• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

City Builder

Colonel
30 Badges
Jun 20, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
Anybody else having problems with doors, I'm talking unlocked doors and nobody will go through them when there are jobs inside for them.

Last edited:
Using the lock button above door.

Place door in opening to a room, unlock door, place bed inside, nobody will go to build the bed, wait 5 minutes, nobody builds bed, remove door, crafter rushes in to build bed.

Hmm, tried it again and now they are going through the doors. Okay, I'll chalk it up to my doing something wrong all the other times that I've tried unless it happens again.

Sorry,

I found that dwarfs wont enter doors when the door faces directly to a ladder. maybe it is the same with beds and other objects you can enter.

What exactly are the doors for? All I have seen is that when locked they stop dwarves from walking through, but monsters just teleport right past. When I build doors I expect the mobs to come batter them down, not teleport right to my throne room when I have all my guards posted at the door.

What exactly are the doors for? All I have seen is that when locked they stop dwarves from walking through, but monsters just teleport right past. When I build doors I expect the mobs to come batter them down, not teleport right to my throne room when I have all my guards posted at the door.
If there is a complete path, they "shouldn’t" be teleporting.
I’ll set up a trap on the enemy side of the door and lock the door and they will stay there taking damage while trying to break through the door.
:confused: