+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why wasn't I told about this sooner?

why wasn't I told about this sooner?

So, in a game i had conquered ireland and was king. Been married for a long time; had kids, a crusade started, things going along well overall;
    and then I received a notice:
    Your wife has usurped the throne of France from (some bourgogne guy).
    i'm like, huh?? what?? how did she get the kingdom of france?
    So I loaded up an autosave to see; apparently some nobles had started a succession war to install her as queen of france. a bit odd considering she only had a Weak claim, and the title is supposed to be Agnatic; not sure why they'd support a woman for an Agnatic title, especially off a weak claim.
    At any rate, WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME?? if there was a war to make my wife Queen of France shoudln't SOMEONE have told me about it? my chancellor, or her, or well, ANYBODY?
    It really makes you look like you're not paying attention if you wake up one day to find out your wife just usurped a kingdom. I think there should be some sort of clear (or clearer) notification that something like that is happening, so I wouldn't get surprised by it.

PS. why allow women's weak claims to be pressed against Agnatic titles held by men, even if the men are tyrants? that just seems odd for an agnatic title.
    PPS I think I may fire my chancellor for roleplay reasons, aka WHY DIDNT HE TELL ME ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IMPORTANT?!?

It might be between you and your wife. What's her opinion of you? You gotta ask her "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

At least she could of left a note on the fridge....

hell, maybe she didnt even know, and one day they was like "hey, you're queen now"

The all knowing log at the bottom of the screen told you...

once, haha.

It's just one of those quirky events that can happen. And as far as roleplay goes, chances are she wasn't made aware until the plot was a success.

Fire your chancellor, fire your wife, fire your spymaster, fire everyone, EVERYONE!!!! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MUST BE FIRED!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FIRE!!!!! THEM!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just my 2 cents

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"Um, Honey. Remember how you told me I should get out of the house more, get a hobby, and maybe bring in some extra income? Well, I've got just the thing".

"Avon?"

"No. France".
    Last edited by bestbrian; 13-11-2012 at 05:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Damorte View Post
    Fire your chancellor, fire your wife, fire your spymaster, fire everyone, EVERYONE!!!! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MUST BE FIRED!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FIRE!!!!! THEM!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just my 2 cents
    I sure would hate to work for you...
    "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."

Quote Originally Posted by bestbrian View Post
    "Um, Honey. Remember how you told me I should get out of the house more, get a hobby, and maybe bring in some extra income? Well, I've got just the thing".

"Avon?"

"No. France".
    This made me chuckle so much that there may have been a little bit of pee!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIMagicka

County of Pfalz, HRE. But originally from Charolais, Burgundy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CB60 View Post
    At least she could of left a note on the fridge....
    "Darling,

Today I'm off to usurp France, so I might get home later than usual tonight. Please remember go and buy some bread. Have a nice day!"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

There could be better messaging systems. I keep getting messages about who is educating a young baron. Who cares!?! Maybe a King or Duke I might.

Well on the plus side, your child will inherit France and Ireland.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sending mail to Ireland takes forever.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

The answer is simpler than it appears; Make the King of France a person of interest and then flag his plot and threat events. Also, select their capitol and click on "claimants" to see who you know.
    "You cannot have good laws without good arms." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

If its that easy to Usurp the throne of France. Ill go do it now! *gets all excited* oh right i remember they become a republic. France you disappoint me. Again.
    Nationality: British
    Ideology: Labour Party
    Preferred Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
    Religion: Athiest

+ Reply to Thread