• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dr eng1ish

Second Lieutenant
71 Badges
May 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Playing as the Doux of Athens, the Byzantine Emperor converted to the Monothelite heresy about 20 years into the game. I resisted converting for awhile but after he revoked the second holding I switched over. Fast forward 150 years and I've become Emperor and just took Jerusalem so I control all five Sees of the Pentarchy. I took Rome, Antioch, and Alexandria while still only a (powerful) Doux, and so I didn't get the event pop-up and prestige for those. I didn't even know there was an event, it's too bad it doesn't fire for a vassal who takes the holding also.

But my bigger concern is that I don't have the decision to end the Schism. Is this possibly because I'm a heretic or maybe because I took control of the Sees before becoming Emperor?

Here is the Religion page:
0OqZu.jpg

And here is the Religion map overlay/lack of Decision button:
usRfi.jpg

Edit:

I just tested it by converting back to Orthodox and the Decision does appear. I don't have enough piety to do it anyway, and I also gave away the bisophric of Antioch to the Monothelite Patriarch way back (seemed like the RP thing to do) which I'll need to get back. But it still appears that the event is only for Orthodox rulers, and not heretics. Too bad.

Attachments

• Gf8wO.jpg
    Gf8wO.jpg
    226,7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
You must be Orthodox or an Orthodox heresy.

Monothelite is a heresy of Coptic religion.

The Coptic church wasn't historically involved in the Great Schism of 1054.

Last edited:
No, Monothelite is an Orthodox heresy. Monophysite is (and I think the only) Coptic heresy.

Monophysitism is a Coptic heresy? Heh. That'll please the Coptic fanbase, not so much the Old Calendarists.

the decision is in realm_decisions.txt and it requires you be orthodox

potential = {
has_dlc = "Legacy of Rome"
age = 16
prisoner = no
NOT = { trait = incapable }
OR = {
has_landed_title = e_byzantium
has_landed_title = e_roman_empire
}
religion = orthodox
NOT = { has_global_flag = schism_mended }
}

Thanks Orinsul. I don't know anything about modding but can I change it to allow Monothelite character to do it also or is that part hardcoded?

Change

religion = orthodox

to

OR = {
religion = orthodox
religion = monothelite
}

but the effect would still be for Orthodox unless you also changed the events to take the FROM religion rather than be set to Orthodox always.
Probably youd still need orthodox not monothelite patriarchs and etc, its probably easier just to use a cheat event to make everyone orthodox, fire the schism then use a cheat event to make everyone monothelite again.

So I looked around for awhile but I couldn't figure it out. I see a cheat to change my own religion, but I also need to change the Patriarchs' religions to enact the decision. And even then, after I cheat to get us back to Monothelite, any potential Westerners who convert will still be Orthodox right?

Is there some way to change all characters and provinces of one religion to a different one?

Edit: Also does anyone know where the event file is located? Event id = LoR.210 but I can't find it in the folders.

Last edited:
So I looked around for awhile but I couldn't figure it out. I see a cheat to change my own religion, but I also need to change the Patriarchs' religions to enact the decision. And even then, after I cheat to get us back to Monothelite, any potential Westerners who convert will still be Orthodox right?

Is there some way to change all characters and provinces of one religion to a different one?

Edit: Also does anyone know where the event file is located? Event id = LoR.210 but I can't find it in the folders.

It's in events/schism_events.txt