• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whenever you see this letter(#) it means the game does not read anything behind it. This was just an old value used in previous versions of the game kept there for modders as a reference.

I don't know how 0.75 translates in actual game consumption when idle or on the move though.

There are modifiers in misc.txt that define the difference between idle, moving and in combat.

I get the impression the old oil and rare plants conversion bug is back in the game...conversion rates are again 4-5 instead of 10 times less, and with 5 plants it is possible to produce 40 rares/day at 75% efficiency.

In my Czech game, in 1945, I have 4 synthetic material plants with 1941 advanced oil - rubber all running at 100% giving about 27 rubber in total. Oddly though it shows the consumption of oil by process in the oil resource tool tip help as about minus 4. So it seems to be making the right amount (at least in my game) but ony consuming a fraction of the resources. Then again - I also have four synthetic oil plants so maybe that's why.

Regards

Vermin

Sorry, I am not being clear:

I have 4 oil plants and 4 rare plants (orchids!) My 4 oil plants only consume between 4 and 5 energy to produce about 25 oil. My 4 rare plants only consume between 4 and 5 oil to produce about 25 rares.

So yes it looks like the ratio is not ten times less, which as you noted, it should be, but 5 times more - which is very weird.

Regards

Vermin

Edit: From misc.txt

# Synthetic Oil plant conversion multiplier (this value below is the maxumum converted oil producable by each Synthetic oil plant)
# Synthetic Rares plant conversion multiplier (this value below is the maxumum conversion of each plant)

;

Last edited:
In the version we are currently testing for final release, energy to oil is 0.5 (and 0.6 for the more advanced plants). So 2 energy give 1 oil. energy to rares is 1:5, and we have just discussed this in detail on Terranova. according to our current state of research (and compatibility with existing conversion events) this is in the right ball park. Values of 4 or even 2 might be argued for.

There are times, playing HoI/AoD, when I wanna cry. Or beat my monitor to death with my keyboard. Not when I loose an important battle - loosing is good, from time to time, it means that the game is still a challenge. It's when I win and automatic capitulation event take all the joy of winning away from me. Giving me no choice as to the way my victory influences the history and often teleporting my force half a world away. Like a moment ago when Royal Marines took Tokyo. Suddenly, automatic creation of puppet Japan. No debating post-war China, automatic annexation of Manchuria by Soviets (Manchuria was UK puppet by then... and Soviets had peace with both Japan and Allies). And the worst of it - game was progressing satisfactory, so my last save was more than two weeks before that catastrophe. So I reload, delete the event, but I wonder - wouldn't it be better to give player a choice? Capitulation event could have an option of not accepting Japan's/Italy's/Reich's surrender (called 'demand unconditional surrender' ?). AI could have 99% chance of choosing the first option, but human player's fun wouldn't be spoiled... or is it only me? If the final result is automatically historical, than why play?

EDIT: sorry, Soviets were at ware with Japan, I forgot about them joining Axis a couple of weeks before the catastrophe. Still, Soviets took Manchurian provinces and Manchuria was a British puppet.

EDIT.2: my opinion on capitulation events in general - my problem. What I consider a mistake is a creation of Japan/Germany as neutral countries or even victor's puppets immediately after losing war. Here - we had Japan conquered by the British Army. And yet it became American puppet, still possessing its colony in Korea (!) and joining war effort against Germany. I somehow can't imagine Japanese Task Force under Yamamoto hunting u-boots... well, it would be cool, but not realistic.

EDIT 3: and in the next game, Siam capitualtion event left badly beaten Thailand with Cambodia and northern Malaya...

Last edited:
Some questions about Air to ship missile tech and unit upgrades.
Why NA brigade models cannot get some Air to ship missile attached to P-Bmb division before '51 model #9 NA?
Should P-Bmb model# 7 - 1943 AShM-equipped Medium Bomber been called P-Bmb or NA-Bmb?
Why don't let NA brigade models have torpedo and AShM side chains like AT brigade having APCR and APDS branch?

Last edited: