+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EU3 Map (and more) project: Magna Novus (in the works)

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

EU3 Map (and more) project: Magna Novus (in the works)

So. I have found a old project of me. It's a map project for EUIII. It is older then my map project for CKII. At the moment I try to recreat it, but there are still some problems to fix. And I want to contuine my work. I love this mod but a computer crash had ruined some of my work. So I haden't interest to work on this for a long time.

Test Version 0.5 Download Link

I will show you some pictures of this mod. As basic I have use the Vic II map (I muss work on the positions, sorry)

France:

Albany/Greece:

There are a lot of Principalities in 1399.

Baltic States:

Here we have the Baltic. A lot of new provinces. And the new Counties of Dorpat and Ösel-Wiek (Both Theocraties and vasalls of Riga). The rosa part is the Livonian Order and a Vasall of the Teutonic Order (Livland had a big autonomy).

Poland:

So Poland... I used the Voivodeships of Poland-Lithuania for this. And if you look at th upper part... Die light blue province is province of the Knights. Draheim was part of the Knight Hospitaler untill 1407.

Russia:

Many new Principalities for Russia! Rostov for examble. Or Beloosero.

Ireland:

Some new kingdoms!

Denmark:

Before this there were to less provinces for a rich country like Denmark.

HRE:

On of the biggest changes. The HRE is now really a very splitting state with many conflicts and a lot of new states from Holstein-Pinneberg over Nürnberg to Bayern-München, Bayern-Landshut etc.

This is the situation 1399. New Bohemia is also a new province.

And here is the new Empire screen. The old one was to small.

Japan:

Also Japan has new maaaany new states. Not the old pseudo-historical Daimyos. Now you can play Uesugi or Ashikaga for example! (The colours will be change, there are bad)

Central America:

I want to make the Americans playable! So this is Central America. The aztecs are not alone anymore. We have the Tarascan, Yopitzinco, Mixteca, Tlaxcala and Metztitlan. A special give for the aztecs:

A faction system to represent the power of the three city states of the aztec empire: Tenochtitlan, Texcoco and Tlacopan (I'm not good in making new icos... Sorry)

Sputh America:

The new Incas start as a little state. The have to conquer lot other states to became the Inca Empire. Which states? we have: Quito, Chimu, Chachapoyas, Tarumas, Nazca (The one with the big pictures on the ground!), Chanka, Arequipa and Aimara.

What patch/version is this for? :3

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Summercat View Post
    What patch/version is this for? :3
    At the moment I make it for the last patch 5.1. I will upload a alpha, If I have correct the biggest problems (The game crash If I play as a south american state... I don't know why).

So. Here is a testversion. There are still some missing histories in some of the new countries and the provinces. But for 1399 the provinces should be all right.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fwr2f166461x1zq

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow nice, this really looks promising!

Anyway its always nice to see someone work on the map, as there arent that many mods out there with this focus. Good luck, im downloading it.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Images are not avaliable. So, I download the mod. There is too much detail. That must be hard work, and good work.
    I see many tiny countries/provinces in especially Germany. If I were you, I enlarge the map size. I already made a tool for enlarging position.txt. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?639381-Position-Resizer
    But, it seems you didn't start editing positions.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    I had start editing positions... But the crash had kill my whole wirk with this... Ands really a lot of work to make positions for around 2400 provinces... *sigh* I had this crash... To many rework, but I will do it, if I have time.

The pictures... It seems like imageshake have a problem. I can't do anythink for this. :/

And yes, many details. I like details, hehe. And for the size, I will see.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IISword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    War of the RosesV2 BetaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Looks promising for sure

As for imageshack - don't ever use it for persistent image hosting. Get a photobucket account instead - it is a bit more work to get links up for each image, but they actually stay consistent and online forever.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Cool.

Have you changed anything in india?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is fantastic work, though I agree with CanOmer, you need to enlarge it so it will be easier to see through the massive amount of flags and armies.
    "There is no logic behind EU4 events, only hate." -Anon

I'm scared of moderators.

EU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Any advance?

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Images are not avaliable. So, I download the mod. There is too much detail. That must be hard work, and good work.
    I see many tiny countries/provinces in especially Germany. If I were you, I enlarge the map size. I already made a tool for enlarging position.txt. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?639381-Position-Resizer
    Sound interessting. I will see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajputs View Post
    Cool.

Have you changed anything in india?
    Yes. I have had Goa and Pondichéry. And some other changes. But it's not finished, because my focus was mostly on Europe, the American tribes and Japan. I'm sure we will see more of Asia in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    Any advance?
    Not many add the moment. my map for CK2 takes the most time and I had exams. I'm sure I will found more time for this mod in the future.

I would make a map mod for EU4 too... Or expand this one to EU4. To bad, that EU is steam only... So I don't would buy it. But if someone want to translate this work to EU4 that would be nice.

Can you make Isle of Man a province - please

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Can you make Isle of Man a province - please
    I'm really sure I have do it... But if not I will do it.

Do you still work on it or do you port it to EU4 ?

I spied Cardiganshire, Gwynedd and Montgomeryshire on the Ireland photo, mind telling me the other Welsh provinces?
    Riding the Bloodcoated dragon since 1998

+ Reply to Thread