• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zlefin

Lord of the Diatribes
23 Badges
Jul 22, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
So, in a game i had conquered ireland and was king. Been married for a long time; had kids, a crusade started, things going along well overall;
and then I received a notice:
Your wife has usurped the throne of France from (some bourgogne guy).
i'm like, huh?? what?? how did she get the kingdom of france?
So I loaded up an autosave to see; apparently some nobles had started a succession war to install her as queen of france. a bit odd considering she only had a Weak claim, and the title is supposed to be Agnatic; not sure why they'd support a woman for an Agnatic title, especially off a weak claim.
At any rate, WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME?? if there was a war to make my wife Queen of France shoudln't SOMEONE have told me about it? my chancellor, or her, or well, ANYBODY?
It really makes you look like you're not paying attention if you wake up one day to find out your wife just usurped a kingdom. I think there should be some sort of clear (or clearer) notification that something like that is happening, so I wouldn't get surprised by it.

PS. why allow women's weak claims to be pressed against Agnatic titles held by men, even if the men are tyrants? that just seems odd for an agnatic title.
PPS I think I may fire my chancellor for roleplay reasons, aka WHY DIDNT HE TELL ME ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IMPORTANT?!?

The all knowing log at the bottom of the screen told you...

once, haha.

It's just one of those quirky events that can happen. And as far as roleplay goes, chances are she wasn't made aware until the plot was a success.

Fire your chancellor, fire your wife, fire your spymaster, fire everyone, EVERYONE!!!! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MUST BE FIRED!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FIRE!!!!! THEM!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just my 2 cents

"Um, Honey. Remember how you told me I should get out of the house more, get a hobby, and maybe bring in some extra income? Well, I've got just the thing".

"Avon?"

"No. France".

Last edited:
Fire your chancellor, fire your wife, fire your spymaster, fire everyone, EVERYONE!!!! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MUST BE FIRED!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FIRE!!!!! THEM!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just my 2 cents
I sure would hate to work for you...

There could be better messaging systems. I keep getting messages about who is educating a young baron. Who cares!?! Maybe a King or Duke I might.

Well on the plus side, your child will inherit France and Ireland.

The answer is simpler than it appears; Make the King of France a person of interest and then flag his plot and threat events. Also, select their capitol and click on "claimants" to see who you know.