• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the author of the mod knows sth about modifying the engine, maybe she/he should help the devs? :)

I certainly could but I doubt they would allow it lol.

However I would be willing to work exclusively on bug fixes, exploit fixes, code optimizations etc.

I have been programming assembly/c++ etc etc since the early 90s.

For a proof of skill you can look at the game Superpower 2 it was unplayable, full of bugs, lacking features, full of exploits and cheats it was impossible to play MP games.

My mod (created by editing the games source code SDK that GolemLabs relesed) was a new series of executable s for the game that fixed literally every bug, cheat, exploit and added new features to the game.

The latest version of it is having a Darkest Hour style decision/event system added to the game so people can role play properly (and a new UN system to try keep games from doing WW3 too quickly).

There's also a very nice multiplayer block building game i made (Similar to Minecraft but super ram efficient no leaks etc and packed with 100x more features than Minecraft Classic).

Another one I did was make Muslims and Pagans 100% playable and bug free in Crusader Kings 1 (which was impossible to do normally).

I made Muslims able to be picked on scenario, Able to give titles to vassals, Able to create vassals, Muslims were saved with the game so you could continue playing them I made it possible to appoint Female marshals and removed the cheats from Golden Horde.

Another fix people loved was when i removed the Air-Stacking penalty from HOI1 (something people begged and begged paradox for since the AI would destroy your airforce without the fix....)

Last edited:
I'm not a dev, so I won't help you here, but I think that you should contact one of the devs (Martin, Fernando or Inner Circle, for example) and ask them whether they would be interested. Considering that there is only one coder in the team, I expect that the team would greatly benefit from more manpower ;).

Okay, I tried this and I am still losing ORG when moving. Does the application have to be downloaded into a certain folder? I launched the game, started a 1936 game and alt-tabbed to my desktop immediately. There I had a short cut to the application and ran it. Another window popped up for a brief moment, too fast for me to read anything and disappeared. I go back into the game and I am still losing ORG when moving. Any suggestions from anyone? Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I figured it out, I never downloaded it into the DH folder, duh. But I am an older fart so I'm giving myself a pass on this one.

Last edited:
I thought it was possible to change org loss on move in misc.txt...or if not, it should be....goes to poke Martin.

It isn't possible ATM. I was surprised by that, too. There are tons of modifiers, but this one is missing.

OK so it's not just me. I just kept on hearing how DH was so uber mod friendly I was sure it was just me not finding it when I went to search for it to tweak it a bit. Very disappointed with the low org in this beta patch.

so THANK YOU for this mod. I edited org in a backhanded way through tech bonuses but this is even better and "fairer" as it effects every country.

I think so, but it isn't realistic, atleast for european warfare, where railroads and roads were developed.

EXACTLY! So glad this thread exists as I know there are others who share my view here.