• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

shierholzer

Field Marshal
92 Badges
May 26, 2012
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
We're a bit short on UK AAR, aren't we?
So I'll start a new one.
--
House Rules:
HoI3 TFH 4.01
Improved Historical Leaderfiles
Some minor changes and custom bugfixes I didn't remember.
No allied yanks before Pearl Harbor (they ingame, not necessarily 07/12/1941)
I'm not going to prevent the fall of france (crushing GER in 1939 with CGM is fairly easy).
If I'm seeing ahistorical chances to make the Empire richer through conquest, I'll do (I may puppet them, if I'm seeking only after certain provinces (eg Saudi-Arabia for the Suez and Persian Gulf Strategic Effects).
Don't expect me being historical, if I want to replay WW2 historically, I wouldn't invest my bucks in this game, but in some good history books.
No major disbanding of the Empire's buildings during CGM, except AA (some forts are shifted, but nothing else)
If Poland belongs to USSR after WW2, I'll launch Operation Unthinkable (with or without the US).
--
This thread is supposed to be image heavy, expect 500x8000 pixel graphics sometimes (if you wish, I'll divide into smaller fragments, but 500x8000 pixel should result in better loading times than 10x 500x800 pixel.
--
Table of contents:
01/01/1936 - 01/01/1936 -- This is our country!
01/01/1936 - 31/01/1937 -- Gearing for war / Part I

Last edited:
01/01/1936 - 01/01/1936 -- This is our country!
1936-overview.png

You're seeing an overview of tech queue, politics and the major fleet compositions UK uses (and how much of them).
--
Sir Ernle Chatfield reports:
Currently we're possessing seventy-four major vessels.
They're grouped in:
1&2 Carrier Squadron, consisting of five Ark Royal class fleet carriers and nine Leander class light cruisers each
1&2 Battle Squadron, consisting of three King George V class battleships, one Leander class light cruiser and three Tribal class destroyers each
1 Fast Action Squadron, consisting of two Hood class battle cruisers
1&2 Transport Squadron, consisting of fifteen landing craft each
Our biggest threats include possible german submarine warfare, and possible japanese carrier task forces in the pacific.
Sir Cyril Deverell reports:
Our army currently consists of five full stacked corps grouped into first army, 6 garrison divisions dispersed in the empire, attached directly to the area commands, and the Fast Response Force, consisting of 4 standing royal marines divisions, and one standing gurkha division.
Our standard division compositions are:
4xMAR for major landings
4xGRK for special operations
ARM/MEC/SPART/SPART as our standard army division
LARM/MEC for exploitation, low infra regions and bad terrain
INF/INF/INF/AA as standard garrison division
Our biggest threats include possible german tanks called 'Panzer' and possible japanese infantry, called 'Rikusentai'.
--
Sir Owen Boyd reports:
Our airforce currently consists of 3 Interceptor Squadrons, each 4 Interceptor Groups, with four-hundred planes each, and twenty carrier air groups of the FAA, currently deployed an commanded by the navies carriers.
Our biggest threats include possible bombing campaigns of the german airforce called 'Luftwaffe' and possible japanese naval aviation.
--
According to our foreign minister Anthony Eden, we've started to influence Japan to get it away from the axis cause.
Our minister of intelligence, Hugh Sinclair, told us, that we've ordered our spies in Germany and Japan to scaremonger about these countries, while our own counterespionage has been told to charge enemy spies, raise our unity and to advertise the Conservative Party.

01/01/1936 - 31/01/1937 -- Gearing for war / Part I
Shortly after we viewed our beautiful country, our king - George V - died, and his son - a rather stupid guy - took over:
055_UK-AAR.png

To ultimately proof his foolishness, he abdicated, to be able to marry Wallis Simpson a twice divorced woman:
061_UK-AAR.png

In the mean time, we're handling trade and were annoyed by the fact, that some of our technology had been stolen:
057_UK-AAR.png

Our people want WAR:
087_UK-AAR.png

We've ordered four new Illustrious class carriers:
092_UK-AAR.png

In the mean time we ordered three ASW Squadrons, consisting of one light carrier and three destroyers (no pic)
In January 1936 Republican Spain finally won their civil war:
101_UK-AAR.png

On 31st January 1937 we enacted a war economy:
104_UK-AAR.png

Poor Edward, he has to relive his shame every time someone starts a new campaign. :D

This is going to be a good one I think, but can it be as successful as the aircraft-plague in your Germany AAR??

Poor Edward, he has to relive his shame every time someone starts a new campaign. :D
I don't want him either, look at his poor stats. Autocratic charmer is a really useless guy. -5% IC --> bad, -50% war-cgd --> bad, because cgd during war will be zero or near zero, if he got this stat during peace, he might be a guy to consider. However, this would be the same today. Marrying a divorced, no king, since this isn't compatible with being the head of the church of england.
[...] but can it be as successful as the aircraft-plague in your Germany AAR??
That was so extremely gamey...

You really need to advertise your AARs better; drop notes in the HOI3 LibrAARy thread! :)

Good stuff, I'll follow!

I'm in, UK is always a interesting nation to play. Mostly because you have to walk a fine balance between land, sea and air units. I always find it hard to get the mix right when i play with them!

I sense a plot!
I'll try to collect my stuff tonight and update!
--
@Avindan
I never used the LibrAARy, anytime I looked into it, it was just too big. All that pages full of AARs...

I sense a plot!
I'll try to collect my stuff tonight and update!
--
@Avindan
I never used the LibrAARy, anytime I looked into it, it was just too big. All that pages full of AARs...

Speaking for myself, I subscribe to the update threads and I always post in them.

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I've never played as Britain. Found it too difficult. Subscribed.