• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not entirely sure if this is just me, or if it is intended, but as I cycle through levels there are bits of framework and stuff just floating around and honestly, its a bit confusing. Perhaps an option to make supports invisible? Roller Coaster Tycoon had a similar option to what I mean.

Female dwarves would also be a welcome addition.

I have yet to hit my 3rd hour of gameplay, so I'm sure I will have more suggestions later.

I would love to be able to take command of the prince in first person perspective and wander my base. This could be combined in a dlc, allowing the player to fight in 1st person; as the prince, with new weapons and armor, (runesword, runic armor, etc.), and perhaps offhand items like shields or magic scepters, that allow additional combat abilities, (block, magical golem creation from your runic scepter, etc.). A modern take on the first person mode of DK 2 basically. It would allow you to make the prince into a legendary hero eventually, who stands a chance of surviving some of the tougher enemies allowing the player another tactical option against tough enemies. Especially if random attack modes and continuous spawns get added, which I hope they do.

I would like to see a multiple-select for objects. And even better, command-group designation and selection (the ctrl-1 through 0/1 through 0 designation and selection shortcuts that you see commonly in RTS games). Why would I want this? Well, I tend to build a separate food table and beds for my diggers (and later on, my core militia), and move them around with the diggers in order to save travel time. It's tedious to move 4-6 objects each time when with the right interface I could do it with one keypress, two clicks, and relocating the camera once.

I'd like more levels to the speeding and slowing down of time. Right now we have pause play and fasterforward. I'd like at least two between the current play and faster forward because the current play feels to slow for me but fast forward feels to fast. I'd probably play the game one notch up but two notched from fast forwards current place. There may be some people who would prefer a slow at .5 speed to pause.

Female dwarves would also be a welcome addition.
not a problem with the suggestions but I just randomly considered some of my dwarves to be female.

Maybe already suggested, I don't know...

More game speed options if at all possible. What we have right now is super slow and super fast, I would suggest a speed somewhere in between the two. After playing on super fast for a while and going back to the "normal" speed, it feels like it's super slow motion speed. I'd love to ultimately see 2 extra speeds in between what we currently have, but if it's a major pain in the butt, then maybe just one speed in between the two current speeds would suffice.

Thanks for listening Zeal and I think that most of us that are reasonable understand that you can't implement every suggestion made, but it is nice when we get one of our suggestions implemented into the game that's for sure, not too many developers are still trying to make their game the best it can be AFTER release too! That's pretty awesome of you guys.

Edit: Aw Yeah, apparently it was suggested right on the same page too. I guess I'm definitely not alone in wanting this:

I'd like more levels to the speeding and slowing down of time. Right now we have pause play and fasterforward. I'd like at least two between the current play and faster forward because the current play feels to slow for me but fast forward feels to fast. I'd probably play the game one notch up but two notched from fast forwards current place. There may be some people who would prefer a slow at .5 speed to pause.

not a problem with the suggestions but I just randomly considered some of my dwarves to be female.

Last edited:
Maybe it would be a good idea for Zeal to setup an account on that service that let's users make suggestions and then each user has like 3 or 10 votes and can vote on features that they find interesting as a good way to judge what the community is really interested in as a whole.

I think it was pretty easy to judge that the majority of the community wanted that block that they were nice enough to give us, but there are so many suggestions not only in this topic, but in the Steam suggestion topic as well as scattered throughout the the entirety of both paradox and steam forums that it would be good to use a service like what I mentioned above to get all the ideas into one area where people can then vote on their most wanted features and Zeal can then post in them as ideas that are doable or ideas that can't be doable for whatever reason be it too much development time, game balance issues etc.

I wish I could remember the name of the site that does this, I know it's out there as other developers use it for their games too.

Maybe every time you mine a fertilized soil, it gives you fertilizer, or something, and then that would go into the resources bar at the bottom, and then when you want to place a fertilized soil, it takes up 4 fertilizer, or something along those lines.

Maybe every time you mine a fertilized soil, it gives you fertilizer, or something, and then that would go into the resources bar at the bottom, and then when you want to place a fertilized soil, it takes up 4 fertilizer, or something along those lines.

Yes I like the idea. Mine the fertilized soil and it disappears from the map and the "fertilizer" goes into our inventory, to be placed someplace else. In this way we could devise a semi-efficent farming area.

I think I understand why they do it the way that they do it so that it's more random but the way that I see it, the way that it is now really doesn't add anything to the game play. I mean we can't sell our food anyway, so... Why not let players that might have varying degrees of OCD (and obviously for those that don't too) be able to layout their farm areas in a way that is pleasing to them.

Personally, I would make it so that to be able to gather up that fertilizer plot, it would have to be within one of the farming stones ring of influence and I would make it so that those farming stones can NOT just be moved like every other item, you should only be able to build them and destroy them so when you find a bunch of fertilizer plots in an area that you don't want to use for farming you'd have to spend the money to place the stone, then gather up the fertilizer and destroy the stone, then you could use that fertilizer to add on to an area where you do actually want a farming area.

I'd also make it so that if the player wants to place the farming stone on a player created fertilizer plot that it costs them substantially more resources than it does to place the farming stone on a natural fertilizer block. There has to be negatives to being able to do something like what is described in this suggestion, we can't just reap all the benefits but not pay the price.

Plus we need more gold sinks in the game anyway.

I also strongly support the idea of being able to somehow create fertile soil so we could build underground gardens with cool shapes or perhaps underground maze made of cherry trees and so on.

There has already been some good suggestions on how to do it but i'll just add what i had in mind- The ability to make your own fertile soil shouldnt be something that can be accessed at the beginning, it should be unlocked by one of the latest technologies. Fertilizer is OK idea, but there's already plenty of resources in game and no room on the resource bar. Instead there could be a fertile soil block which costs food to build (Food would represent the fertilizer, instead of having a fertilizer resource we can just imagine that dwarves take the food and make compost and then mix it with soil to create fertile block.)

Last edited:
Thanks for listening Zeal and I think that most of us that are reasonable understand that you can't implement every suggestion made, but it is nice when we get one of our suggestions implemented into the game that's for sure, not too many developers are still trying to make their game the best it can be AFTER release too! That's pretty awesome of you guys.

No Probs ;)! This Thread serves 2 purposes actually. Firstly and most important we see what features people want in AGoD than we can bounce them within the team on how we would implement them in a practical Design and Technical perspective.

But also Secondly if we ever creates a AGoD II This thread will be read more than once when we start designing! So even if far from all Suggestions will be implemented they will be at least considered twice :)

Hi,

I have played the game for a while now and have a few things to add to the list :)

#1 - Walk through Plants
-> e.g. so that it becomes possible to use all 9 blocks from a 3x3 field
-> not all plans have to have it -> e.g. carrots can be walked over, while trees can't

#2 - Soldiers walk to a post simultaneous
-> right now the soldiers walk to a post one after another - this takes quite a while and is annoying if there isn't foot close to the post

#3 - Marketplace has to unlocked + wood sell cheaper / not at all
-> right now it is to easy to play the game - since all you need is a wood-farm
-> this farm generates wood - which is traded for gold and the gold for everything else
-> please make this more challenging, so that I can't hide in my hole until I have researched and build everything

Thanks!

This is already in the game. You can go in to the Build menu under Work Station - Military - Guard Post. once you place them you can assign up to 5 Military Dwarve to it. These can also be picked up and moved like other objects.
No i mean on a specific spot so they won't move from the spot except to get food or sleep.