally posted by MrT
Anyway, I’m really looking forward to the next year…although with the price of beer now being 389% more than it was back in the golden age (as I like to call that magic January 1st 1419) I’m beginning to think that there might be a very slight flaw in Peter’s “borrow, mint and hire” strategy. Only time will tell, I guess.

I think that the "borrow, mint and hire" strategy would come to a point where you should stop borrowing and concentrate upon the "mint and hire" part, but I can't be sure :D

You guys might want to consider taking Carolus Rex on as an advisor, I hear he has experience with this inflation thing.

Budget 1425

I’m certainly wearing a beaten path to the ol’ mafia’s door these days, what with having to declare bankruptcy in Feb, Mar, Apr., May, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, and Dec. Good thing they’re giving money away for free…good thing the autocorrect spellshecker on Word works too or who knows what sor to of typos I’d be making. I think I’ll have to drop the consumption rate to 1 pint for every 200% inflation soon, instead of every 100%.

The naval program continues to be a priority for the Empreroro and I…mostly just in case we need to escape from the rebellious peasants at some point. Theyu’re certainly a feisty lot these days!

I took a look a tour expenditures with an eye to raising a new army soon…after all one can hardly exoect the yeomen to be understaffed. I have only 100k infnantry in the field, and little more than that in cav., and the navy is shaping up nicely with 17 warshops, 24 galleys, 5 transports, and more warships currently being built. Of course it costs a fair bit to feed and equip those guys…more than 300d a month in fact! I guess they must really like caviar?

I closed out the year with another beer…my eighth of the session heralded by reaching a new plateau of 836% inflation. Woohoo. C-Rex, your recod’s gonna be dust soon!

Oh. This is going to be messy. MrT, I assume you're off till Monday.

Well, I think you're almost at the point where the Professor recommends putting all funds to infrastructure now.

:D

Oh, just read that Rictus is off to bed. But I know that British university terms haven't started yet. Rictus, what do you think you're playing at? It's not even past pub last orders yet!

Budget 1426

Another year of rebel killing...seems like almost every month that I have to crush at least one rebellion and make a trip to MR Moneybags to get some new coinage. Just the other day I went ot the pub adn wouldnt you know but they've increased the price of a pint to an all nwe level! It's now running very close to being 11 times more expensive than it was only 7 or 8 years aog.

Remind me to takl to Peter about that little thnique of his...doesn;t wpork worth a shit! Of couse if anyone ever DOWde me I'd be laughing...but wiht perminent stab-3, I think wporld conquest is out fo the question!

Budget 1427

Well the year was passing along smoothly as the Emperoro made it lceart that cavalry was to be the prime importnce. at over 200d eahc, I wonder what kind of grass they've been doing...and I don't mean hay!

The citizens - welll the army mostly - were thrilled with the birht of a new heir to the throne on August...so thrilled in fact that they spontaneously both revoltsed adn delcared war on Karaman and Teke!

Of couse the pathetic Muslem hordes were no match for the valiant men in red, gold nad white and were quickly defeated.....swarmed migth be a better word. Yup. Swarmed.

By the and of the year I was sippign my 1213% more expensive beer as reports came in on the siege progress. Oh ahppy day! THey're getting close to falling adn soon even more territotory will be ours...and hopefully some new benakers too.

Keep going MrT. I'll find out in the morning how high you can get inflation before the Hungarians or someone combine with rebels to wipe you off the map.

1428 News of the world

Or at least one small corne of it. The year was fun as the sieges prgressd. Unfortunately teh seater place fell to another enemy of Karman befor Konstantinos could get there, but rest are firmly in my grap. I only wait upon the kall of Teke before my gloruious peace terms are delivered.....and that could be any day now.

Sadly, the Ottomans under Mehmed have managed to take some more territories so I will have to deal with them again soon.

To celebrate my impending vctory I bught a pint at the bar, happy and surprised to find it only 1389% more expensive than it used to be. Will wonders never cease?!

Oh happy day!

In May the nations of Teke is no more and my peop,e rejoice at our victory. I snatch this brief ahppy moment to make peace with Karaman, taking their two provinces who's names I can;t remember, adn tehn one day later declaring war on 1-province Wlakia and their allies Serbia and Moldavia. I need war wlaks and that's the place to find 'em.

After a few nasty combats where my over-fed and coddled forces lost (can your believe it!), the superior might of the Byzantine army overwhelmed the enemy and now all provinces are under siege.

I celebrate with a beer as I write this, althought the going rate is now 1560% what I remember it having been a scant 10 years ago. Ah...those were the days!

1430 News

The long arm of the Byzantine Empire grows ever stronger...although our troops are begining to get a little bit on the small side....what wiht abttling rebels and enemy forces.

Peace was secured for a day in August with the surrenders of all three of my enemies. Serbia gave up Kosovo, Modavia gave up Bujak (and both gave up their treasuries) and the Wlakia was annexed to help fill my stables with the vicious war wlaks.

The people rejoiced all along the the roads as I went for my monthly bank manager shake-down. At least, I was told it was rejoicing although it looked a lot more along the lines of spectators at a football (soccer) match what with all the blood and hacked-off limbs lying around.

Anyway, this gae me the public support I needed to declare war on the St Johns Ambulence chasers on their island to the south of me. That fleet I built sure came in hand as I utterly demolished the Knight's fleet and landed 40k mixed inf and cav to defeat their ignoble knight army. Now it's off to spank Cyprus while a new force comes in to lay siege to Rhodes.

As usual, I have a year-end celebratory beer...now costing 1686% more than it once did. I think I'm coming around to ePter's way of thinking again... Screenie coming with the next instalment.

Man. You're in need of help... and not just spell-checking help, either... :eek:

Hope you're staying in tomorrow, there's a big storm blowing in this evening.

Originally posted by Lord Durham
Man. You're in need of help... and not just spell-checking help, either... :eek:

Hope you're staying in tomorrow, there's a big storm blowing in this evening.
Hey! Hi LD! :D How was the break? Happy New Year!

I resemble that remark. :)

I wonder what will get you first, the beer or the armies of one fo the major powers. Probably the beer.

1431 - The Knights no longer say ni!

That's right sports fans and warmongers. My reputaion takes another nose dive as the Knihgts are annexed late in December. The siege of Cyprus continues, and the public sentiment has never been higher (-2 stab since I somehwo didn't go bankrupt that month :eek: )

1000 ducats is no longer enouhg to buy 2000 cav...just 1000 cav and 1000 inf. Beer now costs 1867% more than it used to. The bank manager is more than slightly suspicious of my intentions.

I took a new screenie but I see that I have somehow exceeded my hourly bandwidth so I guess you may have to wait a but before being able to see this.

byz1432nat.jpg

Onwards intot eh breach!

Originally posted by MrT
1000 ducats is no longer enouhg to buy 2000 cav...Onwards

:eek: their armor must be carved of diamonds! heck, maybe the horses feed on diamonds.

AI inflation is tied with yours, right? are there many nations around you who constantly declare bankrupcies?

Originally posted by MrT
Hey! Hi LD! :D How was the break? Happy New Year!

I resemble that remark. :)
Yeah, I know what you look like, and it makes an Orc feel handsome :D

Happy 2003 to you, too. I'm finally recovering from all the scotch I drank over the past few days...

BTW, I'm not kidding about the storm...

(I may get cruel and phone you later... if you're not comatose... ;) )