+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making a copy of TFH to mod

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

USA Central Illinois 4hrs away from Chicago

Making a copy of TFH to mod

I have tried to make a copy of TFH to mod a bit and it copys but will not open. Anyone have suggestions?
    Thanks

84 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardMagicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive Founder
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by porkmeister26 View Post
    I have tried to make a copy of TFH to mod a bit and it copys but will not open. Anyone have suggestions?
    Thanks
    Did you copy the entire HOI3 dir?

PS, you should probably post modding questions in "user modifications"
    Forum Rules
    If I post in color, I do so as a Moderator: When a staff member posts in official capacity, do not comment or quote, PM instead
    Yes my father is alive, the user name was a joke from days of yore....
    BlackICE TFH
    Latest Game: Europa Universalis: Rome 2

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

USA Central Illinois 4hrs away from Chicago
    Yes I did and your correct on the users mods. I was wondering about the saved games in the my documemnts

it seems that save games from all your copies of HoI are saved in your documents. So you better include the name of the mod in the save game name to prevent chaos. Is it correct?
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe

Unless your mod uses
    user_dir = "modName"
    I guess.

+ Reply to Thread