• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder if his actions screwed up the scripted events so bad, that the AI was knocked out of whack. It really is strange about the US. I have seen delayed annexations of Czechloslovakia in my games when war between the allies and Germany break out in between the initial annexation and the second one that then never occurs. Germany has to go back and attack the remaining Czechs to defeat the country and annex the balance of the country.

The problem with the USA AI not building enough land troops is a LUA problem, it is not properly balanced.
To see this simply start a hands off game and see what happens in 1944. The USA will have a quite small
land army and a lot of manpower in the pool. That's the reason why invading the USA is so ridiculously easy.
We have seen the same in the Portugal AAR by BarrosRodrigues.

And they told me I´m crazy when I didn´t want to buy TFH! Actually, nobody told me that, in fact I´m greedy and I´m waiting for some discount and HPP mod to be available for TFH! :D

I didn´t expected TFH to be perfect but USA with it´s (almost) starting divisions in 1940? Heh, this one is nice...

Yes and i invaded it in early 1943, so thats the reason why it was so easy

Yes but after playing FTM I only believed it when saw it with my own eyes. I invaded them in 39, not expecting much trouble because it was 1939, and with almost 7 full corps (some of my divisions had no leaders) without knowing I was actually outnumbering them. They put up a fight but it did not take long to realize that they were beaten. I still consider this "normal" for 1939 having in mind that the US starts with poor land techs in 1936 (only has the infantry brigade unlocked, nothing more than that) and a severe handicap in MP growth. What I don't understand is how come, after release and 2 patches the USA LUA is in so poorly written to the point of what I described. But it’s not only that it’s the Italian issue, some minors still don´t produce enough supplies for their troops stationed in their capital city (i.e. Ethiopia, Bhutan, etc.) I cannot understand few other things too...

I suggest you report the USA issue as a bug.

I checked my own 1936 Nationalist China game which is now in June 1943. I started this game on 4.01 and patched it
to 4.02 at some point. The US has 245 infantry brigades and only 38 garrisons. Overall it has 664 land brigades including 52 HQ.
It is still building 14 divisions of infantry, marines and paratroopers out of which many are almost completed.
It has only 256 manpower left so I think the numbers are ok.
In fact they look to be consistent with the findings of BarrosRodrigues.
In any case one thing is true: It is not building any tanks or motorized divisions at all so far!
(The US is playing a very active part against Japan and have conquered many islands in the Pacific and now almost conquered Tokio. Of course I weakened Japan as China a lot but still the US presence in the Pacific is impressive.)
Maybe others can report their findings here as well.

Last edited:
It is not ok; the USA is damn vulnerable until at least late 1942 because the first motorized divisions are only completed in April 1942 or so. I actually checked in FTM and by September of 1940 they already have several Armor divisions. In TFH due to exacerbated IC rush they only start building them much later, leaving them vulnerable. Like I stated they're army is almost the starting one until:

As I could see, playing Haiti, by Sep 41 they increased their army allot (that was their IC showing its face) but were building many weak units (leg infantry and garrisons when they could have built plenty of armor or motorized), this makes them extremely vulnerable.

BTW I'm actually going to continue my AAR because my reasoning was right when I decided to attack them in 1939; they were actually the same as in FTM because they had their starting 99 brigades (102 if you count the 3 brigades sent to Manila in the Philippines), but in FTM by September of 1940 they already had several armor divisions and also around 5-6 queued up. If theire first motorized divisions in TFH are only ready by April of 1942, when do you think that they will actually have armor? There is definitely a problem with LUA in the first 5-6 years of the USA AI 1936 historical scenario.

I wil post a screenshot of for the motherland and one of TFH 4.02 ASAP:

I agree with almost everything. Not with the initial strong IC build. Without doing this it is impossible
for the USA to perform as it is expected throughout the game. Take into account that the game
is supposed to be balanced to produce historical results most of the time. So if you invade
the USA in 1939 you can expect them to be weak because they are not supposed to
be prepared for that. However if you invade them im 1943 they are supposed to stand a very
strong defense, for at that time they are supposed to be building many land forces to participate
in the war in Europe and in the Pacific.

I have a LUA file that works quite well, but I prefer to polish it with time before offering it
to PI.

I don't want to be pesky, but it all started with this post while I was giving advice for an USA invasion by late 1942 or early 1943 (6-7 years after the game had started):
hope you like this Update, next update will be the Invasion of the USA! We give also the order of 10 new CL and maybe even more forces. The troops we want to use for the USA are 50 MAR divisions + German and italian Units, 20 Naval Bomber, 15 CL, 3 CV, 8 INT. No idea of it will be possible but i hope. if anybody got Ideas how i can do that please let me now!
By now the USA should have a highly mechanized/armor force so marines with ART support will be in real trouble. To invade the US in 1942 you only need up to 8 divisions of marines (4MAR+1ENG) to capture WDC. Then land your HA+MEC+SPART+TD+ENG divisions or if you don't have the IC you could get away with "only" HA+INF+ART+AT+ENG (or even MOT+MOT+SPART+TD+ENG). With anything less than these expect to lose allot of men, especially if you do not control the skies.

EDIT: since you already have 50 divisions of marines with ART(?) try this combination, because they will perform much better once they reach land: MAR+MAR+ART+ARM+TD (or AT saves IC). But use only 4MAR+1ENG to capture ports.
BTW nice AAR and goodluck with your invasion plans.

So after seeing basically no US resistance I was pretty shocked, don´t you think that the USA after 6-7 game years should have some armor/motorized/mechanized divisions? So the million dollars question is was this game even tested? I mean this is so obvious that I could not believe my eyes, especially after such a fine game as FTM? C´mon really?:wacko:

I don't want to be pesky, but it all started with this post while I was giving advice for an USA invasion by late 1942 or early 1943 (6-7 years after the game had started):

So after seeing basically no US resistance I was pretty shocked, don´t you think that the USA after 6-7 game years should have some armor/motorized/mechanized divisions? So the million dollars question is was this game even tested? I mean this is so obvious that I could not believe my eyes, especially after such a fine game as FTM? C´mon really?:wacko:

I would suggest you to report it as a bug with as much detail as you can. The more people do it the
sooner the devs will be willing to repair it. In fact I can already provide a solution to this issue.