Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Announced!

Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Announced!

Pull Up the Drawbridge, Barricade the Gates, the Aztecs are Coming!
    Just when Europe thought it was safe from troublesome Eastern foes, a new blood-curdling threat looms off the Western coast in Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion. In the latest DLC for the critically-acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studios pose the question what would have happened if the Aztecs invaded 13th Century Europe?

For the first time ever, Paradox Development Studio is introducing a fantasy scenario in their strategy games. Introducing a wealth of new features to appease the angriest of sun gods, the upcoming Crusader Kings II DLC brings the savage, blood drenched Aztec civilization to European shores, determined to wreak carnage on its inhabitants. Cower in fear at the invaders strange gods and rituals including the potential peril of having your vital organs offered up to these vengeful deities in sacrifice. Anything to keep them happy!

It will be survival of the fittest to survive the onslaught of the menacing Mesoamerican warriors, bringing with them exotic and deadly diseases, and an appetite for destruction.

Main Features:
    - A new invading threat arrives at a random point in the mid to late game, conquering from the West
    - Unique new portraits, on-map shields and units for the great Mesoamerican Menace
    - Cower in fear at the Aztec gods: New Aztec culture and religion
    - Human Sacrifice! When a province is lost, no-one is safe from the threat of losing their hearts on the obsidian altars
    -Survive the terrible disease brought by the pagan oppressors: A new plague from across the Ocean

Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion arrives November 15th 2012 on all major digital download portals for 4,99 USD.

Get ready to face the biggest threat Europe could have known!

Read about the DLC here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/cr...unset-invasion

Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_36.bmp
Views:	7880
Size:	8.79 MB
ID:	66687Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_41.bmp
Views:	5537
Size:	8.79 MB
ID:	66688Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_12.jpg
Views:	5029
Size:	614.1 KB
ID:	66698Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_13.jpg
Views:	4679
Size:	668.2 KB
ID:	66699Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_14.jpg
Views:	9195
Size:	644.1 KB
ID:	66700Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_15.jpg
Views:	5180
Size:	683.2 KB
ID:	66701Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsII_SunsetInvasion_16.jpg
Views:	4873
Size:	594.3 KB
ID:	66702
    Last edited by Regina; 31-10-2012 at 14:34.

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Ha-ha, good joke.

But, srsly, do not, if you are serious.

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

...my first reaction is that this is some sort of weird hoax. Upon reflection, I can see how some people might like this sort of fantasy scenario. Probably going to pass on this one unless it's somehow surprisingly fun.

And yeah, Halloween and all that but the Magicka devs actually pull off this sort of stuff.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nobody expects the Aztec inquisition!

Well, fantasy themes can be interesting, but imo they then should be done as fleshed-out as the Game of Thrones mod. This ... just seems rather lackluster. Mildly amusing perhaps, but I'll pass ^^

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Either joke or awaited meso american super dlc.

Praefectus Castrorum Tob.Ristlin's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 AHD Beta
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

In shadows hiding from the world, only comming out when it gets cold
    Is it Swedish Fools Day?
    There blindly kings fierce wars maintain,
    For palms of land, when here I hold
    As mine, whose power no laws restrain,
    Whate'er the seas infold.
    Nor is there shore around whate'er,
    Or banner proud, but of my might
    Is taught the valorous proofs to bear,
    And made to feel my right.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    As an optional DLC as this will be, it's a great idea.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

This is the most magnificent thing ever.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I can see how this might be a fun expansion but personally I don't think how I will react, personally I would rather see a expansion focused on the Pagans and Norse rather than a fantasy scenario.

Still interesting where this will lead

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

O....k. They are serious. They even made models, art, everything. Um. Um. Idk what to say, lmao.

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Not sure if trolling

or trolling.
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

*Darth Vader voice ON* NNNooooooooooooooo!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Aztecs, oh boy, i just love them, hoax or not, it would be just great fun...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k club

Yes!

Mighty knights facing down hordes of Aztecs! The west side of the map needs something to shake it up.
    And so the endless circle of life comes to an end. Meaningless and grim. Why did they live and why did they die? No reason.

If this is serious: This sounds like the silliest thing Paradox have come up with so far. Might be the first DLC I don't buy

So I'm kind of hoping it is just a joke of some sort..
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A joke? Im imagining the cavalry of Edward I awaiting the Aztecs and Im not seeing a very successful invasion. Even if doomstacks of 40k are being dropped on the shores, I would expect a retinue of 5k to absolutely shatter them, if they dont catch the Black Death before they even meet on the battlefield. Are we to pretend that they have lasers or something?

How about a 620 start date DLC!

If this is to mock the native americans playable thread on the forums, I salute you guys. Absolutely salute you.
    Last edited by billt568; 31-10-2012 at 14:45.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I will definitely pass on this one. There's already a mid-to-late game threat that ruins all my games called the Mongols. I don't need another one.
    Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?

--Homer Simpson

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast