• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Taedeios

Corporal
6 Badges
Nov 23, 2010
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Hey.

I notice that from time to time that new political parties gets formed even if that ideology exists but there are some difference in their issues. So I was wondering if it's possible to form new political parties manually without modding or is this scripted? The biggest reason I want to do this, is that I westernized The Chinese Empire and to my surprise all of the parties have state capitalism as their economic issue "even the Anarcho-liberal!" and would like to have laissez faire.

And sorry if this question has already been answered/discussed, Thanks in advance!

I hardly doubt it is possible without modding.
All I know is that it comes alot of new parties when you form for example, Scandinavia. You somehow get's all scandinavian parties into you but without doing that, No. I hardly doubt it.

1) Research some prestige technologies to incrase your score
2) Atack rusians they are very big so do it fast
3) Dont make any factory it take money no give money
4) Create Scandinavia and atack rusians
5) You are big now you can kil al
6) Your political reforms alow you now to create some new political parties
7) Create new political party
8) Atack moroco and take some teritory for your new political party
9) Thanks for reading

1) Research some prestige technologies to incrase your score
2) Atack rusians they are very big so do it fast
3) Dont make any factory it take money no give money
4) Create Scandinavia and atack rusians
5) You are big now you can kil al
6) Your political reforms alow you now to create some new political parties
7) Create new political party
8) Atack moroco and take some teritory for your new political party
9) Thanks for reading

+1

Political parties are defined in the text files for each country in common/countries. So you'd need to edit those (eg modding) to change things. Parties have start dates and end dates so they only show up between certain years, that's the only way they 'change'.

Changing to a different country like Germany or Scandinavia will change things because you're a different country now.

There should be 2 Chinese laissez faire parties. A conservative one that available after 1926 and a reactionary one available between 1912 and 1925.

There are also some interventionist parties but I guess you counted those as state capitalist (I need a cheat sheet to know the difference myself).

Political parties are defined in the text files for each country in common/countries. So you'd need to edit those (eg modding) to change things. Parties have start dates and end dates so they only show up between certain years, that's the only way they 'change'.

Changing to a different country like Germany or Scandinavia will change things because you're a different country now.

There should be 2 Chinese laissez faire parties. A conservative one that available after 1926 and a reactionary one available between 1912 and 1925.

There are also some interventionist parties but I guess you counted those as state capitalist (I need a cheat sheet to know the difference myself).

I don't think a party coming into existence in 1926 is really valid for OP's purpose.
Also, Interventionists lack the amazing bonus LF parties get, and arguably more importantly for a country as big as China, Interventionist policy doesn't allow for capitalists to destroy failed factories.