+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mend Great Schism as heretic?

Mend Great Schism as heretic?

Playing as the Doux of Athens, the Byzantine Emperor converted to the Monothelite heresy about 20 years into the game. I resisted converting for awhile but after he revoked the second holding I switched over. Fast forward 150 years and I've become Emperor and just took Jerusalem so I control all five Sees of the Pentarchy. I took Rome, Antioch, and Alexandria while still only a (powerful) Doux, and so I didn't get the event pop-up and prestige for those. I didn't even know there was an event, it's too bad it doesn't fire for a vassal who takes the holding also.

But my bigger concern is that I don't have the decision to end the Schism. Is this possibly because I'm a heretic or maybe because I took control of the Sees before becoming Emperor?

Here is the Religion page:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0OqZu.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	66289

And here is the Religion map overlay/lack of Decision button:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	usRfi.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	66292

Edit:

I just tested it by converting back to Orthodox and the Decision does appear. I don't have enough piety to do it anyway, and I also gave away the bisophric of Antioch to the Monothelite Patriarch way back (seemed like the RP thing to do) which I'll need to get back. But it still appears that the event is only for Orthodox rulers, and not heretics. Too bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf8wO.jpg‎
Views:	122
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	66290  
    Last edited by dr eng1ish; 25-10-2012 at 06:48. Reason: added info

You must be Orthodox or an Orthodox heresy.

Monothelite is a heresy of Coptic religion.

The Coptic church wasn't historically involved in the Great Schism of 1054.
    Last edited by ZechsMerquise73; 25-10-2012 at 07:05.

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZechsMerquise73 View Post
    You must be Orthodox or an Orthodox heresy.

Monothelite is a heresy of Coptic religion.

The Coptic church wasn't historically involved in the Great Schism of 1054.
    No, Monothelite is an Orthodox heresy. Monophysite is (and I think the only) Coptic heresy.

In the game Monothelite is classed as an Orthodox heresy. From googling it does look more related to miaphysite/coptic in reality, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Comradebot View Post
    No, Monothelite is an Orthodox heresy. Monophysite is (and I think the only) Coptic heresy.
    Monophysitism is a Coptic heresy? Heh. That'll please the Coptic fanbase, not so much the Old Calendarists.
    Nationality: Two Sicilian/Irish by descent, American by location
    Religion: Eastern Orthodox
    Ideology: Tradcon
    Issues: Free markets, monarchy, aristocracy, tradition, liberty, inequality, saving the mother tongue

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

the decision is in realm_decisions.txt and it requires you be orthodox

potential = {
    has_dlc = "Legacy of Rome"
    age = 16
    prisoner = no
    NOT = { trait = incapable }
    OR = {
    has_landed_title = e_byzantium
    has_landed_title = e_roman_empire
    }
    religion = orthodox
    NOT = { has_global_flag = schism_mended }
    }
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Thanks Orinsul. I don't know anything about modding but can I change it to allow Monothelite character to do it also or is that part hardcoded?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by dr eng1ish View Post
    Thanks Orinsul. I don't know anything about modding but can I change it to allow Monothelite character to do it also or is that part hardcoded?
    Change

religion = orthodox

to

OR = {
    religion = orthodox
    religion = monothelite
    }

but the effect would still be for Orthodox unless you also changed the events to take the FROM religion rather than be set to Orthodox always.
    Probably youd still need orthodox not monothelite patriarchs and etc, its probably easier just to use a cheat event to make everyone orthodox, fire the schism then use a cheat event to make everyone monothelite again.
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

So I looked around for awhile but I couldn't figure it out. I see a cheat to change my own religion, but I also need to change the Patriarchs' religions to enact the decision. And even then, after I cheat to get us back to Monothelite, any potential Westerners who convert will still be Orthodox right?

Is there some way to change all characters and provinces of one religion to a different one?

Edit: Also does anyone know where the event file is located? Event id = LoR.210 but I can't find it in the folders.
    Last edited by dr eng1ish; 30-10-2012 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by dr eng1ish View Post
    So I looked around for awhile but I couldn't figure it out. I see a cheat to change my own religion, but I also need to change the Patriarchs' religions to enact the decision. And even then, after I cheat to get us back to Monothelite, any potential Westerners who convert will still be Orthodox right?

Is there some way to change all characters and provinces of one religion to a different one?

Edit: Also does anyone know where the event file is located? Event id = LoR.210 but I can't find it in the folders.
    It's in events/schism_events.txt

+ Reply to Thread