• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(533610)

<font color="white"><b>Paradox Interactive</b></fo
Aug 8, 2012
Sci-Fi Strategy Game from Paradox Improved and Updated

NEW YORK – November 16, 2012 – A year ago, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter was released and while full of potential, didn’t quite meet expectations, including those set by the developer and publisher. Since its release, the main focus from publisher and developer has been to serve all of those that purchased and believed in Sword of the Stars II. Paradox Interactive has financed and distributed updates, giving Kerberos Studios the opportunity to continue patching the game to get it into a state where everyone can be proud of the product.

Now, a year later, Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Studios are finally happy to declare the game in good condition and are celebrating by revealing a brand new expansion “End of Flesh”, alongside new content and improvements in Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition.

As a token of appreciation and “thank you” for their patience, Paradox Interactive will arrange for existing Sword of the Stars II owners to receive “End of Flesh” for free on release. Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition is scheduled to release on November 30th.

The “End of Flesh” expansion to “Sword of the Stars II” introduces players to the Loa, a shape shifting artificial intelligence that can settle some of the most foreboding of landscapes. A former slave race, they now have freedom and an incentive to use their powerful and unique vessels to teach their old masters a lesson.

[video=youtube;UIxeT7SBu4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIxeT7SBu4A[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIxeT7SBu4A

Features of the Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition include:
  • The new Loa race with a new drive for their ships – the Neutrino Pulse Gate
  • Over 25 new technologies including a new tech tree for cybernetics
  • 10 new weapons and attack systems
  • Expanded ship building options for all six original factions, including new Leviathan class ships
  • 2 new independent races to seduce or bludgeon into your imperial orbit
  • New random encounters and mission types
  • All previously released faction based DLC – the voices, the badges, the avatars, the skins...all of it.

Release date for Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition: November 30th, 2012

Thank you Paradox for not only meeting the expectations of your loyal fans (fixing the broken game), but also exceeding them by giving us a free expansion! :D

I'm going to have to sit down and learn how to play this new version one of these days.

Sweet, and thank you for the free expansion for all of us who stuck with the game!!

<3

Looks interesting. I definitely will try the new race. However I must say, Kerberos needs to take some classes on how to make and effective trailer.

It was the best their broken game had to offer. And as you can see, the video consists of bits and pieces of gameplay put together. I mean, what was their longest session without a crash? Four seconds?

So yes, I'm concerned that this expansion will only cause more disappointment.

I hope I'm wrong here, of course. It's just that KerbieKids don't have a good reputation for releasing working titles.

didn’t quite meet expectations

Understatement of the year.. As for the trailer.. it's hard to make a gripping trailer when the whole game is nothing but a skirmish simulator with 0 actual plot or story substance.

Though It's good to read the "expansion" will be free. But I am still waiting for those mod tools....

As for gripping trailers/intros.. -> Homeworld 2 is still the most epic -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ffZodV0o4k

I wish Sots 2 would offer even a tenth of that flair and ambiance...

Yep. If only it did not require Steam, then things would be perfect for me. ;)

So, this is very nice of Paradox to do. Curious how current owners will obtain this game though. I bought SotS II earlier this year from Amazon thru one of their Paradox bundles. Will that be enough to prove ownership, will I have to provide my Steam key, or something else? Looking forward to getting additional details.

So, this is very nice of Paradox to do. Curious how current owners will obtain this game though. I bought SotS II earlier this year from Amazon thru one of their Paradox bundles. Will that be enough to prove ownership, will I have to provide my Steam key, or something else? Looking forward to getting additional details.

Mecron said:
dude...Nov 30...turn on steam...scratch self while big ass sots2 update downloads...enjoy! That's it ;)

:)

It was the best their broken game had to offer. And as you can see, the video consists of bits and pieces of gameplay put together. I mean, what was their longest session without a crash? Four seconds?

So yes, I'm concerned that this expansion will only cause more disappointment.

I hope I'm wrong here, of course. It's just that KerbieKids don't have a good reputation for releasing working titles.

Considering the vitriol that comes out of your orifice on a regular basis here, I highly doubt you're hoping you're wrong :p

Thank you Paradox and Kerberos for the free expansion, it was more then I ever expected and certainly was not needed, I look forward to scrapping some toasters in the near future.

Steam will automatically add a CD-key to your accout. Meaning you have to do nothing to get the game. It will show in DLC on 30.11 or maybe 1.12 depending of your country.

Considering what has happened to Legends of Pegasus, it's great to see Paradox and Kerberos having the mettle and fiscal fortitude to see through with fixing the game and then giving us the first expansion for free. Not many companies would do that these days. Kudos and thanks!